IST: Cubs at Brewers

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Who was it that was complaining the Cubs are purposely losing cause they didnt break camp with Shelby Miller. LOL

Bust

Liked Posts:
We Stinks

Look at the name brands. On paper that's 6 solid players in the lineup one would think would oppose fear into other teams pitchers and be able to stack runs.

Baez
Rizzo
Bryant
Heyward <based off his pay grade yes he needs to be listed among the elite on this roster>
Contreras
Joc Pederson <he hit 36 homers in 2019>

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
Look at the name brands. On paper that's 6 solid players in the lineup one would think would oppose fear into other teams pitchers and be able to stack runs.

Baez
Rizzo
Bryant
Heyward <based off his pay grade yes he needs to be listed among the elite on this roster>
Contreras
Joc Pederson <he hit 36 homers in 2019>

It’s crazy how all these guys regressed at the same time. Bryant is really the only one that I’d extend. The pitching is awful too. And the worst thing is Happ’s 2020 looks like an outlier.

Bust

Liked Posts:
It’s crazy how all these guys regressed at the same time. Bryant is really the only one that I’d extend. The pitching is awful too. And the worst thing is Happ’s 2020 looks like an outlier.

We knew going in the pitching was not going to be the strength of the team. The lineup on paper was the strength and needed to carry the team. To be this impotent is sad with all the name brands. Lot of these guys are on contract years too. In many cases guys get extra motivation knowing they about to get paid have career seasons in their contract years, ugh.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
04/14/21Chicago Cubs optioned P Adbert Alzolay to Cubs Alternate Training Site.
04/14/21Chicago Cubs activated C Austin Romine from the 10 day injured list.
04/14/21Chicago Cubs designated C Tony Wolters for assignment.
04/14/21Chicago Cubs selected the contract of P Shelby Miller from Cubs Alternate Training Site.
04/14/21Chicago Cubs activated P Jason Adam from the 10 day injured list.

Bronek

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Georgia Bulldogs
"Lot of these guys are on contract years too. In many cases guys get extra motivation knowing they about to get paid have career seasons in their contract years, ugh."

Contract year or not, you got to be able to hit the ball. Our guys have proved over the years that they cannot hit better than average pitching, and it's not going to change. If you can't do it.. You just can't. The motivation here does not apply.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
So they move Alozay down and bring Miller up.

They have Monday off. So I could see this as Mills to the rotation and Alozay on a innings limit right now.

Bearcub13

Liked Posts:
Don't think you can blame the front office unless you mean ownership. It's fairly clear that it's not Jed's choice to keep a low budget. Dude is just working in the constraints of his job.
55 year fan here, just jumpin' in 'cuz the moment seemed right. I believe you are right about the budget, but when we as loyal fans (and seriously who has been more loyal than us???)were just flat out lied to about about the Darvish trade. It just showed what the ownership and management think of us peons who fill the stands, buy all of the products that are advertised, and buy all of the Cubs stuff. Oh yea and make the team worth over 3 billion dollars. He has constraints, but if you lie to us you lose us. I know they are workin' hard to lose me.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
55 year fan here, just jumpin' in 'cuz the moment seemed right. I believe you are right about the budget, but when we as loyal fans (and seriously who has been more loyal than us???)were just flat out lied to about about the Darvish trade. It just showed what the ownership and management think of us peons who fill the stands, buy all of the products that are advertised, and buy all of the Cubs stuff. Oh yea and make the team worth over 3 billion dollars. He has constraints, but if you lie to us you lose us. I know they are workin' hard to lose me.

They raised beer prices , too.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Pathetic showing today.

PickSix

Liked Posts:
It’s hard to even find hope in the future at this point.
Who on this roster is young and worth being part of a nucleus to build around. I can’t come up with anyone.
What are the odds of a complete roster overhaul in 3-4 years to get to a point of having a group ready to start contending again? Seems pretty low to me.
There is absolutely nothing on this current roster and the farm system is in pretty sad shape compared to most others. What’s in the pipeline? A C, SS and a P or two? Not much.
Some dark days ahead. Even if/when they get to the point of having most of the bad money cleared off the books, really hard to build a contending roster built with mostly free agents.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
They raised beer prices , too.

and then they put a product on the field that induces more drinking than normal. Conspiracy!!!!! Qld Style!!!!!

Bust

Liked Posts:
Cubs have been outscored 30-8 in last 5 games. Jed Hoyer is a realist, he knows what's up. Time for a restart! In the meantime the White Sox side of this board need some lovin. Let's go bandwagon there boys!

And not even team president Jed Hoyer tries to hide behind the small-sample-size argument.

“You have to look at that appropriately,” he said when asked about keeping perspective during the low-octane start 12 games into a 162-game season. “You can’t go crazy. I always try to look at it like if a guy’s got a 1.500 OPS right now or 1.300 OPS, you have to take that with a grain of salt, and then you have to take the .500 OPS with a grain of salt as well. It’s a long season.

“But we saw our team struggle at the end of last year offensively, and we’ve seen some struggles going back a few years,” he added. “So you can’t just wipe everything away as a small sample. Trying to balance that is really important.”

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Cubs have been outscored 30-8 in last 5 games. Jed Hoyer is a realist, he knows what's up. Time for a restart! In the meantime the White Sox side of this board need some lovin. Let's go bandwagon there boys!

And not even team president Jed Hoyer tries to hide behind the small-sample-size argument.

“You have to look at that appropriately,” he said when asked about keeping perspective during the low-octane start 12 games into a 162-game season. “You can’t go crazy. I always try to look at it like if a guy’s got a 1.500 OPS right now or 1.300 OPS, you have to take that with a grain of salt, and then you have to take the .500 OPS with a grain of salt as well. It’s a long season.

“But we saw our team struggle at the end of last year offensively, and we’ve seen some struggles going back a few years,” he added. “So you can’t just wipe everything away as a small sample. Trying to balance that is really important.”

If I switch it will be with SD. I live here and they have Yu and Caratini. Pad's are saying that his game calling led to their first ever no hitter.

Caratini was completely undervalued.