IST: Cubs vs. Royals (Home/Home series)

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Well, if you get them an extra day rest, they might get to where Hendricks got on opening day and have a reason to allow more.

When you change a routine you risk injury.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
When you change a routine you risk injury.
Not when there are so few off days anyway. They have not thrown for 4 months, really? Routine? Keep a mad dash to game 60.

Either way, cubs are all worried about the Covid Cardinals and it showed. I hope we see the infielders wearing their gaitors like its 40 below zero out there. Would not mind them putting them up on base or even batting.

Dont get me wrong, I think anything other than N95 is a waste of time, but anything helps. Somehow the public need to quarantine for 14 days, the Covid Cardinals only needed to quarantine 6?

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Holy crap, good game for Kimbrel? And that poster accuses me of not watching games!,. haha

btw, I read Kimbrel is a Chicken pox survivor so we can't be negative towards him anymore ??

Try to keep up, Dumbdick. Check the time stamp.....that was said in the 3rd or 4th inning, long before he was ever in the game. But of course, to know that would require a shred of intelligence....something you sorely lack.

Last edited:

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Not when there are so few off days anyway. They have not thrown for 4 months, really? Routine? Keep a mad dash to game 60.

Either way, cubs are all worried about the Covid Cardinals and it showed. I hope we see the infielders wearing their gaitors like its 40 below zero out there. Would not mind them putting them up on base or even batting.

Dont get me wrong, I think anything other than N95 is a waste of time, but anything helps. Somehow the public need to quarantine for 14 days, the Covid Cardinals only needed to quarantine 6?

Pitching is a unnatural thing to do in the first place.

Pitching injuries are common

Adding new change is the worst thing to do. Pitchers are very routine orientated. You change it up mid season it could wreck a arm (s).

Yu is just one case of that when he went from a 6 man down to a 5 man. Got injured. Most who convert get injured.

The best option is to stabilize the pen vs toss the shit on the rotation. Q as a set up is not a bad thing at all.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Pitching is a unnatural thing to do in the first place.

Pitching injuries are common

Adding new change is the worst thing to do. Pitchers are very routine orientated. You change it up mid season it could wreck a arm (s).

Yu is just one case of that when he went from a 6 man down to a 5 man. Got injured. Most who convert get injured.

The best option is to stabilize the pen vs toss the shit on the rotation. Q as a set up is not a bad thing at all.

now that the cardinal series will most likely be postponed, if ESPN can get a game moved for sunday that is, I guess all are starters are about to be injured.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
now that the cardinal series will most likely be postponed, if ESPN can get a game moved for sunday that is, I guess all are starters are about to be injured.

Your name applies to this statement.

Getting pushed back a game is normal. Having a extra day off and 20-30 more pitches per game is not.

That is the underlying issue. To get to the 9th these guys need to push 135 pitches per game. When you take a arm that is under the 100 pitch 5 off day. Then put a new strain on it as in adding a off day and loading on 30 more pitches it is going to injure these guys.

Like I said pitching is a unnatural action to the body. Changing a set routine should be done in the off-season where these guys can train their bodies to adapt to the new load.

Thank God fans don't make decisions.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Not sure what your wood is all about anyways. Q can be a nightmare at times. In a shorter stint and going max effort might help him and the team more.

A quality lefty is lacking right now. I'm pretty sure that this will end up happening.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Try to keep up, Dumbdick. Check the time stamp.....that was said in the 3rd or 4th inning, long before he was ever in the game. But of course, to know that would require a shred of intelligence....something you sorely lack.

Well Kimbrel got a whole inning. So for him that was a good outting.