Fly the W! This Bullpen lol

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Wow. They're winning despite having a ridiculous bullpen.....these are bonus wins. They are supposed to be ML players, someone other than Jeffress needs to verify that.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Somehow the worst part of the team from last season, got worse during the offseason..
Confidence is a mofo. Bullpens thrive off confidence. They all look like they are pitching on egg shells.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
OK, win tomorrow, and finish the season 7-2. Champs! ?

CSF77

Liked Posts:
After seeing a diet of cutters that ball coming out of Ryan's hand must have looked tasty.

All I can say to that. Ryan is not bad but he was not dominating as Chatwood was to those hitters.

But here is some info on Kimbrel. Getting the 9th square should align the set up core more.

Definitely, I like the fact that the velocity's there," Ross said. "There's just a couple other things that I think, if we can lock in, we'll see a much better Craig."

Having Kimbrel get his curveball back on track tops that list. Through two outings, the righty has thrown 17 breaking balls and opposing batters have not swung once. That has helped enable hitters to sit on the fastball, as Friday's outing put on full display.

Kimbrel's struggles come after he posted a 6.53 ERA with a career-high nine home runs allowed in 20 2/3 innings for the Cubs last season.

"There's some mechanical things that we can shore up," Ross said, "to where he's back to hiding the ball a little bit more, a little more deception in his delivery when he's right. Some of the conversations we've had, he's not quite where he wants to be in that."

CSF77

Liked Posts:
It is like I said. They are sitting on his fastball. To me this should be a easy answer and have him add a off speed to keep the hitters honest. That way the hammer becomes the least used offering and more situational.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
KB out of the lineup again.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Cubs gonna :sweep: - derosabomb, years ago

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Hey look, Steven Brault is throwing a no-hitter!!!!

Official Jinx post.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Willy got lucky there. Tie game

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Catcher caught the ball and tagged the runner. He did not block the runner's way prior to having the ball.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
In other games Cincinnati led Detroit three to nothing. Detroit had bases-loaded with two out and Nick Castellanos botched a very catchable flyball that tied the game but Cincy went on to win

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
He self reported symptoms of Covid. He has had two test come back negative but is being cautious.

He has had a stomach ailment, waiting for 4 tests before returning to the team. Makes you wonder where he is, some hotel somewhere, staying away from the wife and kid or home.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I dont want to be that guy, but isn't Miller still on this team? Why wouldn't you pinch run for Souza when he took over at second base? He cant be worse than Souza defensively can he?