Is there a statistic that measures a QB's correct read percentage?

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
this choad turns every thread into a fight spewing the same garbage, and calls others trolls?

mkay

giphy.gif

msadows

Liked Posts:
Mitch was a dink and dunk QB in 2019. Prove me wrong.

Yes, and a lot contributed to that. Once again, if you want me to get into it, I'm more than willing. Some was him, a lot wasn't him.

Thats why I used the statistics from the year t he offense actually...you know...functioned.

This is what you posted:

Most of his passes are “layups”. He rarely throws downfield.

His AYA is atrocious at 5.9.
“To...fit a narrative”. Your post are the definition of fitting a narrative.

You are bring up 1 stat from 2 years ago that counts for 64 attempts of his 400+ attempts. Lol
That is just 100% false.

I said he RARELY throws DOWNFIELD.

You said he rarely throws downfield, which, with proof, I told you was a false narrative.

Every qb in this scheme has dink and dunks.

msadows

Liked Posts:
this choad turns every thread into a fight spewing the same garbage, and calls others trolls?

mkay

giphy.gif

Least I talk football, bitch.

Imagine where this forum would be with a ton of you?

ohh, right, it wouldn't exist.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Evidently all you're allowed to do on a bears forum to make retardigrade, HHM, Grimson, and the bunch happy is post about how the bears suck, agree on how the bears suck, and then go on your merry way.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
you don't talk football; you just repeat your opinion in a drunken, mike brady voice.

you're a spastic asshole.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Mitch 2018 was a good QB.

Mitch 2019 was a horrible QB.

It's as simple as that.

Mitch was average 2018.
Yes, and a lot contributed to that. Once again, if you want me to get into it, I'm more than willing. Some was him, a lot wasn't him.

Thats why I used the statistics from the year t he offense actually...you know...functioned.

This is what you posted:

You said he rarely throws downfield, which, with proof, I told you was a false narrative.

Every qb in this scheme has dink and dunks.

You proved NOTHING, expect for 64 passes 2 years ago.

Mitch rarely throws downfield. He was one of the worst in the league last year doing so.

Last edited:

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Evidently all you're allowed to do on a bears forum to make retardigrade, HHM, Grimson, and the bunch happy is post about how the bears suck, agree on how the bears suck, and then go on your merry way.

No you just need to learn how to make a statement.

Could have been something like, Yes he rarely threw the ball downfield in 2019 but be lead the leaving in DEEP pass attempts in 2018.

It’s really not that hard.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
If the stat existed, we would know about it.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Mitch is just piss poor accurate, which is a head scratcher, because he didn't really have that issue in his one year at NC.

Yea, his deep ball has always been very poor from an accuracy standpoint, but anything under 20 yards he'd make a nice throw in college.

Then he came into the nfl and can't accurately hit a fucking WR on a screen so they can get YAC.
His footwork has regressed. Typically this is the result of pressure or not being ready to mentally process to his next read.

I really think Foles will help him with this. Foles is fairly fundamentally sounds, but has worked on it. He'll be able to see things in Mitch and give pointers to correct.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
No you just need to learn how to make a statement.

Could have been something like, Yes he rarely threw the ball downfield in 2019 but be lead the leaving in DEEP pass attempts in 2018.

It’s really not that hard.
So he lead the league in throw away passes? Cool.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I'd imagine most qb's won't be.

Once again, if anyone can actually not throw up doing so, go watch a packers game. Rodgers does the same thing.

Mitch has his warts but every QB focuses on half field and one option reads on a lot of plays. Mark Sanchez came on the radio and had to educate the 670 the score staff one day because of it.

I think dear sweet mitch reads the field well enough, its not great or anything, but its good enough for an NFL QB.

His accuracy is one of the worst of starting QB's. Thats why his ass is gonna be a permanent backup.

He is not confident in what he sees which causes him to hesitate and miss windows to throw.