Is this about the most nightmarish season in your time as a fan?

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Yeah but that team wasn't supposed to compete for a Super Bowl, nor were they coming off a 12-4 year. That's the difference.

Coming off 8-8 with a heartbreaker Week 17 loss. There was a lot of expectations for that team. Maybe not Super Bowl but they were expected to be a playoff team. Trestman lost that locker room by October. We aren't really there yet though.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
It's up there for sure. I've never had much faith in Mitch but i thought he could at least be good enough to manage them to a SB. All hope died within week one when they scored 3 points. To see them week in and week out look like the worst offense in the world, you die a little bit inside every series.

This Mitch era as a whole is sickening when you know what the Bears missed out on.

Username

Liked Posts:
Well let's see, I remember when Lovie was hired and said he main priority was to beat the Packers and in his first game against them, he did. That was pretty cool. Too bad Lovie wasn't consistent at it, or he'd probably still be coaching here. So.. I've lived through seeing McMahon getting body slammed. The bears firing Lovie after a 10-8 season. The Bears hiring Emery.. Emery hiring Trestman, Trestman hiring Mel Tucker. I've lived through the Packers beating the Bears 55 to 17, and worse yet, the Packers beating the Bears for the NFC Championship at Soldier Field. No, this is not the worst of times.

If you had high hopes for this season, I feel sorry for you son. I figured with Mitch not playing well against good D's and Fangio leaving, and Pace once again letting go of proven vets for unproven rookies, and no reports of Mitch's growth from training camp, this team would be taking steps back to mediocrity. I thought they'd go 8-8. I thought the D was one injury away from going from elite to good. I didn't think they just give up. I didn't think Nagy's play calling would be so bad, and I though our T.E.'s would come back with a vengeance.
On the bright side, I'm getting more done on Sundays now. I'm sure I'll become even more productive because there is not one team left on the schedule that I'm confident the Bear's can beat without a major change. Not even the Panthers.

LV Racer

Liked Posts:
I actually think it is and I have been watching a long time. I remember the 1956 championship game was on my birthday and my parents insisted we go to a restaurant. I wanted to watch the Bears play for the championship but a eight-year-old kid gets no say so in these matters at least in those days. There was nobody in the restaurant everybody in Chicago was home watching the Bears but me. Anyway however yes there have been some really terrible teams but I don't recall ever one that we all thought was going to be great and turned out to suck as bad as this one.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
In a strange way, the fact that the Packers and Vikings are out of sight so early is almost a comfort to me.

The season is over, we ride Trubisky to the abattoir and then decide what the fuck to do in January.

What sucks about today is that we now have a huge ? at kicker again. And our coach is turning into an asshole.

Nine games is a long time to ride this out and not take more long term damage.

pboer323

Liked Posts:
it seams everyone is forgetting the horrible years of Dick Jauron. Only the 2001 year was a winning year with a loss to the Eagles in the playoffs and a coach of the year award for Jauron. Didn't get back to the playoffs until Lovie

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
I mean, it seems that way.

There's been worse seasons in terms of sheer ineptitude of the team, and success of division foes, but I think the disappointing results so far compared to the expectations, combined with the success of the Packers and Vikings, and very little hope for the future, this is about as nightmarish a scenario as you can get this season.

This is so fucking depressing.
How young are you be? Between this post and your blind Trubisky support, it shows how little exposure you have had. This is classic Bears.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Added in with the fact that a Green Bay Packers team that really isn't that good (#11 offense, #26 defense) is sitting at 7-1 due to some crazy breaks going their way

These are yards rankings, which are a poor way of determining the quality of a team, imo. The Packers are very good and their QB is back on form.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
As far as the most disappointing season with high expectations goes, 2007 wasn't that long ago.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
You know you can stop watching right? You don’t have to watch them if they’re making you miserable
Are you really a fan? If you were you would have not made this post.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
1986 was a heartbreaking season IMO.
The bears were just as good as in 85 and got beat by a Redskin team that went on to do big things That season was a letdown. And if I recall correctly, they beat the Bears in 1988 too in the playoffs.
And 1989 sucked a bag of dicks too losing to the 9ers in the NFC championship game.
better check your memory. :) NFC championship game in 1989? I must have slept through that year. 86 was a letdown but only because McMahon was knocked out with a cheap shot.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Most nightmarish? Not even close. Most disappointing? It's definitely up there.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
I WARNED ALL OF YOU ABOUT EDDY PENDEJO. IT TRULY PAINS ME TO SAY THIS, BUT, I WAS RIGHT YET AGAIN LOLOLOLOLOLOOOO

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
It’s not gonna get better. The Bears have no clue how to make a first round pick. They wouldn’t know a great QB if one fell out of the sky, sat on their face, and wiggled...

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm old enough that apathy sets in much quicker than it used to. So no, I'm ok right now. Just one more rebuild probably coming.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
I'm old enough that apathy sets in much quicker than it used to. So no, I'm ok right now. Just one more rebuild probably coming.
I can only laugh because it's true. Ted Phillips IS laughing all the way to the bank.