It’s the personnel

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
Foles is a low level starter behind a top flight o-line. Behind a bad o-line he's worse than Trubisky, because at least Trubisky can move. Foles is useless if he can't stand unmolested in the pocket. He does everything in slow motion.

The Bears can make any changes they want, terrible quarterbacks behind bad o-lines will never produce. Doesn't matter who is calling the plays. At all. (Though I would argue that the coaches insistance on Patterson being a major part of the offense is just making a bad situation worse).

Pace needs to go. They have to find a quarterback. It's as simple as that. Until that happens the Bears will never be consistently competitive.

SD Bears

Liked Posts:
They own part of it

The defense owns part of it? Seriously? Offense gets 14 total yards of offense in the 2nd half, defense was on the field for 20+ minutes and still only gave up 19 points for the game. Did you expect a shut out?

20.9 points per game given up by the defense. Even a half-ass offense would have this team at 7-3 at worst. This is an historically bad offense and the only reason they're in every game is because of the defense.

greg23

Liked Posts:

The GM put together the defense

The offensive guru head coach put together a pile of nothingness on that side of the ball for 2.5 years and refuses to adjust his scheme to fit his personnel or team structure.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I think that should be pretty clear. The window, if there ever was one, is closed completely. It will likely take a complete rebuilding of the offense for this team to be serious contenders. Unfortunately the defense will have aged out by then. Thanks Pace!
"Complete rebuilding"? Probably not too far off. I'd keep ARob, Mooney, Montgomery, Kmet, perhaps Miller until they can replace him, but the focus needs to be OL and QB. And by OL, I mean 3 or 4 OLinemen as soon as possible.

It's true that no QB will have an easy go behind this line, but neither QB we have is worth hanging onto.

Yeah, there's a lot to be turned over.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
"Complete rebuilding"? Probably not too far off. I'd keep ARob, Mooney, Montgomery, Kmet, perhaps Miller until they can replace him, but the focus needs to be OL and QB. And by OL, I mean 3 or 4 OLinemen as soon as possible.

It's true that no QB will have an easy go behind this line, but neither QB we have is worth hanging onto.

if I’m Robinson I’m on the first flight out of Chicago on January 4th. There’s no way I’d stay here i would even take pay cut to play on a better offense.

greg23

Liked Posts:

Why would a rebuilding team with no qb and no oline pay a 28nyr old wr 20 mil per year?

Wait.....these are the bears

TELLY46

Liked Posts:
I honestly don’t think it’s fair to judge the offensive staff when the talent is this bad. What do they do well? They can’t run block and they can’t pass block. What do you lean on? There is no bread and butter. They literally suck at everything.
Why is the talent so bad ..falls on Pace and Nagy ,. I'll just give one example ,as there are too many ,for having only Coward as a back up and continually starting him

MarkBear

?⬇️
Liked Posts:
I think that should be pretty clear. The window, if there ever was one, is closed completely. It will likely take a complete rebuilding of the offense for this team to be serious contenders. Unfortunately the defense will have aged out by then. Thanks Pace!
The coaching is terrible my guy...he doesn’t even hold his player accountable.

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
The defense owns part of it? Seriously? Offense gets 14 total yards of offense in the 2nd half, defense was on the field for 20+ minutes and still only gave up 19 points for the game. Did you expect a shut out?

20.9 points per game given up by the defense. Even a half-ass offense would have this team at 7-3 at worst. This is an historically bad offense and the only reason they're in every game is because of the defense.
The D is on the field because they play bend dont break.. They cant get off the field..Thats on Pagano's strategy

Cook got 96 yards rushing..T hats hardly containing him.

Im not excusing the offense at all..Im just saying the D is mediocre

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I honestly don’t think it’s fair to judge the offensive staff when the talent is this bad. What do they do well? They can’t run block and they can’t pass block. What do you lean on? There is no bread and butter. They literally suck at everything.
Well, you're a just simply wrong.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
After Naggy first year he got the benefit of the doubt since we got to the playoffs. Give me my guys!! Pace is already a terrible talent evaluator and sucks at free agent pick ups. But Naggy is the one that wanted a slow ass running back that can catch. Naggy wanted another gadget wr that has taken over the offense. Naggy wanted foles....etc