IST: Cubs @ Red

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Jed did not address the greatest need. Pitching.

He just is stock piling bats. The last time he did this he traded them away for pitching.

So don't expect them to impact the team. Expect them used for future trades because the core problem is Jed has not created a system that self produces pitching.

That is the problem in a nutshell.
I think that is simply their strategy. If they luck into a pitcher in the draft that is fine, but they'd rather load up on position players, keep their choice and move the rest for established pitching and sign established pitching. It got them a world series, 3 straight NLC series and what like 6 straight playoff appearances? Yeah I think we all would've loved another WS title or two, but it didn't happen. The plan has been successful for them, so not sure they would go away from it

Last edited:

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I think that is simply their strategy. If they luck into a pitcher in the draft that is fine, but they'd rather load up on position players, keep their choice and move the rest for established pitching and sign established pitching. It got them a world series, 3 straight NLC series and what like 6 straight playoff appearances? Yeah I think we all would've loved another WS title or two, but it didn't happen. The plan has been successful for them, so not sure they would go away from it

I kinda agree. What they need to do is invest into infrastructure first to create their version of drive train. Then use it to see if they can max the talent that they have. After it is proven to work then make the talent investment.

I get it is a process and sure it might be in place as we speak and they are still in the testing grounds.

But until they drop a top 15 pick into a arm I am a doubter in their ways.