IST: Cubs at Pirates

CSF77

Liked Posts:
The playoff teams in each league will be …

• Three division winners
  • Three division runners-up
  • Two wild-card teams (remaining two teams with the best records)
The way that I would do it is go with seeds like basketball does. Round 1 would be seed 1 vs 8.

wonky73

Las Vegas Sorts News
Liked Posts:
I really would rather baseball adopt a schedule like this in the next contract.

Reduce the regular season games and expand the play offs. The regular season is a bit of a drag and the ratings go up in the play offs.
I've been in favor of less regular season games for years bu $ rules all

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I've been in favor of less regular season games for years bu $ rules all

Play offs mean more revenues to TV deals.

I would never do it the way that they are doing. If the runner up gets 80 wins and a 82 win team gets left out it is crap.

There would be a wild card round. Then a divisional round then a championship round. I would keep those at best of 5 and run for 1 week each.

That way they can run the series for 1+ weeks.

I believe that they should avoid Nov baseball in general. After that I would reset the regular season back to 148. Avg 6 games per week places the season at 24 weeks and 4 days. Add in a 3 day ASG break makes a 25 week regular season.

With that they can add those dates to the play offs.

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
The most boring first place team in baseball history. I can't handle more than an inning or two of watching them take center cut fastballs and then swing at pitches that either bounce in or are 6 inches outside. They learned to hit at the Stevie Wonder School of Hitting.

Well said ha. I read someone say the other day they have never been less excited about the cubs making the playoffs and I couldn't agree more. But let's hope the season ends on a high note at least. Of course they scored 10 yesterdays so that probably means 1 run tonight ha.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Well, you guys seem to actually know his intentions. Just saying if it were me and I’ve made more money than my offspring could ever spend and faced with:
1) Hang it up and walk away with $10M next year.
2) Strap it up and go through the rigors of another year and make a total of $15M with a team that isn’t a serious contender.
3) Go play for a legit contender and bring home $20+ M ($10 from Cubs and $10+ from new team as a bottom of rotation guy).
I’d probably go option 3,1,2. It’s not like the HOF is in reach. The only reason to strap it up at this point is to chase a title or make boat loads more money. An extra $5M is anything but boat loads with what he has accumulated.
He is extremely competitive. You have to keep in mind, these guys have been competing for many years and many almost need to be taken from the game at gunpoint if they feel they still have something left.

Thinking Lester will just happy hang up his glove this offseason is not something I can see.

I don’t claim to KNOW what he is going to do, contrary to the smart alec comment. I was saying what I believe he will want to do. He tweeted in just the last week that there’s nowhere he’d rather be next year.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He is extremely competitive. You have to keep in mind, these guys have been competing for many years and many almost need to be taken from the game at gunpoint if they feel they still have something left.

Thinking Lester will just happy hang up his glove this offseason is not something I can see.

I don’t claim to KNOW what he is going to do, contrary to the smart alec comment. I was saying what I believe he will want to do. He tweeted in just the last week that there’s nowhere he’d rather be next year.

The way I look at it is that if it was me and someone was willing to keep paying me millions to throw a baseball and live in an area my family and I enjoy.....I think I'd want to stretch that out as long as I could. Don't believe I'd give a flying fuck what the fans or the "experts" think.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I pretty much agree with the vibe. Jon would take a 5 mil deal to hang it up as a Cub. He has been proving that he is a decent #5 starter right now.