Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels

Chicago Cubs (10-3) at St. Louis Cardinals (2-3)

chc.png

VS
stl.png

Pitching Matchups

Game 1 — Friday, August 7 (7:15 p.m.)

Jon Lester (1-0, 0.82 ERA, 5K, 2BB) vs. Daniel Ponce de Leon (0-1, 6.75 ERA, 8K, 3 BB)

Game 2 — Saturday, August 8 (7:15 p.m.)

Alec Mills (2-0, 1.38 ERA, 7K, 5BB) vs. Adam Wainwright (1-0, 1.50 ERA, 5K, 1BB)

Game 3 — Sunday, August 9 (7:05 p.m.) in Kansas City

Kyle Hendricks (2-1, 3.54 ERA, 15K, 2BB) vs. TBD

12670635_10154598619781840_5959485978283406086_n.jpg

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
saw there was a new cardinal positive test so tonite might be postponed, nothing official though.

wonky73

Las Vegas Sorts News
Liked Posts:
Good job Cardinals. So that's why the Brewers were on my tv

85Bears

Formerly known as 85Bears
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fucking Cardinals... Now what am I supposed to do this weekend...

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Takes the term Dirty Bird to a new low.

Need to keep a better leash on their employees

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Piss on the teams for not following protocols, but in turn, do not quarantine teams around positive players for the full 14 days. They need to come up with some kind of forfeit strategy if one more team gets in this boat.

85Bears

Formerly known as 85Bears
Donator
Liked Posts:
They need to come up with some kind of forfeit strategy if one more team gets in this boat.
Agreed.

If all members of a team follow the protocol, sure they could still be unlucky and get a case or two, but teams with players who go out partying and flaunt the mask thing, etc., are more likely to get positive tests. Maybe one player goes down, so be it. But if they start getting multiples, well, you brought the forfeits on yourselves.

Yes that's a bit harsh, but the Cubs are clean and playing well, so fuck the rest.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Well in theory I like this train of thought but it should be part of the current contract. If it needs to be amended to enforce teams to Police their employees then it should fall under the agreement on how to go forward.

I am accually fine if a team is letting it's players run unchecked and can not compete that they forfeit games until they can field a team and environment to play in.

But that should only fall under negligence by the team to Police their players off field activity.

Anyways. If player A gets covid from doing lines off the back of a hooker then spreads it around to his Mates... Who is to blame?

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well in theory I like this train of thought but it should be part of the current contract. If it needs to be amended to enforce teams to Police their employees then it should fall under the agreement on how to go forward.

I am accually fine if a team is letting it's players run unchecked and can not compete that they forfeit games until they can field a team and environment to play in.

But that should only fall under negligence by the team to Police their players off field activity.
They just redid the rules and both sides agreed. More accountability on players part. Cubs have an accountability guy they hired

CSF77

Liked Posts:
They just redid the rules and both sides agreed. More accountability on players part. Cubs have an accountability guy they hired

Good. It makes common sense. To me it is more just..it can be controlled by not going out into the public. They removed the public from the games. So what is the point of shutting it out if the players just go into it after the game?

At the end of the day these guys are paid millions and they should be held to a higher standard

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:

But still no forfeit strategy. I am gonna be pissed if the cardinals are in the playofs after playing 54 games not being able to make them all up and we end up with winning percentages. There has to be some bill to pay for the teams not handling their business. If you do not want to get locked in a hotel bubble, then opt out. I also believe home team players should have enough sense to do like the hospital workers do and get a hotel room when they are home. Just the chance of taking something home to your children should have them decide that for themselves.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Cancel the Cardinals.

Another game postponed tonight. If the Cardinals re-start playing games tomorrow and that's a huge "if"......they will have to play 55 games in 47 days. At first glance, I thought Zach's post was funny....but in reality, it probably makes sense.