Is there a GM currently in the NFL with a worse draft record than Ryan Pace?

Payton34Sayers40

Liked Posts:
Serious question. Is there one?

I mean, this is a guy who misses high in the draft, misses in middle of the draft and misses low in the draft.

Who has been Pace's best pick? I would argue Eddie Jackson. Other than that, Pace's draft record consists of busts after busts followed by average/serviceable players followed by below average players. No true game changers except for ARGUABLY Eddie Jackson. That is not going to cut it.

There may be 1 or 2 GM's that have a worst draft record but none come to mind at the moment. Either way, it cannot be denied that Pace is at the bottom tier of the league as far as draft record -- he is at the very bottom (alone?) or tied with a couple of other guys for draft futility.

This clown has to go!

msadows

Liked Posts:
Serious question. Is there one?

I mean, this is a guy who misses high in the draft, misses in middle of the draft and misses low in the draft.

Who has been Pace's best pick? I would argue Eddie Jackson. Other than that, Pace's draft record consists of busts after busts followed by average/serviceable players followed by below average players. No true game changers except for ARGUABLY Eddie Jackson. That is not going to cut it.

There may be 1 or 2 GM's that have a worst draft record but none come to mind at the moment. Either way, it cannot be denied that Pace is at the bottom tier of the league as far as draft record -- he is at the very bottom (alone?) or tied with a couple of other guys for draft futility.

This clown has to go!

Pace has actually been one of the better GM's in the league finding late round talent. His picks from round 2 and on have been good.

The issue is his first rounders, and it wouldn't be a major issue had it not been for eddie jackson. Most GM's on average hit on about 50% of their first rounders to become impactful starters.

This is just more uneducated cunting just to cunt. He fucked up the mitch pick, it's why he will be fired eventually.

This team went 8-8 last year and 12-4 the year before in large part due to the talent he brought in. To remind some, this team was the 23rd ranked offense and 31st ranked defense when he took over. It was the worst team in a 100 year franchises history.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Can someone please provide him the link to the article that states Pace is one of the best GM's in the league?

msadows

Liked Posts:
Can someone please provide him the link to the article that states Pace is one of the best GM's in the league?

Well, he did win sporting news executive of the year just 12 months ago.

But some choose to act like it didn't happen. His first round picks have been abysmal , his picks rounds 2 and on, particularly day 3 picks, have been great. He's found excellent value and sleepers every year.

Applefan

Liked Posts:
Pro Bowlers drafted by Pace: Jordan Howard, Tarik Cohen, Eddie Jackson,Cody Whitehair. Eddie Goldman and Roquan Smith were excellent picks also. Pace has had some dumb moves(Nick K over Prescott, Trubs over Watson/Mahomes, Shaheen over Smith-Schuster/Kupp), but he's had some hits also.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Pro Bowlers drafted by Pace: Jordan Howard, Tarik Cohen, Eddie Jackson,Cody Whitehair. Eddie Goldman and Roquan Smith were excellent picks also. Pace has had some dumb moves(Nick K over Prescott, Trubs over Watson/Mahomes, Shaheen over Smith-Schuster/Kupp), but he's had some hits also.

I've posted this before, pace has just as many probowlers in one year than the patriots have had since 2011.

It's easy to cunt about your GM when you ignore every other one in the league.

msadows

Liked Posts:
This season will define his legacy.

But to act like he doesn't draft well, or isn't a good evaluator of talent, is absurd.

He has struggled finding success on the offensive side of the ball, but has drafted some nice pieces who have potential(Cohen, Miller, Daniels, Monty, etc). He has turned this defense from worst to first.

You don't go 8-8 with the worst QB in the league unless you have talent outside of QB. He drafted/signed all that talent for the most part. He also drafted that QB, which will probably get him fired eventually.

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
Dave Gettleman from the Giants is pretty bad. I would say he's worse and the Jets GM (who was hired by freaking Adam Gase) is pretty bad too.

Applefan

Liked Posts:
Mitch is more underwhelming than horrific. Whether or not he gets better with the Bears is another story. Cou,d he be another Christian Ponder--brief flash in the pan, then gone before you blink? Yes. However, he ciuld also be a Jim Plunkett or Vinny Testaverde, high pick who redeems himself later in his career.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Ryan Pace was head of scouting and eventually player personnel from 2007 to 2014 with the saints.

I'm pretty sure he knows how to scout and draft.

The same meatballs say he doesn't know how to scout offense and why did we draft a tight end because he doesn't know how to scout TE's.

He literally was the lead scout on Jimmy Graham when he got drafted to the saints.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Pace is a slightly below average to slightly above average GM with his final ranking dependent upon the final fate of Trubs and the 2018-2020 drafts. Certainly not the worst as hands down that is Bill O'Brien at this point but certainly not one of the best either.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Mitch is more underwhelming than horrific. Whether or not he gets better with the Bears is another story. Cou,d he be another Christian Ponder--brief flash in the pan, then gone before you blink? Yes. However, he ciuld also be a Jim Plunkett or Vinny Testaverde, high pick who redeems himself later in his career.

Mitch was pretty awful in 2019, but then again so was the entire offense.

2018 mitch was solid, and had he played that way in 2019 he'd probably have a 5th year option right now and be leading this team for the next 5-6 years.

Still, with a #2 pick, you don't expect solid.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Pace is a slightly below average to slightly above average GM with his final ranking dependent upon the final fate of Trubs and the 2018-2020 drafts. Certainly not the worst as hands down that is Bill O'Brien at this point but certainly not one of the best either.

I'd say above average due to the fact every GM misses on first rounders. Not just pace.

As far as drafting round 2 and on, he's top 10. His first rounders have def. dropped him considerably considering all 4 were in the top 10 and he missed on 3 of them. Still don't believe there was a better choice at the floyd spot, however.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
I had some time and was going to give you the names of GMs that are worse... So I started with A.....Arizona Cardinals. Boom...I found one..

Steve Keim-----The guy picks Rosen and a year later has to take Murray----drafts the honey badger and he gone---- David Johnson?--He gone------Robert Nkiemdieche????HE gone-------Deone Bucannon? He gone. So yeah the first team I dissected found you a GM that sucks harder than Pace.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Bengals- Mike Brown--Big whiffer!

msadows

Liked Posts:
I had some time and was going to give you the names of GMs that are worse... So I started with A.....Arizona Cardinals. Boom...I found one..

Steve Keim-----The guy picks Rosen and a year later has to take Murray----drafts the honey badger and he gone---- David Johnson?--He gone------Robert Nkiemdieche????HE gone-------Deone Bucannon? He gone. So yeah the first team I dissected found you a GM that sucks harder than Pace.

I've gone through most gm's draft histories, they aren't very pretty.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He literally was the lead scout on Jimmy Graham when he got drafted to the saints.

Pace was director of pro scouting when Graham was drafted.

Rick Reirprish was director of college scouting when Graham was drafted.

Pace has mainly been on the Pro side prior to becoming GM.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I'd say above average due to the fact every GM misses on first rounders. Not just pace.

As far as drafting round 2 and on, he's top 10. His first rounders have def. dropped him considerably considering all 4 were in the top 10 and he missed on 3 of them. Still don't believe there was a better choice at the floyd spot, however.

Good if you believe that. I stand by my opinion. To each his own.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
The day Pace was hired I said he was a fucking idiot. 99% of you said I was wrong