IST: Cardinals at Cubs

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Was thinking some more and i think cubs going after German Marquez makes a lot of sense. People are going to want Scherzer for obvious reasons but I think Marquez makes way more sense. He's only making $11.3 mil this year with 2 years of control after at $15.3 mil and a $16 mil team option or $2.5 mil buyout.

He's not going to blow you away talent wise but he's got a career 3.67 ERA/3.86 FIP away from coors. Ideally I think he's more of a #3 but as a #2 behind Hendricks for the cubs he'd really help I feel. And I don't think he's going to cost an arm and a leg given A) colorado sucks and isn't really that keen to keep him seemingly and B) he's currently got a 4.60/3.53 ERA/FIP. I also thinking looking forward to next year having Alzolay, Hendricks and Marquez would be a strong group to start with. Maybe you bring back davies and then hunt for a true #1 to give Braylin Marquez more time to grow into a MLB starter.

German vs Mathew? I would rather have a 2nd lefty to be honest.

Marquez Alozay Hendricks Boyd Davies.

It has potential.

German works also due to velocity.

I would rather get Boyd. 30 right now and having him for a few years while the system gets deeper with pitching is not a bad thing. Plus he is a guy that has been stuck on a loser for years. You never know how he responds on a team worth a crap.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
The worst type of fan is someone who is a:

Cardinals, Packers, Blackhawks, Bulls fan.
There is no way that combination exists.

Mine would go: packers, cardinals, Iowa state, bandwagon lebron fan. The absolute worst

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
There is no way that combination exists.

Mine would go: packers, cardinals, Iowa state, bandwagon lebron fan. The absolute worst

2BF96097-937C-4289-A715-80E8245FF247.jpeg