Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Hard to watch this crap

Then don't watch. Hey, I'm not cracking wise....I'm serious. They got a ring in 2016 and it will be a long, long time before they get another. So why torture yourself watching them get all of 2 hits while striking out 16 times? Don't let Marquee beat you over the head with propaganda.....weak bullpen and lack of runs equates to a team that is going nowhere. Even the really bad Cub teams of the past were at least somewhat entertaining......not this team.

CSF77

Liked Posts:

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Then don't watch. Hey, I'm not cracking wise....I'm serious. They got a ring in 2016 and it will be a long, long time before they get another. So why torture yourself watching them get all of 2 hits while striking out 16 times? Don't let Marquee beat you over the head with propaganda.....weak bullpen and lack of runs equates to a team that is going nowhere. Even the really bad Cub teams of the past were at least somewhat entertaining......not this team.

It must have been nothing to do with Woodruff. Just like it had nothing to do with Jon shutting them off and they rolled over to pity his sorry ass.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Terrible pen management as usual

Pitching is what the Cubs do well. Their bullpen has a 1.91 ERA this month, lowest in the Majors, thanks to four late-inning arms -- Duane Underwood Jr., Rowan Wick, Jeremy Jeffress and Jason Adam -- that have combined to allow one run in 20 2/3 September innings.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Accurate and a on point game analysis.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
That missed pop up by Bryant is very costly.

Fred Garvin

Liked Posts:
That missed pop up by Bryant is very costly.
So are his constant whiffs and lack of RBI's, home runs etc etc. The 2012 101 loss Cubs had a better average than this club...WITHOUT a DH. I don't enjoy being negative...I'm just relating numbers. This lineup is absolutely one of the weakest Cub lineups in decades. I hate to see it blown up because of 2016...but that is starting to be a long damn time ago.

Last edited:

Fred Garvin

Liked Posts:
If Cubs get shut out..it will 3rd time in 4 games. If I'm an ace pitcher and Theo is trying to sell me on the Cubs...I'd laugh and say "with THAT lineup backing me up. No thanks." Then Theo would say "but...but...but...oh never mind.".

Fred Garvin

Liked Posts:
This may seem odd to say..but if the Cubs by some miracle actually (gulp) score a couple runs this series...I wouldn't be averse to throwing Kimbrell in a closer situation at this point. If he screws up again..then you know it's mental with him...and he's just turned into a choker in pressure situations. Of course this is a massive "IF" the Cubs manage to score some runs. Even this new guy everyone's talking about doesn't mean squat if you can't score any damn runs.

Fred Garvin

Liked Posts:
Bring Kimbrell in. Yeah I said it. (edit) .... Well...looks like I might regret that. Gamel is the one that hit a homer to beat Kimbrel last year in the 9th inning I think.

Last edited: