Is Ryan Pace's seat getting warm?

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Yup, Pace is a fucking idiot

-Bid against himself on Trubisky

-Drafted balsa man, Kevin White in first round. Is that fucker still even playing?

-Refused to build a decent OL

-Bet the farm on average Leonard Floyd

-Spent 9 months tring to figure our kicker situation and it still inst fixed

-Wasted a few years of our time with the lame John Fox

-Obsessed with defense and cluless about drafting offense

-Wouldnt know a decent TE if Gronkowski were standing in front of him.

This clown will never take us to a sb. Where the fuck is Jim Finks when you need him

Yep, bid against himself, terrible choices for first rounders, White, Floyd, Trubisky, jury is out of roquan, he might not make it three years.
Traded up for a me guy in Miller, cost us a second round pick this year, traded up for Montgomery, who can be a great player, if we block like he is used to running behind.
Needed to improve the offensive line, cost a year of learning to Daniels not playing him at center last year, and only having Chase in the system to take over is pretty bad.

I guess Mitch will play, doubt he finishes the season with the sling harness deal, then its gonna take a major trade to get a qb.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
A lot of posters said that Pace will live and die with Trubisky.

Are we moving the goal posts?

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
As i've been saying, R.Pace will be our GM for many years and he will absolutely have a big voice in who our next QB will be if Trubisky doesn't work out for us.

It doesn't really what you've been saying because you don't know anything about anything.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
For me, it depends on how Trubisky finishes the year. But yeah, I do not want Pace involved in evaluating another QB.

I would also add, it would go far with me if Pace concedes the fuck up with Trubisky and doesn't double-down. If he brings in someone next year to compete for the job, I would appreciate that.

It's okay to fuck up, but don't ignore it like it's not really happening.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Roquan has had one bad game this season an incredible rookie season last year. I wouldn’t say he’s struggling.

He has had 1 good game against the Packers

Non-descript for 2 games

Deactivated

Bad

He is the 8th overall pick coming off a nice rookie year. That is struggling.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
For me, it depends on how Trubisky finishes the year. But yeah, I do not want Pace involved in evaluating another QB.

I would also add, it would go far with me if Pace concedes the fuck up with Trubisky and doesn't double-down. He he brings in someone next year to compete for the job, I would appreciate that.

It's okay to fuck up, but don't ignore it like it's not really happening.

Rich Campbell was on the Score with Parkins and he said that 10 cannot cost Pace his job unless you are looking at a regime change.

Nagy is Pace's guy and if you axe Pace you have to be prepared to axe Nagy.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Lots to unpack here

1. I am not blaming him for 3 years of rebuild, I am blaming him in part for the regression that has taken place in YEAR 5. Regression is not an assessment of the Fox era.

2. I loved Matt Nagy. I am concerned that I was wrong. But this may amaze you. I did not get to interview Nagy, do a background check, work with him everyday. So, if Nagy does fail I will hold him to a higher standard then someone who talks about it on the internet.

3. The GM is the fall guy because he makes the decisions. He has the most information available to him and the final say on who makes the team. No GM is perfect, but there are some who are better than others. This is not throwing darts at a board and guessing. This is a multi million dollar exhaustive data led process.

Ryan Pace should feel some heat. His hand picked coach and team have regressed from last season and are not playing well. If he does not feel heat because of this, then what is the incentive for him to work towards the playoffs and the Super Bowl.

Firing Pace would be stupid. But he should take some body blows if this season continues to trend the direction it is.

Ok well all you said was you have a problem with a GM who is regressing in year 5 of his tenure and didn't say anything about Fox and the 3 years of rebuilding.

You also don't get to interview or do a background check of any of the players that get drafted or free agents that are out there every offseason but you sure do come out with plenty....PLENTY of offseason threads and mock drafts and sure do talk a lot about what players he should of drafted or signed and which ones he missed on and what bad choices he made for someone who doesn't get to do as much work on those players as Pace does.

#3 i agree with you on and said that the GM is usually the fall guy but still stick by what i also said with saying that just because that's how it's always worked that that doesn't make it right. A QB gets the INT on his stats when a ball hits his target right in the hands but it bounces right off his hands and into the defenders hands so it's the QB's fault. It's not always the GM's or QB's fault in true reality even though the blame goes that way.

I believe Pace will absolutely take plenty of the blame in his after the season presser if this team falls apart. Lets hope that doesn't have to happen.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
He has had 1 good game against the Packers

Non-descript for 2 games

Deactivated

Bad

He is the 8th overall pick coming off a nice rookie year. That is struggling.

If Pace only knew about these personal issues, whatever the hell they are. I wonder if Roquan told him about these personal issues in their before draft interview. I say no.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Rich Campbell was on the Score with Parkins and he said that 10 cannot cost Pace his job unless you are looking at a regime change.

Nagy is Pace's guy and if you axe Pace you have to be prepared to axe Nagy.

Well good thing nobody up top is even thinking about axing Pace. If Pace wants to axe Nagy if this season falls apart then he will do it and he will hire his next HC but i think it would take more then one bad season for him to axe Nagy. It might get talked about but not sure he'd actually do it. This is all just my opinion obviously because i have no idea.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
3 of those years were full on rebuilding which i still don't understand how some people just can't seem to grasp how a rebuild works but that's their issue not mine.

Didn't you love the M.Nagy hiring? Pretty sure you did and have been 100% behind him until now. I guess that means you were wrong about him as well. I know i'm definitely starting to lean the other way and i was a big Nagy fan.

Do you still think that there's a way for people to know what a college player will be in the NFL? If so then don't you think T.Brady would went #1 overall and that D.Prescott would of gone high 1st round and that Mahomes and Watson would of gone #1 and #2 in the draft and i can keep going on and on and on and on with this but i think you get the point. I understand that when a player gets drafted high and doesn't live up to it that it always falls on the GM but that doesn't mean that it's right. There has to be a fall guy and the GM usually ends up being that fall guy for things like that.

Ryan Pace doesn't and shouldn't feel any heat at all when it comes to anyone thinking the people higher up are even thinking about firing him.

I'm wondering if i'll get a real, truthful and legit reply on any of this or some dancing around a real reply or any reply at all.

2015 draft class
1st Kevin White - Bust
2nd Eddie Goldman- A+
H. Grasu - Bust
Langford - Bust
A. Amos - nice pick but not good enough to resign?

2016 Draft Class

Leonard Floyd - B- (not a bust but didn't live up to draft status)
Cody Whitehair - A+
Jonathan Bullard - D
Nick Kwiatkoski - C
Deon Bush -B-
Jordan Howard b (traded away for a ham sammich

2017 draft class

Mitch Trubisky (swing and a miss)
Adam Shaheen (bust)
Eddie Jackson A+
T. Cohen B (stock is falling)

2018 Draft Class

R. Smith ?
James Daniels ?
Anthony Miller ?

I am not quite sure why there is so much faith in Ryan Pace, his draft ability has been shaky at best, especially in the 1st and second rounds. He also seems to struggle with identifying talent at the offensive skill positions. His most notable success has been acquiring talent via FA.

Last edited:

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Ok well all you said was you have a problem with a GM who is regressing in year 5 of his tenure and didn't say anything about Fox and the 3 years of rebuilding.

You also don't get to interview or do a background check of any of the players that get drafted or free agents that are out there every offseason but you sure do come out with plenty....PLENTY of offseason threads and mock drafts and sure do talk a lot about what players he should of drafted or signed and which ones he missed on and what bad choices he made for someone who doesn't get to do as much work on those players as Pace does.

#3 i agree with you on and said that the GM is usually the fall guy but still stick by what i also said with saying that just because that's how it's always worked that that doesn't make it right. A QB gets the INT on his stats when a ball hits his target right in the hands but it bounces right off his hands and into the defenders hands so it's the QB's fault. It's not always the GM's or QB's fault in true reality even though the blame goes that way.

I believe Pace will absolutely take plenty of the blame in his after the season presser if this team falls apart. Lets hope that doesn't have to happen.

The point is that Pace should be held to a higher standards than fans.

But your constant argument is that "we all miss on players" or that "we liked the move", which is disingenuous because we operate with a fraction the information of Pace. When we miss it is largely because we lack access to information, when Pace misses it is because he makes a mistake.

You seem to want to excuse Pace's mistake because a 35 year old English teacher from Canada who gets bored at lunch and makes mock drafts misses on players or has other ideas.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If Pace only knew about these personal issues, whatever the hell they are. I wonder if Roquan told him about these personal issues in their before draft interview. I say no.

Doesn't matter he is still responsible for his results.

When you buy a house the house/owner does not tell you everything that is wrong with it, but you sure as hell are responsible for it once it is yours.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:

If he did not know about them before the draft, he definitely must have thought something was going on when he held out so his guaranteed money is not taken away from him when he snaps.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
The point is that Pace should be held to a higher standards than fans.

But your constant argument is that "we all miss on players" or that "we liked the move", which is disingenuous because we operate with a fraction the information of Pace. When we miss it is largely because we lack access to information, when Pace misses it is because he makes a mistake.

You seem to want to excuse Pace's mistake because a 35 year old English teacher from Canada who gets bored at lunch and makes mock drafts misses on players or has other ideas.

My constant argument is actually quite simple but some don't get it because they don't want to even though it's 100% the truth.

No--NO GM can say what a player will be in the NFL no matter how much research and talking with and working out they do with that player. It's impossible and every single GM that has ever been a GM in the NFL has had many many misses in the draft and in free agency on players. I don't excuse anything that R.Pace does that doesn't work out for the team. I simply understand reality is all.

R.Pace absolutely 100% has a part in every move that's made with the Bears that doesn't work out whether that be with players in the draft or free agency or that he traded for but only a part and that's because he's the GM and everything goes through him. He's already and is in the future going to miss on players. That's a part of being the GM and it happens with all of them but he cannot see the future to say 100% what a player will be at the next level. It's impossible for him or anyone to do and that's just the reality of it that many don't want to admit.

Of course he should be held to a higher standard than fans since he knows a hell of a lot more then fans do when it comes to the game and the Bears and he is the GM. Still doesn't mean he can see the future.

Last edited:

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Well good thing nobody up top is even thinking about axing Pace. If Pace wants to axe Nagy if this season falls apart then he will do it and he will hire his next HC but i think it would take more then one bad season for him to axe Nagy. It might get talked about but not sure he'd actually do it. This is all just my opinion obviously because i have no idea.

Why is OP still allowed to make threads?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Doesn't matter he is still responsible for his results.

When you buy a house the house/owner does not tell you everything that is wrong with it, but you sure as hell are responsible for it once it is yours.

You don't seem to be hearing me that i understand that he's still responsible but that's because someone has to be responsible.