It’s the personnel

abegibronlives

Liked Posts:
I think that should be pretty clear. The window, if there ever was one, is closed completely. It will likely take a complete rebuilding of the offense for this team to be serious contenders. Unfortunately the defense will have aged out by then. Thanks Pace!

The personnel on offense is indeed inadequate.

Interesting line from PFT's "Power Rankings":

18. Bears (No. 16, 5-5): Bill Walsh could be calling the plays for this offense and it wouldn’t matter.

Can't really say they're wrong.

jbunch14

Liked Posts:
Foles saw pressure, but he had adequate time to throw many times last night, and failed. We were running the ball for 5-6 yards a pop at times. Go back and watch the tape. There were people open in the second half. Foles failed; again. And then he got hurt. Collapse is imminent.

Beast15

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It is EV-ER-Y-THING. Top to bottom..... Everything.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:

18. Bears (No. 16, 5-5): Bill Walsh could be calling the plays for this offense and it wouldn’t matter.

Naggy wanted those players for “his offense”.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

I think they are.
This offense wouldn't be a complete undisciplined, poorly designed, poor fundamentals cluster fuck with Bill Walsh. Talent level is not great, but at least #6 on the list of reasons this offense sucks.

Plus, who thinks there are and can name 14 worse teams than the Bears? Jets, Washington, Jags, Cowboys, Vanderbilt,Michagan, Middle Tenn St... that's all I got.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Its the personnel - and the coaching who develops/utilizes that personnel - and the GM who evaluates/finds/chooses/pays that personnel and coaching staff. After ARob leaves in 2021, ask yourself who on the Bears O would other teams want at their current contract? 2, maybe 3? That's pretty damning for the person in charge of building that team.

abegibronlives

Liked Posts:
I think they are.
This offense wouldn't be a complete undisciplined, poorly designed, poor fundamentals cluster fuck with Bill Walsh. Talent level is not great, but at least #6 on the list of reasons this offense sucks.

Plus, who thinks there are and can name 14 worse teams than the Bears? Jets, Washington, Jags, Cowboys, Vanderbilt,Michagan, Middle Tenn St... that's all I got.

I think the emphasis was meant to be on the play-calling, not the overall coaching.

I'm not sure what plays could be sent in from the sidelines that would reliably succeed for this offense.

UK_STALEY

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The D is on the field because they play bend dont break.. They cant get off the field..Thats on Pagano's strategy

Cook got 96 yards rushing..T hats hardly containing him.

Im not excusing the offense at all..Im just saying the D is mediocre
The defense has no choice but to play bend don’t break, being more aggressive makes you susceptible to big plays. And we sure as fuck know the offense isn’t making up for any of those.
Best 3rd down and best red zone defense in the league validates the scheme

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I think the emphasis was meant to be on the play-calling, not the overall coaching.

I'm not sure what plays could be sent in from the sidelines that would reliably succeed for this offense.
Not sure the point then. Is it that Bill Walsh couldn't successfully pick from a list of poorly designed offensive plays that is poorly coached, and run fundamentally unsound? That's like saying Chef Ramsey couldn't put together a 4 star meal using 6 cooks from TGIFridays trained to make loaded potato skins and sizzling chicken and cheese. Of course he couldn't they have been trained to make shit so that is what they make.

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
The defense has no choice but to play bend don’t break, being more aggressive makes you susceptible to big plays. And we sure as fuck know the offense isn’t making up for any of those.
Best 3rd down and best red zone defense in the league validates the scheme

"The defense has no choice but to play bend don’t break, being more aggressive makes you susceptible to big plays"

So, like I said,they're mediocre

UK_STALEY

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
"The defense has no choice but to play bend don’t break, being more aggressive makes you susceptible to big plays"

So, like I said,they're mediocre
So best in the league on 3rd down and red zone makes them mediocre at bend don’t break?! Have you suffered some kind of brain injury?

Thedude

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So best in the league on 3rd down and red zone makes them mediocre at bend don’t break?! Have you suffered some kind of brain injury?
The bears D is being put in an impossible position. Nagy is a hack! The league has figured out his offense

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
From every post hes made in this thread, I would question if he had a brain to injure. Ranting about defense after these last two games is laughable.