Is Trey Burton really injured?

pinkfloydster

Liked Posts:
Exactly but making that comment about Burton having a stroke was a little bit in bad taste.

Okay, what diseases are acceptable to make obvious hypothetical statements about. It's okay to talk about joints and ligaments. It's also okay to talk about mental health even in a mean spirited. Cancer s a no go. How about alcoholism, when people speculate that an actor has been hitting the sauce, is that fair game?

It all seems kind of arbitrary. No:?

pinkfloydster

Liked Posts:
Is someone really going to have a surgery if they aren't injured? I know they said it isn't related to the surgery ... but the groin region and a hernia are essentially the same thing. I get it that the 'injury' is not still FROM the surgery directly but it seems clear to me the guy is having a problem.

Short answer, yes. People get medical procedures and take pills that aren't treating the underlying problem all the time.

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
Okay, what diseases are acceptable to make obvious hypothetical statements about. It's okay to talk about joints and ligaments. It's also okay to talk about mental health even in a mean spirited. Cancer s a no go. How about alcoholism, when people speculate that an actor has been hitting the sauce, is that fair game?

It all seems kind of arbitrary. No:?
Mean spirited? Injuries are football related and do not specifically present themselves in important situations. This guy has a non football related condition that specifically flares in important situations - like playoff games. It’s not mean to say that person should not be on a playoff team. What’s the argument to keep him? Rainbows and butterflies?

Tostada

Liked Posts:
Good post, and reading it I had the thought that there may be some logic and a plan behind this whole thing, if Nagy/Pace are working with him on it.

Take the truth let out at face value, but also understand there is value in resting Burton to make sure he makes it through the season and is there at the end. Given what happened last year a fair minded plan might hold him back a bit early to extend the length of his season for more valuable minutes later with elimination implications.

If that is the case it allows the team to properly assess Shaheens potential as a starting TE. The guys groin is an issue...it tightens up as you say when he isn't right mind, body, and spirit.

The Bears want him to get right and want him right come play-offs, so I could see why they are happy to work with him for now. It kinda plays into everyones hands but with Shaheen failing...patience is soon to wear thin.
No, if he is held out of games of less significance due to anxiety, how is coddling him for important games strengthening his resolve? He will fold even quicker in a high stake game.

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
No, if he is held out of games of less significance due to anxiety, how is coddling him for important games strengthening his resolve? He will fold even quicker in a high stake game.
In the playoffs last year, at least based on the reports we read, a major part of the offensive game plan was built around him. Then you get random injury report and then those quotes come out. That’s a big liability to this team.

pinkfloydster

Liked Posts:
Mean spirited? Injuries are football related and do not specifically present themselves in important situations. This guy has a non football related condition that specifically flares in important situations - like playoff games. It’s not mean to say that person should not be on a playoff team. What’s the argument to keep him? Rainbows and butterflies?

The Bears should make decisions regarding Burton like any other medical condition. Don’t know why u r bringing rainbows and butterflies into it.

pinkfloydster

Liked Posts:
In the playoffs last year, at least based on the reports we read, a major part of the offensive game plan was built around him. Then you get random injury report and then those quotes come out. That’s a big liability to this team.

I agree. If Burtons struggles are such that it is not predictable , you simply cannot game plan with him. That drastically reduces his value to the team.

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
I agree. If Burtons struggles are such that it is not predictable , you simply cannot game plan with him. That drastically reduces his value to the team.
Agreed. It's not down-playing anxiety or depression or making fun of it (although we sometimes do, on a message board - probably does not reflect people's real opinion of these conditions). It's just if you have a number 1 TE who's supposed to be a major part of the offense that totally influences your gameplan week to week and then the big time situations affect him - that's too much on a professional sports team. We'll see what happens the rest of the year.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He's hamstrung.

Prison_Mike

Liked Posts:
Burton is a crutch for Trubisky. When he's out, Bisky has no idea who to throw to.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
seems the injury is higher on the body, like between the ears. They overpaid for a backup tight end because they had no tight ends, still have no tight ends. Waiting for this guaranteed money to go away.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
We don’t really know if his hernia was football related or his groin now. It’d make sense to believe they are though. I doubt his hernia flared up because of a playoff game. Medically that doesn’t make a lot of sense.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Or even Vernon Davis himself.

If Washington falls to 1-6 or so, (they are playing better than expected with Keenum) but if they did, Davis/Reed should be considered with Boyle/Brate as trade targets.

Obviously Reed/Davis are short term answers, but get them off a bad team and use what they have left to give for a playoff run. I think all parties would be into it cheaply.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Is Dez handicapped?

SPAM-fries.jpg

Last edited: