IST: Nats @ Cubs

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Anyways this is just based off of Jed's interview on the state of the Cubs. Their decision will be based off of what this team does.

And I pointed out if you are going for it target Max. It is pointless to half ass it. If you are committed then act on it and don't look for a bargain bin answer. That is not resolve. That is a pathetic attempt at appeasement. Just like Jake was.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Season:
Runs scored:. Cubs #10
ERA: #15

Bullpen ERA #4
Starters #26

So the O is top 1/3 in generating runs.
The pen is top 5 in suppressing runs.

That leaves the rotation.

3 attempts at flipping for "talent"

That is what dumpster diving does for you. Makes you into a joke GM.

I would say that the team is winning in spite of Jed's attempt to sabatoge the season.

Fuck Jed.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Nobody said anything about losing for four years. Fucking goal post mover

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Nobody said anything about losing for four years. Fucking goal post mover

Seems like you did. Sell everything for the farm.

That is pointless.

They are winning support it.

They are losing flip it.

If they are battling and come up short then attach qualifing offers to get compensation.

The real reason why teams sell at the deadline is not for 2nd rate prospects. It is to cut payroll.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I think Jed has been pretty transparent on the current situation.

Trading Yu was a payroll cut.

The problem here is people getting their panties up in a bunch with 3 of the core expiring and Jed not fully committed to extending.

Shit will play out. (Xanax) fixes the rest.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
IMOP, Hoyer is doing what he's told. I blame the Ricketts family. How much money did they invest in building up the ball park and the surrouding area? Now Wrigley itself? I used to make deliveries there back in the late 80's and early 90's. I've been in nearly every inch of that park.... a lot of places that the public never sees. It was already crumbling and falling apart way back then. The over haul was very much needed. But they spent millions more on other stuff in an attempt to make even more money.....hotels, restaurants, TV stations etc. But the Ricketts forgot something.....the product they are selling is not Wrigley Field, it's the Chicago Cubs. They probably believe that Wrigley will sell itself but that won't last forever. If nothing else the pandemic gave the Ricketts family a taste of what life would be like if the fans stopped coming.....tearing down your product to save cash flow is a loser's way out. Given they are owners of the Cubs.....I suppose that's fitting.

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
I think Jed has been pretty transparent on the current situation.

Trading Yu was a payroll cut.

The problem here is people getting their panties up in a bunch with 3 of the core expiring and Jed not fully committed to extending.

Shit will play out. (Xanax) fixes the rest.

I would say the problem is the Cubs seem to be an organization with no direction or clear plan right now.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
IMOP, Hoyer is doing what he's told. I blame the Ricketts family. How much money did they invest in building up the ball park and the surrouding area? Now Wrigley itself? I used to make deliveries there back in the late 80's and early 90's. I've been in nearly every inch of that park.... a lot of places that the public never sees. It was already crumbling and falling apart way back then. The over haul was very much needed. But they spent millions more on other stuff in an attempt to make even more money.....hotels, restaurants, TV stations etc. But the Ricketts forgot something.....the product they are selling is not Wrigley Field, it's the Chicago Cubs. They probably believe that Wrigley will sell itself but that won't last forever. If nothing else the pandemic gave the Ricketts family a taste of what life would be like if the fans stopped coming.....tearing down your product to save cash flow is a loser's way out. Given they are owners of the Cubs.....I suppose that's fitting.

From a business point of view sell the team. They bought it for 1 bill. The team is worth 5 now. So flip it for a profit and let the new ownership take over.

From a fanboy perspective win. If it fails sell off because it is pointless to dump millions into a broken product.

It is up to Tom at the end of the day. That team will generate 500M per year. 200 of it goes to payroll. 300M is enough to maintain and live a high scale life style.

But I agree. We are Cubs fans. Not Theo fans or Rickets fans.

The product on the field brings the crowd. Not the museum that they play in.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Seems like you did. Sell everything for the farm.

That is pointless.

They are winning support it.

They are losing flip it.

If they are battling and come up short then attach qualifing offers to get compensation.

The real reason why teams sell at the deadline is not for 2nd rate prospects. It is to cut payroll.

so we got rid of Yu for a payroll dump, but you’re posturing we trade for max scherzer who makes a nice salary. The cubs won’t be taking on salary if the goal was to dump salary. You continue to make zero sense

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
the “handwringing” is more to do with this team being an 85-90 win team at the absolute max, and absolutely not a World Series contender. Thus, many of us would rather be sellers at the deadline considering all the contract year guys they have on the roster. Are you actually posturing that the cubs should be buyers and be going for it this season?!
If that's your take that's fine. Like that's reasonable. I'm talking about people posting shit like "i'm done with this team"...etc. Legitimately I have no problem with that take. I agree they aren't serious title contenders but idk like I just get so tired of people complaining when the cubs aren't the best team in baseball every moment of every year.

In my opinion, if this team ends up an 85-90 win team that's a success because they did that while trading away Darvish and hopefully getting better in the long term. Obviously you'd prefer to see them sell off which like I said I get. But honestly... if they are an 85-90 win team I'm sorta ok with them just rolling with their guys and tossing QO's on them. Yeah you might be able to get talent closer to the majors with trades but I don't know that you're going to get more than that QO level of talent. Maybe you could for Bryant. Possibly if a team is desperate for relievers kimbrel.

Of course that assumes QO still exist which who knows what happens with the new CBA but I have to imagine you'll get something for those type of FAs. Also and I'm not 100% sure on this but I believe not this coming draft but the one after will be talent rich. Keep in mind that the 2020 draft was shorter so A LOT of high school players who normally would get drafted weren't because it was only a 5 round draft. I believe next year is the first year they can re-enter. So, if the cubs grab compensation picks for the QO guys that extra pick and bonus pool could pay big dividends

CSF77

Liked Posts:
so we got rid of Yu for a payroll dump, but you’re posturing we trade for max scherzer who makes a nice salary. The cubs won’t be taking on salary if the goal was to dump salary. You continue to make zero sense

Look bonehead.

No fans = sell and cut
30% = sign Jake Williams and Joc.
60%+= invest more.

Swear you are an idiot.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Look bonehead.

No fans = sell and cut
30% = sign Jake Williams and Joc.
60%+= invest more.

Swear you are an idiot.

idiocy is basing it off of percentage of fans in the stands for a few months. You claimed this team has tons of $$$, a few months of fans at a certain level doesn’t impact that if they have as much money as you claim. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black