Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Have a feeling they are going to need those insurance runs.

Fred Garvin

Liked Posts:
I never really rooted against the White Sox unless they played the Cubs...but for some reason all the hype I hear about them this year has me rooting for them to lose...which made their series against the Brewers a bit conflicted. Of course I want the Brewers to lose...but I also want the Sox to lose.

Fred Garvin

Liked Posts:
Wick warming up...which means they don't even trust Kimbrel with a 3 run lead.

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
Jeffress has been a find, where they get this guy? He's the MVP of the bullpen in the early goin....

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Another run!

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
5 run lead. Save the pen, get Kimbrel out there and give him some live work

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
Wick warming up...which means they don't even trust Kimbrel with a 3 run lead.

Cubs are saying all the right PR things about Kimbrel (and he only threw 12 pitches yesterday). To sit him with a 5 run lead says all, lol

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Cubs are saying all the right PR things about Kimbrel (and he only threw 12 pitches yesterday). To sit him with a 5 run lead says all, lol
Do you think he’s the closer at this point?

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Do you think he’s the closer at this point?

Who knows? But Dumbdick thinks he's done, so I'm betting he's not. You can fit Dumbdick's baseball knowledge in a thimble. Same douche who mocked cancer survivor Lester as being old and done.....same Lester who's ERA is currently 0.82. Will that last, probably not but just the fact that he is still doing it shows he's not quite done yet. It's doubtful Dumbdick has watched more than handful of innings.....he doesn't watch the games, just the highlight packages. A reeaaallll fan he is.....ha,ha,ha.

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
Who knows? But Dumbdick thinks he's done, so I'm betting he's not. You can fit Dumbdick's baseball knowledge in a thimble. Same douche who mocked cancer survivor Lester as being old and done.....same Lester who's ERA is currently 0.82. Will that last, probably not but just the fact that he is still doing it shows he's not quite done yet. It's doubtful Dumbdick has watched more than handful of innings.....he doesn't watch the games, just the highlight packages. A reeaaallll fan he is.....ha,ha,ha.

Mods? Ban time?

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I am not saying Kimbrel is done, but he is not the closer today.

They aren't going to bring him in live games right now to face three batters while the next guy then needs to face three.

He has some shit to work out, and the 9th inning is not the place for it right now.

Interesting column I saw that Q may hold the key, because Chatwood could move to closer. I think that will depend on how many games they miss, because with double headers, they may need six starters.

Bust

Liked Posts:

Nice job derailing a normal baseball thread. Reported

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I am not saying Kimbrel is done, but he is not the closer today.

They aren't going to bring him in live games right now to face three batters while the next guy then needs to face three.

He has some shit to work out, and the 9th inning is not the place for it right now.

Interesting column I saw that Q may hold the key, because Chatwood could move to closer. I think that will depend on how many games they miss, because with double headers, they may need six starters.

I always thought that Chatwood's motion reminded me of Dempster....thats an interesting idea. Probably better than sending Q to the pen.....I don't remember if Q has any experience doing it. I remember everyone questioning the Dempster move from starter to closer but he did quite well.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
He has no movement on his fastball. It's straight down the pipe. He has zero control in his offspeed and can't get it over the plate. Opponents are just sitting on his fastball and teeing off.

What was said was he feels like he is falling off the mound down hill. That is causing a release point error and too much rotational movement.

It is a mechanic flaw. His fastball is harder than last year. So they just need to clean up his mechanical issue vs a degrading talent issue.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I always thought that Chatwood's motion reminded me of Dempster....thats an interesting idea. Probably better than sending Q to the pen.....I don't remember if Q has any experience doing it. I remember everyone questioning the Dempster move from starter to closer but he did quite well.

They did a bit on him. He is running is sinker and his cutter through the same channel. The cutter goes toward the lefty. The sinker tails back. Sense they start in the same lane the hitters are caught guessing and they are missing at a 38% rate right now which is well over his avg of 19%

He has never been this guy before. He has been a ground ball pitcher. So this is uncharted waters that he is in.

That doesn't get into his plus curve either.

He picked the right time to light up though. Contract year and all.

Dempster was a fastball/ slider to r. Fastball change to L. Being a closer helped with his mind set when returning to the rotation. That said, he was never a TOR talent. He had a good end run with the Cubs.