IST: Cubs @ Tribe

jts1207

Liked Posts:
Geees, you're preaching to the choir here. Just turn it off and do something else. This team was dead before ST started. There might be 5 people watching this crap because everyone knows they are going nowhere. Why do you think this Forum is so dead?

Why did you check in lol. It’s a forum and this one has never been exactly active as far as Cubs go

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Why did you check in lol. It’s a forum and this one has never been exactly active as far as Cubs go
For laughs....to watch people wring their hands over a team deserted by it's ownership.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
Geees, you're preaching to the choir here. Just turn it off and do something else. This team was dead before ST started. There might be 5 people watching this crap because everyone knows they are going nowhere. Why do you think this Forum is so dead?

I cancelled all further recording of games for the season. Unwatchable.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Davies:

Apr: 9.47 ERA 2.21 WHIP
May: 1.10 ERA 1.29 WHIP

So it seems that he has turned it around and may yet become a decent trade chip. I can see the Dodgers knocking on the door with May done for the year.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
As far as the game is concerned. Pederson and Contreras was it.

With Hoerner and Jake returning Friday I'm expecting some roster changes.

Most likely Nick Martini and Jason Adams sent down.

Nico IMO plays CF and Sogard/Bote platoon 2B.
Bryant is given some time off to get to 100%. But I could see him ending up in RF and Jason pushed into a D sub situation.

Happ returning changes the dynamic but I would put him in Iowa and let him dominate there before bringing him up.

But the idea would be to minimize loss.

Duffy is holding down 3B fine. I'm not feeling the lead off part but I would push Hoerner there.

Bryant going to RF shuts down that net loss. Jason doesn't deserve the playing time right now. .171/.246/.315 He is dead weight.

Happ returning pushes Nico to 2B. Reducing the net loss at 2B.
Bote .180/.259/.280
Sogard .246/.273/.344
Vargas .143/.250/.238

There is too much dead weight going on and David needs to man up and make the right decisions to get this O working again.

Last edited:

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
I could've sworn we were all set on Davies being awful after his first few starts. Crazy how opinions change after 3 starts

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I could've sworn we were all set on Davies being awful after his first few starts. Crazy how opinions change after 3 starts
Wilson noticed that his sinker was moving different than previous. Davies moved to the left side of the rubber to compensate.

The numbers are a reaction to a adjustment. So when change happens opinion changes.

If there was no adjustment involved I would be more sceptical. As of now his numbers have been solid post adjustment. So ride that wave and hope it ends on another team.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
I mean i've been saying it for awhile, he's been fine except for his walk rate which has been horrid. When he stops walking people he looks like the player he's been over his career

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
I mean i've been saying it for awhile, he's been fine except for his walk rate which has been horrid. When he stops walking people he looks like the player he's been over his career
Yeah you've been consistent. Somebody else changes opinions by the game though

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers

he did still walk a couple guys in his 5.1 innings. The like 9 ERA wasn’t going to stay that bad, though. No doubt about that

CSF77

Liked Posts:

He had 15 walks in 19 innings in apr. He gave up 27 hits.

May 6 walks 16 IP and 15 hits.

So there was something off. He adjusted and he is back to what he was in spring training and his first game.

Now 89 I get your opinion. But I am more of a reactionist vs a person with a locked view point. I am that way because life is constantly changing and I adjust also.

So I do believe in improvement and will react positive. If he falls apart then negativity. I rarely lock into a view point regardless of what that person does. I feel that is a arogant viewpoint that I impose on others. Jokingly sure. But seriously not unless it is justified. In this case there was a flaw. He adjusted. He is producing back to his normal levels.

I don't see the issue here. Anything else is just hating on a guy and disregarding facts.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
05/14/21Chicago Cubs activated RHP Jake Arrieta from the 10-day injured list.
05/14/21Chicago Cubs optioned LHP Brad Wieck to Iowa Cubs.
05/14/21Chicago Cubs optioned LF Nick Martini to Iowa Cubs.
05/14/21Chicago Cubs optioned RHP Jason Adam to Iowa Cubs.
05/14/21Chicago Cubs activated 2B Nico Hoerner from the 10-day injured list.
05/14/21Chicago Cubs activated RHP Dan Winkler from the 10-day injured list.