1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
They gave Yadi a curtain call for the HR lol my goodness

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Well can't blame Alzolay. Even in a loss he pushes 7 innings with no walks given up. 86 pitches and 70 for strikes. His game is still going up.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Shit weekend if you watch Cub baseball.....two Cubs games on national TV.....ESPN games blow but nothing is worse than listening to Fox broadcasts with two clowns that just love the Cardinals. I watched in silence from the 2nd inning on, as I couldn't stand another minute of it.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Shit weekend if you watch Cub baseball.....two Cubs games on national TV.....ESPN games blow but nothing is worse than listening to Fox broadcasts with two clowns that just love the Cardinals. I watched in silence from the 2nd inning on, as I couldn't stand another minute of it.

I got stuck with Giants/Dodgers. Turned it off.

jts1207

Liked Posts:

Oh I’m sorry....thought you were just a Diehard movie fan checking in to laugh at us Cubs fans

What a ass clown

CSF77

Liked Posts:

Cubs Jason Adam Undergoes Ankle Surgery

By Anthony Franco | May 22, 2021 at 6:54pm CDT

Cubs reliever Jason Adam underwent surgery to repair a dislocated left ankle last night, Russell Dorsey of the Chicago Sun-Times was among those to note (Twitter link). Adam, who has been at Triple-A Iowa, went down awkwardly while shagging balls during batting practice before yesterday’s minor league game. The injury was severe enough he had to be taken by ambulance to a local hospital, writes Gordon Wittenmeyer of NBC Sports Chicago.
The Cubs didn’t provide a timetable for Adam’s potential return, but given the circumstances of the injury, it’d be a surprise if he weren’t out of action for a long while. It’s a difficult blow for the 29-year-old, who had been hoping to pitch his way back into the major league bullpen after a tough start to the year. Adam allowed seven runs in 7 2/3 MLB innings this season, a disappointing follow-up to a 2020 season in which he tossed 13 2/3 frames of 3.29 ERA/3.45 SIERA ball.
Adam has shown the ability to miss plenty of bats at the game’s highest level, but he’s been plagued by control issues. He’s currently on Chicago’s 40-man roster, but it seems likely he’ll wind up being placed on the 60-day injured list when the need for a 40-man spot arises.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Oh I’m sorry....thought you were just a Diehard movie fan checking in to laugh at us Cubs fans

What a ass clown
Hey look...the genius figured it out. Did you ask Mommy for help?

Oh....and you are definitely sorry alright.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I got stuck with Giants/Dodgers. Turned it off.

Makes sense.....both those teams are in the mix with the Padres. It's a product of where you reside. You didn't miss much anyway....be happy you didn't have to hear Smoltz and Buck slobbering over the Cardinal franchise.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Makes sense.....both those teams are in the mix with the Padres. It's a product of where you reside. You didn't miss much anyway....be happy you didn't have to hear Smoltz and Buck slobbering over the Cardinal franchise.

That is funny.

I keep in touch with the Cubs as a way to keep in touch with my childhood. Mom died. Dad moved out I joined the military and stationed here then stuck with fed work for the pension. Best friend there died at 48 so I have no ties there anymore.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Well I think we got our first homegrown TOR.

“Overall, to be honest, I felt that today was my best game so far,” Alzolay said. “I was completely in control over all my pitches. Even in the seventh after the homer, I feel that even my emotions were where they were supposed to be. Keep attacking the guys, getting those ground balls there. I feel that overall, I take this game as a really good one for me moving forward.”

The third-year starter retired the first 10 Cardinals batters he faced Saturday -- the furthest he’s gotten into a game without allowing a baserunner -- with five of the at-bats ending in a slider, the pitch that’s become his staple in 2021.

Heading into the game, Alzolay had thrown sliders on 45.9 percent of his pitches. According to Statcast, that was the third-highest rate for a breaking ball or an offspeed pitch by a starting pitcher (on a minimum of 200 pitches) this season. It’s become the go-to pitch for him after curveballs and fastballs took up 33.1 and 31.5 percent of his pitches, respectively, in 2020.

Alzolay took that to another level against St. Louis, throwing sliders on 47 of his 86 pitches and getting whiffs on eight of the 28 swings Cardinals hitters took on the pitch. That control helped fool batters when he added his sinker and fastball to the mix, which he threw for 36 of his other 39 pitches on the night.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I can't remember a slider first Cubs starter. Even Maddux was a sinker first. Lester was a cutter first. Zambrano, Wood and Prior fastball was their main pitch. Wood had that nasty slider but he used it as a knock out.

Even going back to Rick Rushel he came in almost sidearm but it was more in and out pitch movement.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That is funny.

I keep in touch with the Cubs as a way to keep in touch with my childhood. Mom died. Dad moved out I joined the military and stationed here then stuck with fed work for the pension. Best friend there died at 48 so I have no ties there anymore.
Not exactly sure what you meant here. I was just saying that Fox showed Giants/Dodgers instead of the Cub game because it had more signifigance to San Diego fans. I thought you were in San Diego.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Not exactly sure what you meant here. I was just saying that Fox showed Giants/Dodgers instead of the Cub game because it had more signifigance to San Diego fans. I thought you were in San Diego.
I am. I was just thinking on why I stick with this team through thick and thin.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
This ump may never be on national television again. I dont even know whats gong on now. He is all over the place

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This ump may never be on national television again. I dont even know whats gong on now. He is all over the place
He's making Wainwright look like Maddux and Davies look like Hendricks.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fuck this ump. You have giviing that to Wainwright all night

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm not gonna say that a horrible plate umpire hasn't effected this game but the cold, hard facts is that since scoring 8 runs in one inning.....our heroes have scored exactly 1 run in the last 17 innings. That is what has been this team's down fall for the last 4 years.