Is there any doubt about Khalil Herbert?

Montucky

Liked Posts:

This guy is a classic Pace pick. Screams Jordan Howard-type talent who seems destined to put up a big season or two in Chicago. Bears never miss on these runningbacks under Pace. Even Jeremy Langford looked like a keeper his rookie year but washed out of the league for his own reasons.

I think everyone wants the steal of this draft to be Larry Borom or Thomas Graham Jr., but realistically this is probably the guy who will make the biggest impact from the late rounds.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Realistically, he’s going to be sharing time with 2-3 other RBs. Might not even be active on game days...

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Let’s hope not, it means injuries have hit Monty. And most want borom or graham to be the “steal” because it’s the 2 biggest needs on this roster currently.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:

This guy is a classic Pace pick. Screams Jordan Howard-type talent who seems destined to put up a big season or two in Chicago. Bears never miss on these runningbacks under Pace. Even Jeremy Langford looked like a keeper his rookie year but washed out of the league for his own reasons.

I think everyone wants the steal of this draft to be Larry Borom or Thomas Graham Jr., but realistically this is probably the guy who will make the biggest impact from the late rounds.
I like the kid. He's going to be a nice compliment to what we want to do, and, hopefully, no step down in talent when Monty or Williams goes off the field.

Now, I do have to disagree with you over Langford. I NEVER liked that dude. Ugh.

The moment I first saw him play at Michigan State, I was like, this guy runs soft.

It was back when Pace was drafting soft athletes who played football and had some quasi mystical intangible upside. Right, hokus pokus nothing was what he had. I used to get pissed just watching him play. And, if I remember, Pace doubled down the next year and was like, he's our guy! He was pulling a Mitch before Mitch with Langford.

Dude, that guy sucked. He was garbage in the door and out the door. Good fucking riddance. He's one of the few players I've ever been like, fuck him that have ever played for the Bears. He gets me pissed like Bazuin! I just have to think about the dude to get upset.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Let’s hope not, it means injuries have hit Monty. And most want borom or graham to be the “steal” because it’s the 2 biggest needs on this roster currently.
Well yeah, I alluded to that in the OP. And by 2022 or 2023 you might easily see David Montgomery in some stage of decline. The shelf life of good-not-great NFL runningbacks can be extremely short. I doubt Khalil Herbert out-produces Damien Williams or David Montgomery in 2021 but I would expect him to show some flashes and be ready to make a huge impact come 2022.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I watched his film quite a bit, love his vision and he is very slippery.

I thought it was interesting that they picked two OL who are way more suited to gap/power and a RB who excels in zone.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
He's Monty's backup and may be able to see time as a KR. They can also save a million of cap space and kick Damien Williams if they like what they see of him in camp and make him RB#3 now.

Tarik is a great change of pace RB#2, and this guy completes the RB trio. Some nice breakaway speed at a 4.5 40 time, so he provides a little more gamebreaking quality than Monty but with considerably less polish.

Very happy with him as a late 6th rounder.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
I thought it was interesting that they picked two OL who are way more suited to gap/power and a RB who excels in zone.

Its an interesting point but regardless of scheme, you still have to move the DL off the ball sometimes, and the Bears didn't do that very well last year. Hence all the 3rd and short bullshit we saw. I think the idea was to get a little less cute and just move the line of scrimmage.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
What kind of idiot looks at the Bears recent history of day three runningbacks and is so certain this guy is destined for some backup role now and forever?
What kind of idiot looks at day three running backs as starters before they even have a roster spot?

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Herbert is going to surprise people. Man has legit speed with vision .

No doubt. I can't wait to see this guy blow people's minds and have them scratching their heads on how he fell all the way to the 6th round. Gonna be ****ing LIT