1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Bats better wake up...

FrankieLyrical

South Side Chicagoan
Liked Posts:
If I have to watch another strikeout looking, I'm going to gauge my own fucking eyes out... jesus!!

FrankieLyrical

South Side Chicagoan
Liked Posts:
I hate the fact that the Cubs are down 2-0 and it just feels like it's over already.

Fred Garvin

Liked Posts:
I hate the fact that the Cubs are down 2-0 and it just feels like it's over already.
I admit I jumped the gun after that Robert home run. I thought it was gonna be another massacre. Still could be I guess...with this Sox lineup that is as dangerous as I can remember ANY lineup being. Cubs have dismal hitting numbers..but still in 1st for now....which is similar to the A's...who are winning like crazy but their hitting is one of the worst in the league.

FrankieLyrical

South Side Chicagoan
Liked Posts:
I admit I jumped the gun after that Robert home run. I thought it was gonna be another massacre. Still could be I guess...with this Sox lineup that is as dangerous as I can remember ANY lineup being. Cubs have dismal hitting numbers..but still in 1st for now....which is similar to the A's...who are winning like crazy but their hitting is one of the worst in the league.

It's less about the Sox (who have an insanely fun lineup) and more about the Cubs. This offense, for the most part, has been dreadful so as soon as they get down, it feels like it's over. Is it reactionary to think that way? Probably, but that's just the feel this team gives me

Fred Garvin

Liked Posts:
It's less about the Sox (who have an insanely fun lineup) and more about the Cubs. This offense, for the most part, has been dreadful so as soon as they get down, it feels like it's over. Is it reactionary to think that way? Probably, but that's just the feel this team gives me
I always feel they CAN come back...but my confidence isn't high in those situations. If not for Bote's heroics in games we're looking at 14-12...and Bote is a .206 hitter. I'm not sure what this Cubs team is. Is it the team that totally melted down at the end of last year in that 9 loss in a row disaster...or a re-energized squad that was showing that it still has the muscle to make another run? I don't know. I know the individual hitting numbers are just horrible....and kind of a continuation of the end of last year. Maybe this homestand is revealing the "real" Cubs. I really don't know.

Fred Garvin

Liked Posts:
Rizzo 3 for his last 21. The only guys hitting AT ALL for even average numbers are Happ and Heyward. Even Kipnis is in an 0-12 stretch. Bote has his heroics but he's only at .196. Caratini also has good numbers.

Fred Garvin

Liked Posts:
Wick comes in and does the one thing you can't do in a close game like this...walk the first batter. Now he's gonna throw over to first to check the runner. If you're so worried about that guy...don't walk him in the first friggin place. Now he gives up a 2 run dinger. Nice job dumbass.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm watching the NHL which is infintely more entertaining than baseball....particularly Cubs baseball. Funny thing is, I would've bet the bank that GG would be in this game....he is complete crap but the Cubs are the perfect match for him. A team of undisciplined hitters that are all too happy to flay away at his pitches that are 75% balls. I just checked the boxscore at MLB and was not surprised in the least. Everyone blames Theo but the only thing I blame him for is not dumping some of these guys.....he has a whole team of them. The Cubs don't need great hitters, just professional hitters....

Fred Garvin

Liked Posts:
My God. Sox fans are laughing it up I'm sure. Must be nice. This is like the cartoon where the massive giants on one team...chewing cigars... are beating up on the bugs bunny team.

Fred Garvin

Liked Posts:
Is there anybody in the Cubs lineup that is remotely scary? The Sox have like 7 of em. You knew Sadler was gonna walk at least one guy...as he always does.

Fred Garvin

Liked Posts:
8 home runs for the Sox this series Cubs ZERO. Woops. Make it 9 now. Underwood came in with an ERA of 8.00. Now THIS. He gets the first two outs..then BOOM!!! Ehh. Just "scufflin a bit".

fenderpfunk

Liked Posts:
Sox fan here in peace - question about Wick - seems like he has some nasty stuff in terms of movement/velocity. How do cubs fans feel about him?

Fred Garvin

Liked Posts:
BS. Len and Marshall talking about "tip your cap". Bullcrap. 9 home runs to NONE...and you just have to "tip your cap"? This Cubs lineup is straight up WEAK. Period right now.. You gotta think at some point they'll wake up..right? I guess we'll see.

Fred Garvin

Liked Posts:
Sox fan here in peace - question about Wick - seems like he has some nasty stuff in terms of movement/velocity. How do cubs fans feel about him?
Not many people here...if any...but I would say Wick is just a guy at best.

Fred Garvin

Liked Posts:
Cubs have no power...they don't hit for average...they are next to last in the majors in strikeouts...they don't hit with runners in scoring position. Basically just a weak ass lineup. This lineup is downright shameful.