Is the D partially at fault for the terrible offense?

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
I mean seriously...I can imagine our offense running it up and down the field on them all day long and then feeling good about themselves.

Then they have to play a real D in a Real game and Trest is like WTF?! - these play worked in practice! Lol

BringBackDitka54

Liked Posts:
No doubt the defense is partially to blame for some of the offensive woes. When the team is losing the offense goes away from the original game plan and bad things happen. We also have a quarterback who feels he must make things happen on his own, and while it's debatable whether or not he can make things happen on his own, it can become dangerous.

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
No doubt the defense is partially to blame for some of the offensive woes. When the team is losing the offense goes away from the original game plan and bad things happen. We also have a quarterback who feels he must make things happen on his own, and while it's debatable whether or not he can make things happen on his own, it can become dangerous.

It goes both ways. The offense's repeated slow starts over the last two years but especially this year keeps the defense on the field for more of the first half, wears them down, and helps dig a hole that team needs to climb out of. Yes, the defense is terrible, but the offense's absolute lack of production in the first half of games is the #1 reason this team gets itself into deep holes it can't dig out of.

4SidedDie

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Special teams is almost entirely at fault, more so than the defense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Well, the offense has more than it's share of problems, but they have no help. Our defense cant stop anybody, and our ST cant get teh ball past the 20. So their mentality is that they have to go 80 yards every drive, because a field goal wont cut it. So I see it as the start of the problem.

We could replace all of our defenders with speed bumps and traffic cones and we would see better results that what the current unit is producing

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
All 3 phases are awful, so bad that the offense stinks the least, as hard as that seems. This team leaves nothing to hang your hat on.

4SidedDie

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
All 3 phases are awful, so bad that the offense stinks the least, as hard as that seems. This team leaves nothing to hang your hat on.

6cb64f5dff36224d4930aabea4ec8586.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
Works both ways, shitty O makes things harder on D, shitty D makes things harder on O. But in the end, we are not losing shoot outs by a narrow margin so that you can say its clearly the D, both sides just suck.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Neither unit is helping the other in the slightest.

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
Every game we had a decent D, the O still usually fucks up.
I'm really thinking more about weekly practice. When both offense and defense are so inept, how do they get better practicing against each other?

Maybe we need to propose a scrimmage with a local college team...

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm really thinking more about weekly practice. When both offense and defense are so inept, how do they get better practicing against each other?

Bears would lose

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

It is incredibly rare for the #1 o and #1 d to practice against each other... it just isn't done much.

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
Well obviously

But I could also also argue that the terrible offense is partially at fault for the terrible defense

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
If you mean the D doesn't have a quarterback either...you'd be correct

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
Neither unit is helping the other much at all. The offense has put the D in bad positions more often than not though with turnovers. There has been a lot of points scored off of turnovers this year which have led to higher point totals.

Team was built to win on O, not give games away.

Mr. Jones

Liked Posts:
Works both ways, shitty O makes things harder on D, shitty D makes things harder on O. But in the end, we are not losing shoot outs by a narrow margin so that you can say its clearly the D, both sides just suck.
Not happy with the way the O has regressed, but its gotta be depressing watching your D give up historic amounts of points game after game and trying to play catch up all the time..It makes the offense change the game plan and go into panic mode and abandon the run, and with a QB like Cutler who after years in the league, is a TO machine, and still isn't disciplined, the results are obvious.

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
Well obviously

But I could also also argue that the terrible offense is partially at fault for the terrible defense
Don't think so - the O is not playing good, but it's not a historically shitthefuckingbedbloddyvomitmess like the defense is.