Is winning the remainder of this season really all that important?

mecha

Liked Posts:
who gets sensitive over downvotes on a sports forum full of strangers? hahahhaha. You are pure gold!
please keep being the dorkchop that thinks any of this is actually serious.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Does it matter if winning is important. The fact is it's not happening. Hopefully winning is important next year ???

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Winning culture is important just look at the lions. Hung out with a few players last week and it definitely takes a toll on them. With that said this is just year one. Got to be a special shit org to lose the team after one season

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Caring about winning during a full rebuild is the most boomer thing you can do. Winning is cool during a season like this, but getting higher draft picks is cooler.

It's really a lose win situation. ?

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes winning is still important for this young team. Plus they need to develop situational awareness in real games that will carry over into next year. And I've always felt finishing a losing season strong builds confidence for the following year.
Yes idiot. 2018 did wonders for Mitch. Go fuck of into the sun.

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
For fans, not at all.

For the players, I think it would be good to see some success.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
If the Bears are 4-12 heading into the season finale and the Bears are sitting alone at the number 3 spot with 3 teams at 5-11 with their SOS a win could drop them to 6. The 3 gets you multiple 1sts and 2-3 more day 2 picks, the 6 gets you a really good player or maybe an extra pick or 2.

What would you really want to happen?

thedarkstark

Liked Posts:
Yes winning is still important for this young team. Plus they need to develop situational awareness in real games that will carry over into next year. And I've always felt finishing a losing season strong builds confidence for the following year.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
If the Bears are 4-12 heading into the season finale and the Bears are sitting alone at the number 3 spot with 3 teams at 5-11 with their SOS a win could drop them to 6. The 3 gets you multiple 1sts and 2-3 more day 2 picks, the 6 gets you a really good player or maybe an extra pick or 2.

The players and coaches are going to play to win. So what does it matter?

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
The players and coaches are going to play to win. So what does it matter?
No shit Sherlock, never said otherwise. Asking what as a fan you would want in that last game, I wasn't addressing the players when I asked what "you would want." Do I need to type in crayon for you to understand?

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
No shit Sherlock, never said otherwise. Asking what as a fan you would want in that last game, I wasn't addressing the players when I asked what "you would want." Do I need to type in crayon for you to understand?
It. Doesn't. Matter. What. We. Want.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
It. Doesn't. Matter. What. We. Want.
I think I understand why you are so insufferable. I am guessing "It. Doesn't. Matter. What. We. Want.," is a mantra beaten into your soft skull by your parents as a child.

Mommy, I want my own pair of underwear.
Black Rainbow, It. Doesn't. Matter. What. We. Want. put on your brothers used pair, yellow in front and brown in back, and come rub my eczema cream on my neck folds.

mecha

Liked Posts:
I think I understand why you are so insufferable. I am guessing "It. Doesn't. Matter. What. We. Want.," is a mantra beaten into your soft skull by your parents as a child.

Mommy, I want my own pair of underwear.
Black Rainbow, It. Doesn't. Matter. What. We. Want. put on your brothers used pair, yellow in front and brown in back, and come rub my eczema cream on my neck folds.
ruined

also @Black Rainbow it's football, you shouldn't 'feel' so fucking much.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Even if you are just going off of the trade value chart, dropping from #3 to #6 is the cumulative equivalent to losing a 1st round pick.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Even if you are just going off of the trade value chart, dropping from #3 to #6 is the cumulative equivalent to losing a 1st round pick.
Add in the premium paid for a QB when available at #3 and the round decreased value given for a next years pick, a single late season win could cost the Bears a 2024 draft 1st, 2nd and more. What idiot would trade 2+ first and second day draft picks to go 5-12 instead of 4-13?

jive

Liked Posts:
The problem with comparing overall QB rating to their rating when they are trying to stage a late game comeback is that the play selection when running a 2 minute offense is limited compared to an entire game. I would expect that even the best QBs would have a harder time when most of the run game is eliminated and the D knows that they have to pass.

So even if clutch means that you only win 1-2 more games a season, I'll take it. Those games can be the difference between watching the Bears in the playoffs or some other team.