Is Trubisky Done In Chicago?

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I'd say so. It's rare that a passionate blue collar fan base gets burnt by a player and keeps wanting to give them chances.

I wouldn't say 'never', but even if he does turn it around his detractors will quietly wait for him to fail.

that same town proudly celebrated the lovable loser fandom....just saying

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
As long as Pace is the GM, we've not seen the last of Mitch.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
As long as Pace is the GM, we've not seen the last of Mitch.

McAfee brings up a good point.

The most impressive thing that Pace could do is pull the plug on Mitch and move on. To me that would show that he is existing in reality and trying to win games.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
McAfee brings up a good point.

The most impressive thing that Pace could do is pull the plug on Mitch and move on. To me that would show that he is existing in reality and trying to win games.

yeah but on flip side still need a plan to move forward. Are they ready to gut the team to over pay a mediocre free agent? Are they comfortable with second round caliber qb to start next year?

the team was built for Mitch to be the starter for at least through 2021. Lots of tough moves need to be done. Last time he made a qb free agent move he gave glennon 18 mil

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
It was a shitty move bc either Trubisky is a pussy which I don’t believe or Nagy has wanted to do this for a while and on the national stage made his point. Pace’s ego won’t tolerate it though and who know what will happen. Also, with 3:30 left, it made zero sense!

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
Watching chase Daniel for the rest of the season is not going to help anyone. It would make more sense to let the third stringer play to a least see if he’s worthy of the back up spot next year.

TishLover

Liked Posts:
Trubisky was pro-bowl last year
Nagy was coach of the year last year

I don't know what is the right decision, getting rid of them or not but because of pro-bowl and coach of the year, I think they will at least get one more chance (one more year)

Reactions: Myk

One Team

Liked Posts:
Nagy is done. Imagine entrusting this team & the next QB to this man.

He’s mentally crippled the players he has. Don’t throw more resources at this fraud.
I agree Nagy has to be done with this team. He reminds me of the "Realty King" character in American Beauty...constantly spewing empowerment messages and fulfillment cliche's...but ultimately he is an insecure fraud desperate to belong...and he is certainly giving Bears' fans the 'Royal Treatment'.

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
Did you see him on the sidelines the last game? His psyche is fractured. He's done

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
He will start again this year and be on the roster next season

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
The thing I don't like about going with the QB competition next year, is there's usually too much team politics that figures into these things. I'd also like to see what kind of competition are you really bringing. Are we talking the likes of Mariotta, Tannehill, McCarron or reaching for a rookie QB in the draft? Or are we talking the likes of Newton or Bridgewater?

You gain nothing by cutting Trubisky and there's the dead cap. I don't believe you can get anything of worth for him in trade but that's an option to just unload him for a late round draft pick.

Assuming the more likely scenario that he'll still be with the Bears is true, I think rather than a QB competition you want to just hold on to him that final year as a backup and bring a QB you have the full intent of making your starter. I'm not a fan of Newton and looking at the fall of Allen since they shut down Cam, that trade doesn't seem as likely as it once did. Would be very intriguing if Bears could bring in Bridgewater though. You wouldn't do that to have him compete. He'd be your starter.

QB competitions usually mean you don’t have a good QB. It’s just a battle between two shit players.

ChiGuy

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I agree Nagy has to be done with this team. He reminds me of the "Realty King" character in American Beauty...constantly spewing empowerment messages and fulfillment cliche's...but ultimately he is an insecure fraud desperate to belong...and he is certainly giving Bears' fans the 'Royal Treatment'.
Yes! He’s a talker, a spoofer.

These players don’t buy his BS. They don’t respect him. They’re just going through motions now. Playing soft because he is soft.

quicksand30

Liked Posts:
I think he's done at the end of the season, unless it gets so dreadful that you have to put Chase in. The best case scenario for Mitch is that he puts enough good things on film that it garners him a backup job. The miracle scenario is that he suddenly plays like a top draft pick, but we've seen this movie too many times as Bears fans to know it's not likely.

CAP BOSO

Liked Posts:
He should be, but I'm not sure he's done. I have a feeling they might let him have another year and bring in a vet for competition.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Unless someone offers a #2 pick or better Mitch is here for his contract. There are no picks to replace him with and contrary to what Bears fans think is the way to greatness you probably don't find it with known garbage hoping it turns around, which is also the reason nobody is giving high picks for Mitch.
Mitch may be done in Chicago but he won't be gone.

I think it's possible he could lose the starting position before his contract is done if we get a better cast off QB, but odds are that cast off won't be any better.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
I thought Trubisky was done in Chicago that first game the Soldier Field crowd started booing him. Forget which game it was this season.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Competition is always good. We need the best at each position. Especially at Qb. Nobody should feel 100% secure. The Qb position should be one where we have the best talent starting.....BUT more importantly performing at a winning level.