Is Wide Receiver the Bears No. 1 Weakness?

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I watch the games and win or lose have a good time.

napo55

Liked Posts:
In terms of position needs you look here...

1 Center- There were some people debating if you should put Whitehair back there or Daniels, and I think they forgot the issues both have at center. Whithair can snap the ball in shotgun and Daniels isn't a vocal leader. You give Borom and Jenkins the chance to be the starters next year and maybe, maybe resign Peters or another vet like him who can swing start if need be.

2 Corner... By all means, this needs to be addressed I haven't seen enough from Johnson or anyone else that this doesn't need a starter from somewhere drafted or otherwise. Vidor still has a half a season to turn it around, but I don't think he will do enough to not put his or Shelly's spot up for debate...

3 Rush end- You have Mack, Quinn having a better second season... but with Hicks injury concerns and lack of a pass rush from anywhere else, got to find help for that.

4 MLB: A second one obviously should you still run the 3-4 next season. I don't think what we have is bad, I just think next year looks worse.

5 RB: In this league Backs are a dime a dozen, I get that, but the odds of paying Montey top dollar is slim. I don't know what he is expecting, but he hasn't done enough for me to pay him top dollar. Herbert honestly hurts his chances at a second contract... good for cap means you can spend it elsewhere, but it also means another hole to fill.

6 Safety: BOth starters are replaceable at this point in terms of being on the field. Why are they so low on the list... I feel you get pass rusher and Corner fixed, they will actually look better than they do know, Jackson more so. Not having the great players around him like he did in 18, shows just how limited he is as a player.

7 WR: ...

IMO
This is the kind of thinking that results in the Bears being dead last (BY A HUGE MARGIN) in receiving yards. Believe it or not. actually having good receivers is a crucial part of the offense. And not having them puts your QB at an immediate disadvantage.

Bust

Liked Posts:
The great Packer WR, Davante Adams, 6 catches for 42 yards with Jordan Love throwing him the ball against the garbage Chiefs defense even. . . oooops!

Just goes to show how important the QB position is.

CAN FIELDS END THE OHIO STATE QB CURSE AND BECOME A <THE GUY> PLAYA????

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
The great Packer WR, Davante Adams, 6 catches for 42 yards with Jordan Love throwing him the ball against the garbage Chiefs defense even. . . oooops!

That's why WR isn't nearly as big of need, give them secondary help & a TE that is real threat in the passing game

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
This is the kind of thinking that results in the Bears being dead last (BY A HUGE MARGIN) in receiving yards. Believe it or not. actually having good receivers is a crucial part of the offense. And not having them puts your QB at an immediate disadvantage.
I don't want to speak for Vinson555 but it seemed like their post was more reflecting the needs of the current team rather than positional importance as a whole.

napo55

Liked Posts:

Of course Fields had two probable first round draft choice receivers at Ohio State who were essential to his success. Hopefully they will give him some targets here.

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
Anyone posting defense can GTFO of here with that nonsense

Coaching , Receiver and Oline are all 1a, 1b, and 1c

You have to find a way to come up with all three this offseason which is why

You trade ROQUAN SMITH

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
If you get coaching correct...you take care of 1b/1c too

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Coach is the #1 weakness.

Hard to tell about WRs until that's fixed. Seriously, it's all moot til then.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Nagy, OT, WR in that order.

mecha

Liked Posts:
the receivers they have are capable. there's such a systemic breakdown that you're not going to see enough to even be able to evaluate the big picture. I say they're capable, it doesn't necessarily mean they're doing their part in executing. it's almost like the offense, not the defense, is what's given up already. Graham doesn't seem to get many reps at catching but is apparently (surprisingly) blocking well and Kmet looks to be not great. the other next 3 guys in line at TE cost a lot less and are able to do more things. receiver is the one blemish outside offensive line that sticks out... which OL might get better over time when people can play again. it's a whole fiasco.

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Oline and Secodary

napo55

Liked Posts:
With Robinson out (and possibly gone next year) and Moody questionable, who is there for Fields to throw to? Care to rethink your answers?
Drafting a talented first round QB and providing him with the worst group of receivers in the league is a recipe for failure. We can't even meet our annual goal : mediocrity.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
I'm sticking to my answer, If Fields is elite, he'll need time to throw the ball. And the TE's have been more important to Fields recent success in the passing game