Is this about the most nightmarish season in your time as a fan?

Porkchop

Liked Posts:
I mean, it seems that way.

There's been worse seasons in terms of sheer ineptitude of the team, and success of division foes, but I think the disappointing results so far compared to the expectations, combined with the success of the Packers and Vikings, and very little hope for the future, this is about as nightmarish a scenario as you can get this season.

This is so fucking depressing.

DanTown

Liked Posts:
Not really because this team had question marks before this year that kept me skeptical it was ready to take the leap. The 2010-2012 run really was the worst time to be a fan because they were so good/close with Cutler and that D but Cutler's injuries always killed them in that stretch and by the time he got to be healthy, the D aged out.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Not at all...

There have been so many seasons where I find myself questioning this team.

This season is simply Nagy being exposed as a terrible playcaller, a pass happy freak and a stubborn smoke up the ass blower.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Yes it is. There have been worse seasons but with the expectations and talent on this team, this season takes the cake. Just so ready for the season to be over (there is still 9 games left :( ..........nooooooooooooo)

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes it is. There have been worse seasons but with the expectations and talent on this team, this season takes the cake. Just so ready for the season to be over (there is still 9 games left :( ..........nooooooooooooo)

You know you can stop watching right? You don’t have to watch them if they’re making you miserable

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's the same as it has always been. The NFL hadn't even been formed in 1865 but Blondie knew what was up.

You see, my friend... In this league there are two kinds of teams: Those with franchise quarterbacks and those who dig.

The Bears dig.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
For me, back to back 4 - 12 seasons in the late 90s was the worst. There was no hope. I mean teams that you know are going to need 5 years minimum to turn around.

This is half a good team. Maybe even 3/4s a good team. Everyone going doomsday tonight will be jacked again if we get a QB in the off-season.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
For me, back to back 4 - 12 seasons in the late 90s was the worst. There was no hope. I mean teams that you know are going to need 5 years minimum to turn around.

This is half a good team. Maybe even 3/4s a good team. Everyone going doomsday tonight will be jacked again if we get a QB in the off-season.

Seriously. At least the games are watchable today. Frustrating, but still watchable. Fuck, that last Trestman year I was changing the channel before the end of the first quarter.

redgrange19

Eater of Ham
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
In recent memory the season we were rolling and Cutler broke his hand against the Chargers and we unraveled. That brought about the end of the Urlacher/Peanut teams.

This season is a let down because of expectations. They will finish around 6-10, if lucky.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
1986 was a heartbreaking season IMO.
The bears were just as good as in 85 and got beat by a Redskin team that went on to do big things That season was a letdown. And if I recall correctly, they beat the Bears in 1988 too in the playoffs.
And 1989 sucked a bag of dicks too losing to the 9ers in the NFC championship game.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
You know you can stop watching right? You don’t have to watch them if they’re making you miserable
I have only not watched one Bears game in the last 23 years and that was the Mike Brown game game winner in OT. I did listen to the game on the radio. Miserable fan here. Given that, I will skip out on next Sunday's game. Not watching.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
I have only not watched one Bears game in the last 23 years and that was the Mike Brown game game winner in OT. I did listen to the game on the radio. Miserable fan here. Given that, I will skip out on next Sunday's game. Not watching.

You know you will be watching. It’s like a train wreck.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
The goldfish-like memories around here are astounding.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
Nah, the last Trestman year was by far the worst, because of all the blowout losses and embarrassment.