Is this the year to tank?

Monster O

Liked Posts:
Bears are obviously still rebuilding, but just imagine what a top pick next year would mean. I'm not a Cutler basher, but he might have 1 or 2 years left. We can get a shot at one of the top 3 qbs (Watson, Kaaya, Kelly) and other top talent available.

Pace has brought in some young, athletic talent and drafting at the top of next year's draft may accelerate the Bears chance at becoming elite for once.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Bears are obviously still rebuilding, but just imagine what a top pick next year would mean. I'm not a Cutler basher, but he might have 1 or 2 years left. We can get a shot at one of the top 3 qbs (Watson, Kaaya, Kelly) and other top talent available.

Pace has brought in some young, athletic talent and drafting at the top of next year's draft may accelerate the Bears chance at becoming elite for once.
There is always some fucking idiot that wants to tank to get the first pick. Like the veterans players and coaches want to jeopardize their future and pride to get the first shot at some at some 22 year old snot nose kid.

Can this moron get a perma ban?

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
There is always some fucking idiot that wants to tank to get the first pick. Like the veterans players and coaches want to jeopardize their future and pride to get the first shot at some at some 22 year old snot nose kid.

No. Not yet.

Monster O

Liked Posts:

You just made my argument? What veterans? Bears have 8 players over the age of 30. Cutler won't be here when this team is elite again.

No thank you to taking your favorite team (jets) path to mediocrity. No more signing older vets whose best years are behind them.

BTW, get out of your parents basement before you criticize another.

BringBackDitka54

Liked Posts:
No thank you to taking your favorite team (jets) path to mediocrity. No more signing older vets whose best years are behind them.

I would feel much more confident about this offense if we still had Marshall, Forte, Bennett, and Slauson; wouldn't you?

Monster O

Liked Posts:
No, I wouldn't. There arrows are all pointed down. Huge salaries, injury risks and not going to beat the Vikings or packers with forte, Marshall, cutler, Slauson,etc

BringBackDitka54

Liked Posts:
No, I wouldn't. There arrows are all pointed down. Huge salaries, injury risks and not going to beat the Vikings or packers with forte, Marshall, cutler, Slauson,etc

I disagree. Our defense is looking like it could be top ten in the league this year, but now our offense looks like shit. How did this turnaround happen so quickly? We got rid of all of our offensive weapons so that instead of just re-building on defense, we now have to re-build on offense as well.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

Are their noses still snotty at 22??

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I disagree. Our defense is looking like it could be top ten in the league this year, but now our offense looks like shit. How did this turnaround happen so quickly? We got rid of all of our offensive weapons so that instead of just re-building on defense, we now have to re-build on offense as well.

I don't think our offense is gonna look like shit but they definitely need to still work on some positions for sure. If Alshon and White stay healthy and play to their talents then we'll be beasts at WR especially with Royal, Mariani, Bellamy, Thompson and Braveramn or at least whichever of those that make the final 53. RB won't be great but i do think we have guys that can play well in the running and passing game. Z.Miller will be good at TE as long as he's healthy and our o-line will clearly not be great but i think we can get by with what we have as long as health is on our side. Next off season the main focus should be on the offense.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
I'd rather trade up than tank, but our team looks like it is on the way to another middle-of-the-pack year. We should be in line to get the third-best QB of the bunch staying put (which IMO is Kelly, who could definitely learn a lot by sitting his rookie year).

But you never, ever tank. Nobody wants to play for a team that ships it in early.

EDIT: As for Kelly, he would still be a gamble for this team. Fox/Pace have no issues with jettisoning players who are bad personality fits (See Marshall, Bennett) and this kid has a short fuse and a big ego. I only know of his issues at Clemson, but still that is not a good combination. He needs to impress all 32 teams leading up to the draft, because any negative buzz will spiral out of control.

I hope for his sake that he learns/learned that successful pro teams dont put up with any players who places themselves above the good of the team. There are plenty of examples around the league of players who arent given a chance with a good team because they have personality issues.

Wintermute

Liked Posts:
You-play-to-win-the-game-1.gif

Burrberry

Liked Posts:
EDIT: As for Kelly, he would still be a gamble for this team. Fox/Pace have no issues with jettisoning players who are bad personality fits (See Marshall, Bennett) and this kid has a short fuse and a big ego. I only know of his issues at Clemson, but still that is not a good combination. He needs to impress all 32 teams leading up to the draft, because any negative buzz will spiral out of control.

I hope for his sake that he learns/learned that successful pro teams dont put up with any players who places themselves above the good of the team. There are plenty of examples around the league of players who arent given a chance with a good team because they have personality issues.

You may as well save time and scratch him off your list right now.

All the successful QB's in the modern era of the NFL are all wired very similarly. Chad Kelly isn't one of those guys. You're either wired right or you're not. Non-QB's, sure there are great redemption stories. But QB is different.

Chad Kelly has had nothing but issues his entire life. He got into problems in high school and had to transfer from Pennsylvania back to New York. He didn't listen to his uncle Jim Kelly who tried to mentor him. He got kicked out of college after multiple instances of violating team rules. Right after signing with Ole Miss gets drunk, threatens bar staff, made threats or having an AK47 in his truck and gets arrested. He thinks he's a rapper and embraces that reputation. He comes off as a dumb ass in half the interviews I've watched. I think Chad Kelly's issues are permanent. Not that he'll be getting arrested in the NFL and be a complete disaster. But I think his wiring is just off. I've never seen a QB like Chad Kelly, in this era have success.

If you want him, we probably won't have to burn a draft pick(Or at least a very low one).

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
No, a couple years ago was.