Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Chicago Cubs (4-5) @ Milwaukee Brewers (5-4)

chc.png

AT
mil.png

Pitching Matchups

Game 1 — Monday, April 12 (6:40 p.m.)

Adbert Alzolay (0-1, 6.00 ERA, 5K, 2 BB) vs. Freddy Peralta (1-0, 0.00 ERA, 15K, 8BB)

Game 2 — Tuesday, April 13 (6:40 p.m.)

Kyle Hendricks (0-1, 3.00 ERA, 10K, 3BB vs. Brandon Woodruff (0-0, 2.45 ERA, 13K, 2BB)

Game 3 — Wednesday, April 14 (12:40 p.m.)

Jake Arrieta (2-0, 2.25 ERA, 9K, 4BB) vs. Corbin Burnes (0-1, 0.73 ERA, 20K, 0BB)

miller-park-shutterstock_52429756-1-1068x601.jpg

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Over/Under 9 runs total this series for the Cubs...

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Cubs Place 3 Relievers On COVID IL, Select Pedro Strop
By Connor Byrne | April 12, 2021 at 5:34pm CDT

The Cubs have placed three members of their bullpen – right-handers Jason Adam, Brandon Workman and Dan Winkler – on the COVID-19 injured list, Robert Murray of FanSided was among those to report. The move came “out of abundance of caution” after bullpen coach Chris Young tested positive for COVID-19. To take the pitchers’ places, the Cubs recalled fellow hurlers Brad Wieck and Justin Steele, and they selected Pedro Strop’s contract, per Jesse Rogers of ESPN.com.
It’s unclear how much time Adam, Workman and Winkler will miss, but all three are quarantining away from the club, Bob Nightengale of USA Today tweets. The Cubs have received a combined 11 1/3 innings from Adam, Workman and Winkler this season. Adam has been the most successful of the three, having given up one earned run and struck out seven hitters in 3 2/3 innings. Workman has surrendered three runs (two earned) over 3 2/3 frames, but he has totaled five strikeouts. Winkler has yielded one ER on two hits and struck out five across four innings, though he has succeeded despite walking a batter per nine.
The Cubs signed Strop to a minor league contract in the offseason, and the righty is now in line for his second MLB stint with the organization. Now 35 years old, Strop was highly effective for most of his prior Cubs tenure, which ran from 2013-19. He surpassed the 60-frame mark in three of those seasons and combined for 373 innings of 2.90 ERA ball. Strop temporarily left the Cubs to join the division-rival Reds in free agency entering the 2020 campaign, but he threw a mere 2 1/3 innings before Cincinnati designated him for assignment.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
KB has had a good start to the season. So there's that.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Lol just like that 3-run double.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Ross pull Adbert too early?

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Adbert only at 68 pitches and he pulled him. Chaufin comes in and gives up a double, wild pitch and a triple.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Great call David!

PickSix

Liked Posts:
Truly awful pitching. An even worse home run or bust offense. This team is a full on mess shit show.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Adbert is young. I'd rather give him a shot at getting out of that jam.

wonky73

Las Vegas Sorts News
Liked Posts:
I'm gonna bet every game the over on the number of strikeouts for cubs batters. Just keep swinging for the fences

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Already seeing the "blame the manager" bullshit....yeah, let's blame Ross for a cheapass and undecided front office who supplied him with players who are clueless about the strike zone and can't even make consistant contact. This team is going nowhere. Theo jumped ship at just the right time. Bunch of unfitting baseball pieces slapped together.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Blow it up. It pains me to say, even trade rizzo. It’s time to start over
If you are going to blow it up I actually wouldn't trade Rizzo unless you got a very good trade offer. If you are going full on rebuild I personally would bring in as many good defenders as I could get and then buy middling starters in FA. Then you use the good defense to inflate their performance and sell them the following july for prospects. Keep in mind that's essentially the strategy that netted them Hendricks and Arrieta.

Additionally, the cubs farm system isn't *that* far away with their better prospects. Having a vet like Rizzo around assuming they re-sign him would be helpful rather than a case where you have 26 or so 24 year olds with no leadership.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Already seeing the "blame the manager" bullshit....yeah, let's blame Ross for a cheapass and undecided front office who supplied him with players who are clueless about the strike zone and can't even make consistant contact. This team is going nowhere. Theo jumped ship at just the right time. Bunch of unfitting baseball pieces slapped together.
Don't think you can blame the front office unless you mean ownership. It's fairly clear that it's not Jed's choice to keep a low budget. Dude is just working in the constraints of his job.