Is Tabor the best coach on the bears right now?

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Yes, it could be one of the worst special teams coaches in the league is the best coach on the Bears right now....

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
Damn this coaching staff is that bad. This is taking me back to the 2014 trestman days.
The roster is bad too.

The next coach is fucked as well. If I'm a top coach, I'm seeing a disastrous cap situation coupled with the best players being past their prime. (Outside of Roquan.) That would be enough for me to not have the Bears as my top choice....maybe not even top two or three.

No 1st or 4th round pick either...IIRC.

vanavyman

Liked Posts:
The roster is bad too.

The next coach is fucked as well. If I'm a top coach, I'm seeing a disastrous cap situation coupled with the best players being past their prime. (Outside of Roquan.) That would be enough for me to not have the Bears as my top choice....maybe not even top two or three.

No 1st or 4th round pick either...IIRC.
Don't agree at all. This roster for a team that may lose 12-13 games has a good chance to be good. Will need several updates but could have a really good base. If you have the starting OTs, QB, #1CB and 2 of the best OLB pass rushers in the NFL that is a great place to start. Top 10 no. They will have just lost 13 games, but a good GM and HC and this team could turn around in 2 years.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes, it could be one of the worst special teams coaches in the league is the best coach on the Bears right now....

If there was anything the Bears proved in prime time, it's that the Green Bay Packers have the worst special teams in the NFL.

If the Pack were even remotely capable on special teams, the Bears never score more than 14 points.

I look forward to that getting them bounced from the playoffs yet again.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't know.. Tom Herman I don't think is done making noise in this league, ditto for Mike Pettine and of course Sean Desai (despite the defensive meltdowns the last few weeks).

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Desai got outcoached pretty badly in the second half, but I don't think he has been a disaster for a first year DC. He may develop.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Desai got outcoached pretty badly in the second half, but I don't think he has been a disaster for a first year DC. He may develop.
Yep. People think that coaches once they fail are doomed forever. Even Nagy will be back as a HC in about 5 years. He's going to have to take a good, long, look at himself though and ask himself: "Am I ready to do what Josh McDaniels did and call most of the plays as running plays if that's what the situation calls for?" When he's okay with that, and okay with not being labeled an offensive guru, then he could settle down and be a great coach. I think one of the worst things to happen to Nagy was that he coached at KC under Reid's well-oiled machine and a corps of star players who were essentially all ready to break out.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Probably - think about how bad the starting roster is, now think that ST has to use guys worse than those scrubs at many positions. You would think they would be a bigger dumpsterfire than the rest of the team.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I don't know.. Tom Herman I don't think is done making noise in this league, ditto for Mike Pettine and of course Sean Desai (despite the defensive meltdowns the last few weeks).
Bu the last few weeks do you mean the majority of the season?

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Tabor is average. I think the DVOA ranking is 18th or so.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
If there was anything the Bears proved in prime time, it's that the Green Bay Packers have the worst special teams in the NFL.

If the Pack were even remotely capable on special teams, the Bears never score more than 14 points.

#calledit

VickAshley✅️verified

✅️ verified member - He/Him/Himselve/Sir
Liked Posts:

?