Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Fucking pathetic.

The most boring first place team in baseball history. I can't handle more than an inning or two of watching them take center cut fastballs and then swing at pitches that either bounce in or are 6 inches outside. They learned to hit at the Stevie Wonder School of Hitting.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Only thing that can save this team is a WC matchup with the Marlins. Oof

CSF77

Liked Posts:
What happens when you build a team off of the same prototype player.

They lack diversity. The quick bunt that Javy did a few days back is really what can change a game like that. There is no reason why that they were limited to 1 run against a scrub team like this.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
What I find frustrating is Javy blamed being blocked from watching their swings mid game and being able to adjust. You know there is over 100 years of game play with out that and they did fine.

That is really sad

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Both home runs looked like pop ups off the bat. What is going on.

CubsFaninMN

Liked Posts:
At this point, I wouldn't be at all surprised if this overpaid bunch of morons doesn't manage to score another freaking run until 2021. Maybe. I don't know why they are making every single freaking pitcher they face, including the ones my dead mother could get a hit off of, look like freaking Cy Young.

I'm done. To holy fucking hell with this team. I hereby renounce my status as a Cubs fan, at least until every player, coach -- hell, even the secretaries and the guy who sucks off Ricketts in the afternoons -- currently serving the team is either dead or working elsewhere.

Good-bye!

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That series was PATHETIC.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Holy f*cksticks Batman.

wonky73

Las Vegas Sorts News
Liked Posts:
This team will get slaughtered in the playoffs

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
As painful and awful as this team is to watch, for me it will never be as bad as the Soriano/Marmol era.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
STL up on MIL

CSF77

Liked Posts:
As painful and awful as this team is to watch, for me it will never be as bad as the Soriano/Marmol era.

I can remember some teams from 2009-2014 that I watched the draft and the minors because the teams were unwatchable.

To be fair here this team is going to get knocked out then we are going to see a semi turn over. I don't see a complete overhaul at all but I do expect Bryant traded. I expect Chatwood and Q let go. I don't see either offered Arb. Both might take it and I question the wisdom of making the offer. Lester should be bought out and offered a 5 mil 1 year.

As far as the regulars go Baez and Contreras should be locked up. Rizzo should get a offer as well. Happ will be under control still. Schwarber IDK to be honest. If they go full time DH next year then yes. If not I would trade him. Michael Brantley (34) would make a interesting lead off option and they need a true lead off going forward.

Regardless Theo made a interesting choice today. He put Marquez on the taxi for the play offs. Which means he can start any series. It doesn't mean that he will. But the fact that they added means they might. There would be no reason to put him on if they were not considering it.

Now this could play into next year pretty significantly. Any exposure this year opens the door for a opening day gig. Especially if they plan to use 2021 as a transition year then getting Marquez involved in live action in a play off environment will pay off in lower pressure regular season games.

On todays game. Mills got a no hitter. It just proves that even a back of the rotation can have a game of his life. But that game doesn't define the quality of the pitcher.

1 hit wonder man. I would really push Alzolay at this point. At least he has dominate stuff.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
It feels like the Tribune Company owns the team again.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
This team will get slaughtered in the playoffs
I honestly thought this team was going to be trash this year. They got my hopes up early and then they've fallen apart per usual at seasons end. I wouldn't be surprised if they get swept first round. I assume they get a series, not really sure what the formatting is for this years playoffs