Is there any chance that Poles tries to acturally retain the services of Akeim Hicks and sign him for a extension to keep him as a Bear for life?

VickAshley✅️verified

✅️ verified member - He/Him/Himselve/Sir
Liked Posts:
I'm reading that the Browns want him but would pay him only about 5.5 million dollars per year but I really can't fathom the bears letting him go for them to sign if they can afford the price tag which I think they can and should!

Hicks is literally the engine of the bears D and is the heart and sole of the team at least on defence I mean have you ever heard him miked up? He literally backs up his trash talk and is missed when he is on the bench but even when he is injured he brings energy that no other defence player brings and I for one would have him bring that energy here than on the Browns!

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I’m in for $6m. I think he’d be a great 3tech.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Hicks has been my favorite bear since Tillman and I would love for him to be signed, bounce back and prove the haters and doubters wrong. He's the kind of player that makes watching the games fun on D, and I'm sure he makes it fun for his teammates. It's probably a difficult decision for Poles to make if he's letting him walk, and if he gives him a new contract, I'm sure there will be plenty of fans that hate the move. If reasonable terms can be arrived at, I say Bears should keep him.

Canth

Liked Posts:
It would be a crazy turn of events to bring back Hicks for another year, one that I would welcome. My guess is that he is hoping to find a multiyear deal somewhere though.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I can't believe he doesn't really have many suitors? Even as a rotational piece on the DL, he would be a great pickup for most teams

mceownr22

PacetheGawd
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
With that Ogunjobi botch I would hope they are 100% looking at bringing him back. Health has been a concern but at the right price he does fit in well here. Not sure if he would want to return at this point honestly

Canth

Liked Posts:
I can't believe he doesn't really have many suitors? Even as a rotational piece on the DL, he would be a great pickup for most teams

He probably has/had suitors, but just none that are willing to pay what he wants considering his age and recent injury history. So, it's a waiting game.

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Build through the draft. With 6 picks I hope We get at least 3-4 difference makers to this new team.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
i wouldnt mind it

but the relationship might be strained

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
Pay him to stand on the sidelines hurt half the season?

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Played 29 of his last 48 games.

I am surprised nobody gives him 7 or 8 million on a gamble to stay healthy.

It won't be the Bears though. If a player isn't part of the future I feel the Bears are moving on.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
I mean...he's clearly declining, has been constantly injured and is a terrible fit for this scheme...so...no.

YoungPA

Liked Posts:
I would assume they have an issue with Hicks not fitting in well with the new "hustle to the ball" culture they are trying to instill in the younger players. 11 players stripping at the ball. When you remove the fan lens and judge honestly. He's hurt half the time. When is does play he is poorly conditioned. He makes a few big splash plays a game. Then negates them with stupid penalties. I love the guy. But I ready to see a new movie.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
You can't make him a "Bears for life". I mean are you going to pay a 60 year Hakiem Nicks? Sheesh.... :brady:

greg23

Liked Posts:
Old
Injured
Expensive
Wrong fit for this d

What could go wrong!

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
he probably wants multiple years and a lot of guaranteed money is my assumption

circusboy666

Liked Posts:
Keep him and keep him on a snap count. Be smart about how you use him. He’s been the best Chicago Bear since Urlacher.