Is there any scenario?

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
I like how people act like Foles getting like 8-12 million guaranteed (or whatever it is) just completely hamstrings the organization. Is this 2005? Like Foles is making starter money or something. They can make work what they need to make work. Other teams do it. Don’t listen to the nonsense people spew on here.

Is the cap hit 6.6 million next year? Is that what I’m seeing? I know it’s gotta be more complicated than that and I’m not going to pretend to be some cap expert. But just lol at acting like the bears are stuck because they have to pay Foles 6.6 million next year.

Most teams are playing their starter alone like 25 milllion. But the Bears are stuck because their highest paid guy makes like 8 million a year. Truly fascinating stuff.

Last edited:

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
I think we needs to draft a QB, no matter who is on the roster...but that really does not make sense to add Trubisky, especially with our cap situation.

The other question is would Trubisky actually want to come back? If he has any chance of rebounding and salvaging his career, it would likely be with another team

msadows

Liked Posts:
I like how people act like Foles getting like 8-12 million guaranteed (or whatever it is) just completely hamstrings the organization. Is this 2005? Like Foles is making starter money or something. They can make work what they need to make work. Other teams do it. Don’t listen to the nonsense people spew on here.

Is the cap hit 6.6 million next year? Is that what I’m seeing? I know it’s gotta be more complicated than that and I’m not going to pretend to be some cap expert. But just lol at acting like the bears are stuck because they have to pay Foles 6.6 million next year.

Foles acctually has a 6.6m cap hit next year.

You know, basically what a backup QB makes in the NFL.

That totally prevents us from signing another qb, because Remyvortex.

ChiKhan

QB1
Liked Posts:
Mitchs peak in the best situation is 2019 Jimmy G. I don't really ever see him being better then that. But that would have to be in the best case scenario.

Jimmy G 2019 Stats
3,978 yards
27 TDs
13 ints

msadows

Liked Posts:
I think we needs to draft a QB, no matter who is on the roster...but that really does not make sense to add Trubisky, especially with our cap situation.

The other question is would Trubisky actually want to come back? If he has any chance of rebounding and salvaging his career, it would likely be with another team

If you offer mitch the starting gig, he probably would. I can't imagine too many teams would offer him a starter gig. Maybe San Fran, maybe the Jets. Maybe Denver if they don't fire fangio and they move on from lock.

Other than that....his options are limited.

I do agree we need to draft a qb, but I don't want that QB playing next year. I also don't want foles playing next year because it will only stunt the growth of our young offensive talent thats left on the roster. That leaves us with mitch or someone else.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Mitchs peak in the best situation is 2019 Jimmy G. I don't really ever see him being better then that. But that would have to be in the best case scenario.

Jimmy G 2019 Stats
3,978 yards
27 TDs
13 ints

You realize thats basically what mitch put up in 2018, lol.

Yes, thats his peak. Difference is mitch was a very very aggressive passer that year and had the 2nd most deep attempts.

Jimmy G threw the ball like 12 times over 20 yards and was like the lowest in yards to the sticks. Guy plays like he fucks. Sloppy.

Urlacher_24

Liked Posts:
Our expectations for Mitch is a moving target. Second overall pick, fell way short of "Drew Brees," fell way short of a top 10 QB, the best you can hope for is a bottom 1/3rd QB.

He's always been a bum slayer. He puts up decent numbers against bad teams and will be back to putting up 16 ppg against the Rams or whoever. Consistency is always a problem. He will never lead a team to multiple playoff wins or anything.

The only way I can see bringing him back is strictly as a bridge. Personally, I would rather spend our draft picks on o-line and starters in general and not start the QB carousel over again. Let the next QB walk on to an already good team.
This qft. Draft a qb have him sit one year behind Mitch then let Mitch walk after next year. It’d be much better than having foles as the bridge qb. 100% mitch’s days are numbered in Chicago whether it’s after this year or next just to use him as said bridge qb.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
He'll get more than $5m somewhere next year, regardless of how he finishes this one.

Mariota got 9M from the Raiders, but I think most people realize that was insane. Guys like Winston, Dalton, Tannehill in 2019, Newton (injury) got MUCH less. I could see Mitch getting 5Mil, but I could also see him getting like 1.5Mil. He's a pretty high profile bust and it's well know that he can't properly read defenses.

The 15Mil talk is nuts, and 0 chance of happening.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
If you offer mitch the starting gig, he probably would. I can't imagine too many teams would offer him a starter gig. Maybe San Fran, maybe the Jets. Maybe Denver if they don't fire fangio and they move on from lock.

Other than that....his options are limited.

I do agree we need to draft a qb, but I don't want that QB playing next year. I also don't want foles playing next year because it will only stunt the growth of our young offensive talent thats left on the roster. That leaves us with mitch or someone else.
The Jets are going to start Lawrence.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Mariota got 9M from the Raiders, but I think most people realize that was insane. Guys like Winston, Dalton, Tannehill in 2019, Newton (injury) got MUCH less. I could see Mitch getting 5Mil, but I could also see him getting like 1.5Mil. He's a pretty high profile bust and it's well know that he can't properly read defenses.

The 15Mil talk is nuts, and 0 chance of happening.
If he signs a 1 year prove it deal to go where he wants, sure, anything could happen but he's better than most of the higher paid backups in the league. I think most that had a choice between Mitch, Dalton and Winston would choose Mitch though that will vary by GM.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
If Mitch would take backup pay I'd keep him. I'd even give him incentives for ever becoming more than a backup. Keeping him wouldn't mean I'd not look for a starting QB including drafting the 1st pick if possible.
I imagine he'd have to test the waters. I also imagine someone would give him a try with a better chance at being a starter knowing the Bears suck at making QBs. Even Grossman was given a try at turning him into a QB. He may try and fail elsewhere but he will try.
So I expect him to be gone short of the Bears paying him more than he's worth.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
The problem is Foles. 16 million in dead cap money if you cut him. In a season where the cap is going down...presumably

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I'm okay with Trubisky coming back if it is what's best for the team. I feel like that would mean that other options just weren't viable. But Trubisky being option #1 would be such a Pace thing. And fuck Pace, I hope he's unemployed in January. So yeah.

napo55

Liked Posts:
The worst scenario is that Mitch leaves and plays lights out for another team.. These last games are his last chance with this team. If he wins out and plays great, keep him. If he messes up then it's adios.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You have to carry two QB's though, so if Foles is pretty much sure to be here - and lets just say he's only a serviceable back up but has value as a mentor as he's meant to be liked, and he has a decent breadth of experience etc. Then your options are Trubisky as starter, trade for someone, which is expensive, or use your draft capital in the first round and start that pick?

Is it not just better then to just keep Trubisky, see if he maybe develops and spend the draft on better O line - e.g. a long term starting left tackle and maybe some other O line talent, and if as some expect he flames out, then you use that better draft position in a years time to find your QB and they would ideally be coming into a stronger O line which would clearly help a younger QB?

Appreciate there is no right and wrong answer - but feel like you have to have the pieces around a rookie QB, as if you don't, as we saw today with Watson, they can be severely limited in their impact

No draft a QB.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
That is just Remtarded. The Fucking defending SB MVP, SB champion, and NFL MVP in his second season didn't play but 1 game his rookie season.

I said these days. Of all the 1st round QBs drafted the past few years they started their rookie year. I already said Mahomes was the exception not the rule.

Last edited:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The problem is Foles. 16 million in dead cap money if you cut him. In a season where the cap is going down...presumably
Bears need to tell him that he can be on the roster but plan on being inactive every game. He may opt out which is a contract option.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Bro this is the same guy who wanted to keep howard, jefferies. Same dude who kept telling us Jalen Reagor is the truth and we absolutely MUST draft a WR in the second round, even when we told him we could do it later. Same guy who wanted to re-sign cam meredith but doesn't think allen robinson is worth his money because he had one mediocre season coming off an ACL. Same guy who absolutely 100% didn't want floyd on this team.

Same guy who was telling everyone Kmet was a bust just weeks ago, while we weren't using him. Look what happens when you use him. wow.

Same guy who slobbed Amos's knob.

I think it's about time we don't listen to Remy. We're all wrong from time to time. He's wrong almost all the time. Usually that's what happens when you don't watch the games and instead just read made up grades by some couch potatoes you pay.

And you are the same guy that has been wrong about every actual significant element of the team ie Pace, Nagy and 4M. You have the holy trinity of stupid and spent years insulting anyone who recognized their flaws.

Then when you all of a sudden decided late that they sucked suddenly only then was it right to criticize them. You are like the last one to know when the 3 most important elements of the team are fundamentally broken.

And because of it you are holding out hope with 4M.

Last edited:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Foles acctually has a 6.6m cap hit next year.

You know, basically what a backup QB makes in the NFL.

That totally prevents us from signing another qb, because Remyvortex.

No what prevents us is the fact 4M sucks and we are tight against the cap. You want to waste 10m on a shitty player. We are currently -7m or so below 2021 expected cap and you want 18 million for ARob and 10m for Mitch. So you basically about -35 million with 25 players to sign. Are you fucking mental?

Last edited:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Bears need to tell him that he can be on the roster but plan on being inactive every game. He may opt out which is a contract option.

I think the option only kicks in if we made the NFC Champ game and he started 8 games.

Last edited: