IST: Cubs vs. Royals (Home/Home series)

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I prefer 6 starters, now that Lester is delegating the TOR to others there is no need to give him the ball every 5 days like he expected. I did want to see Chatty close last year when he was in the pen, but taking your 3 out is alot different than replacing your 5th or a guy already delegated to the pen. He always had great stuff, he lost his control, which was why nobody wanted him in pressure situations last year.
AT least MLB changed that they were dropping to 26 in two weeks, so that lets you keep a long man in the pen for a spot start and basically nothing else instead of having to transfer him from South Bend when the double header hits.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
They haven't made a decision on Q yet. I believe it is on Mills to keep his job right now.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
AUG. 5: The league announced that it will go to 28-man rosters and, if clubs choose, five-man taxi squads for the regular season and playoffs beginning Thursday. Teams will be able to carry 29 players for doubleheaders.

AUG. 4: While the initial plan for the shortened 2020 season was for rosters to begin at 30 players, drop to 28 after 15 days and drop to 26 two weeks later, it appears that plan will change. The Athletic’s Ken Rosenthal tweets that rosters will drop to 28 players as scheduled on Thursday, but they’ll remain at that level through the end of the regular season and through the postseason. The three-man taxi squad that teams have been allotted will also be expanded to five players. USA Today’s Bob Nightengale tweeted earlier today that some potential alterations to roster reduction were being discussed.

The implementation of 28-man rosters for the balance of the season comes in a direct response to the number of injuries that have popped up throughout the league and the Covid-19 outbreaks within the Marlins and Cardinals organizations. The hope is that carrying a pair of extra players over the standard 26-man rosters can help to reduce strain on players — pitchers in particular — after an abbreviated three-week ramp-up period during Summer Camp. There’s no indication that the change will carry over beyond the 2020 season.

Larger rosters will leave managers with more flexibility and reduce the need to put extra stress on pitchers, though the extra relievers being carried by each club won’t do any favors in terms of limiting game times, as MLB has sought to do in recent years. That’s far from a pressing concern at this point, however, as all involved with the league are prioritizing player health and simply being able to get through a 60-game regular-season schedule before playing an expanded 16-team playoff format.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I would keep Rea and add Q to the pen when he returns. Ryan has lost velocity so they really need a prime lefty in the pen right now. Rea is a ideal 2 inning arm now that Mills looks legit.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I would keep Rea and add Q to the pen when he returns. Ryan has lost velocity so they really need a prime lefty in the pen right now. Rea is a ideal 2 inning arm now that Mills looks legit.

Not sure if you're saying Ryan is or ever was a "prime lefty" in the pen. I never thought he was but at least when Q comes back they will at least have some options.

The thing is, without an antedote.....I still don't see how they can finish this thing. Which kinda makes these discussions moot.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not sure if you're saying Ryan is or ever was a "prime lefty" in the pen. I never thought he was but at least when Q comes back they will at least have some options.

The thing is, without an antedote.....I still don't see how they can finish this thing. Which kinda makes these discussions moot.
They dont have to play all 60 games. It can be cut short and go into playoffs. The league is going to make this happen. Way to much money on the line. Ita why the owners wanted the shorter season. They want to get to the playoffs for the monster TV money.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cardinals are cleared to travel to St. Louis. They will play the Cubs Friday.

CSF77

Liked Posts:

Well as far as the Cubs are concerned.

Well I kinda understand you opinion. This really is a derail but I upped my game and invested into a respirator vs a flimsy mask. I wear glasses and while I was walking my route my glasses would fog up. Well that got me thinking...no seal no point. Fog is water vapor. So if it comes out regardless what is the point of a illusionary form of safety.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
They dont have to play all 60 games. It can be cut short and go into playoffs. The league is going to make this happen. Way to much money on the line. Ita why the owners wanted the shorter season. They want to get to the playoffs for the monster TV money.

Good point. But ya gotta wonder if the sponsors are gonna cry foul when asked to pony up for teams that are half AAA players. It could easily come to that.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Well those teams got it outside of game activity. I believe going out to a bar was a part of it.

Morons deserved what they got.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Brothers and Steel sent down to set the team at 28.

Staff now:. Almost wish they would bring up Marquez. No fans so might be a good environment for him to get his feet wet. At least he pegs 100 MPH and in shorter stints that plays up more.

Tyler Chatwood
Tyler Chatwood32
B/T: R/RH: 5' 11"W: 200DOB: 12/16/1989
Yu Darvish
Yu Darvish11
B/T: R/RH: 6' 5"W: 220DOB: 08/16/1986
Kyle Hendricks
Kyle Hendricks28
B/T: R/RH: 6' 3"W: 190DOB: 12/07/1989
Jeremy Jeffress
Jeremy Jeffress24
B/T: R/RH: 6' 0"W: 205DOB: 09/21/1987
Craig Kimbrel
Craig Kimbrel46
B/T: R/RH: 6' 0"W: 215DOB: 05/28/1988
Jon Lester
Jon Lester34
B/T: L/LH: 6' 4"W: 240DOB: 01/07/1984
Alec Mills
Alec Mills30
B/T: R/RH: 6' 4"W: 205DOB: 11/30/1991
Colin Rea
Colin Rea20
B/T: R/RH: 6' 5"W: 235DOB: 07/01/1990
Kyle Ryan
Kyle Ryan56
B/T: L/LH: 6' 5"W: 215DOB: 09/25/1991
Casey Sadler
Casey Sadler65
B/T: R/RH: 6' 3"W: 205DOB: 07/13/1990
Ryan Tepera
Ryan Tepera52
B/T: R/RH: 6' 1"W: 195DOB: 11/03/1987
Duane Underwood Jr.
Duane Underwood Jr.51
B/T: R/RH: 6' 2"W: 210DOB: 07/20/1994
Rowan Wick
Rowan Wick50
B/T: L/RH: 6' 3"W: 234DOB: 11/09/1992
Dan Winkler
Dan Winkler43
B/T: R/RH: 6' 3"W: 205DOB: 02/02/1990

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Chatwood just doesn't have it tonight.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Good game for Kimbrel to work on some things.....

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
Holy crap, good game for Kimbrel? And that poster accuses me of not watching games!,. haha

btw, I read Kimbrel is a Chicken pox survivor so we can't be negative towards him anymore ??

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I prefer 6 starters, now that Lester is delegating the TOR to others there is no need to give him the ball every 5 days like he expected. I did want to see Chatty close last year when he was in the pen, but taking your 3 out is alot different than replacing your 5th or a guy already delegated to the pen. He always had great stuff, he lost his control, which was why nobody wanted him in pressure situations last year.
AT least MLB changed that they were dropping to 26 in two weeks, so that lets you keep a long man in the pen for a spot start and basically nothing else instead of having to transfer him from South Bend when the double header hits.
There’s no reason not to give him the ball every five days.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Well the good part was the pen got a off day. No maybe loss where they would get a quality arm starting.

The Royals were bound to wake up eventually. Too bad

CSF77

Liked Posts:
There’s no reason not to give him the ball every five days.

Ya. Lester has been giving a good 5 innings right now. I wouldn't be shocked with them trading Q to get something in return.

I'm not a fan of the 6 man rotation on a 60 game season at all. These starters are looking at 90 IP at best this year. There is no reason to limit them more.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Ya. Lester has been giving a good 5 innings right now. I wouldn't be shocked with them trading Q to get something in return.

I'm not a fan of the 6 man rotation on a 60 game season at all. These starters are looking at 90 IP at best this year. There is no reason to limit them more.

Well, if you get them an extra day rest, they might get to where Hendricks got on opening day and have a reason to allow more.