IST: Cubs @ Red

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Jake cut his finger.
Davies moved to the left side of the rubber.

Happ leading off. Still sucks there.

Hoerner still killing it.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Smartest play of the day. Yank Davies pre implode.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Bryzzo souvenirs company!

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Followed by 3 red bombs

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Six runs wasn't enough offense on Friday. Twelve runs weren't enough today.

The cumulative total of outs in the 7th inning or later recorded by the Cubs starting staff as of May 2nd: Zero!

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Six runs wasn't enough offense on Friday. Twelve runs weren't enough today.

The cumulative total of outs in the 7th inning or later recorded by the Cubs starting staff as of May 2nd: Zero!

Well it was both sides launching. Both teams are built to hit HR's and they went off.

Williams is not a good enough starter to shut down a line up like that. The good sign is the O got off on a good SP. Happ got a few hits. (1 that laid him out)

Joc should be back soon.

So this team can go off on anyone. So that is a good sign. Now they have to string some quality starts together.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Reds end up leading MLB with 151 runs.
Cubs #9 at 129

Cubs and Reds staff has given up 143 runs. Tied for 26th.

So this is a tale of two shitty pitching staffs that 1 O is overwhelming and the other one can at times and other times shuts down.

Both teams are not play off worthy teams.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Reds end up leading MLB with 151 runs.
Cubs #9 at 129

Cubs and Reds staff has given up 143 runs. Tied for 26th.

So this is a tale of two shitty pitching staffs that 1 O is overwhelming and the other one can at times and other times shuts down.

Both teams are not play off worthy teams.

So even with Yu, this is a fringe playoff club or not even close?

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Might be a bit early but the best race is happening. Cubs are tied for #5 in the draft. Another solid shit showing and the Cubs will gain ground on the leaders. Detroit might be a hard team to beat as the stench coming out of motorcity reaches across the great lakes. But if they over achieve then their stentch could also become a work of art.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
So even with Yu, this is a fringe playoff club or not even close?
Pointless topic. The trade was bad. Jed was forced to trade away contract. SD was willing to absorb almost all of it

How it affects this year is pointless to discuss. Good/bad/meh. It really don't matter. What mattered was Jed had to throw in the towel before the season started. No one has talked about anything good about the Cubs after that deal.

Now I get how some here like to speculate. That is fine. I like to look at value. The Cubs got 2 SS that they had one better at the time. And right after got another one who might be another ARod.

So Jed really was not looking at team needs. He took the best return that AJ was willing to give up. That is because there was no competition. It was only SD and AJ had all of the leverage in that deal.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Pointless topic. The trade was bad. Jed was forced to trade away contract. SD was willing to absorb almost all of it

How it affects this year is pointless to discuss. Good/bad/meh. It really don't matter. What mattered was Jed had to throw in the towel before the season started. No one has talked about anything good about the Cubs after that deal.

Now I get how some here like to speculate. That is fine. I like to look at value. The Cubs got 2 SS that they had one better at the time. And right after got another one who might be another ARod.

So Jed really was not looking at team needs. He took the best return that AJ was willing to give up. That is because there was no competition. It was only SD and AJ had all of the leverage in that deal.
"another Arod"???? who is this?

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
"another Arod"???? who is this?

he complains how bad the trade was, then says we might have the next Arod. If we got the next Arod, then how the fuck can it be such a bad trade?!?

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Season is playing out line I hoped. Bryant trade value is approaching the stratosphere. The team that gives him 10/300 plus will regret it though. Kimbrel pitching very well too. Just need Rizzo to pick it up which I believe he will as the weather turns. Baez is the one that they will re-sign because his value is so low because he still cannot hit consistently even after all these years.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
he complains how bad the trade was, then says we might have the next Arod. If we got the next Arod, then how the fuck can it be such a bad trade?!?
The next arod wasn't from the trade. It was Cristian Hernandez in IFA. But complaining about getting shortstops like they can't play pretty much any other position on the field is pretty stupid. His arguments have no consistency or usually any validity to them either

Last edited:

CSF77

Liked Posts:
The next around wasn't from the trade. It was Cristian Hernandez in IFA. But complaining about getting shortstops like they can't play pretty much any other position on the field is pretty stupid. His arguments have no consistency or usually any validity to them either

Jed did not address the greatest need. Pitching.

He just is stock piling bats. The last time he did this he traded them away for pitching.

So don't expect them to impact the team. Expect them used for future trades because the core problem is Jed has not created a system that self produces pitching.

That is the problem in a nutshell.

CSF77

Liked Posts:

As said. Hernandez might be top 100 in the next listing.

All I have said about this trade is:

1. The trade was bad because Jed did not create a market to build competition. He went to bed with AJ and took the best offer that AJ was willing to give. That is not getting the best return.

2. The deal was a money drop. Not a talent gain. If it was a talent gain then Jed would have created a market and held out to get the best return vs jumping on the Snell train.

3. Making that trade closed the door on this run. We are just seeing the final moments.

Now what too look forward to?

1. Seller market. This year should be a showcase for July trades.

2. Showcase of young pitching. Steel, Alzolay, Megill should get some love. Keegan Thompson was also brought up. So we are going to see some growing pains of 'filler' type pitching that is at least self developed. I don't expect Marquez rushed.

Looking towards 2022:

Who knows to be honest. It will either be more of buying 1 year low point F/A to see if they can flip in July or they invest.

Knowing the history Jed builds in phases. Tank and build the system. Then wreck the system and push a contender.

I am believing that this is a transition and we are going into a rebuild mode.