Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I was jacked about Fields...like everyone else. With that being said- I wouldn't have hated walking away from the draft with Jones. I just would've been really dejected had the Bears taken Jones after trading up to 11 with Fields on the board. Oh that would've hurt.

I think Jones is going to suck, so I would've been pissed off. Lucky for him, he landed in a great spot, organization wise.

94c4lt1

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pace nailed this draft
maybe things are looking up
he got maulers up front
somebody to get rid of antmill (white recievers dont act like that im trolling, and kidding)
and some cb help
im impressed
now if nagy botches this pick he gotta go
What a lovely haiku!

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
I think Jones is going to suck, so I would've been pissed off. Lucky for him, he landed in a great spot, organization wise.
Another factor here is that Fields is actually coming to a team that has offensive talent and weapons for him to work with.

When trubisky came in 2017 the best of our receiving corps was Kendall Wright, who's no better than a #3. The rest of the group isn't in the NFL anymore. Now we have ARob/Mooney/Miller, that's a top 10 guy in the league, a legitimate #2 (I know it was just his rookie year, but let's be honest he gets open, has excellent hands, is very fast, and is tough after the catch, he's going to be successful), and a legitimate #3 (even though Miller is lowkey Special person and disappointing, his talent still makes him serviceable as a #3).

In 17 at RB we had Howard as the lead back, he was a very good runner but could do nothing else, Monty is a complete RB. A true 3 down back. He's coming off a breakout season too.

At TE we have a promising young sadist who loves the violence of the game in Cole Kmet, and one of the league's better RZ weapons in Jimmy Graham. In 17 at TE we had Dion sims lmao, still in the league or nah? I don't even know.

We also have the interior of the line sorted and we just picked up a first round talent at RT (or possibly LT, but most probably RT).

This is not to say that Mitch failed due to the lack of supporting cast in his rookie year. It is to say that Fields will have legitimately good players to give the ball to, and because he has good teammates at all positions that'll open up his incredible running ability. When the man opens his stride it's a thing of beauty, QBs aren't meant to run like that, he's a gifted sprinter that's for sure.

I'm very excited for the future. I believe that the 2021 draft will be what we hoped the 2017 draft would be.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
My memory. Seeing pick 10... ESPN showing the video of the pick doing something... I pop open a beer pour it in the glass look up and see the Bears on the clock in the lower left corner before the announcer said a word... I was like wtf... wtf... wtf... Had "Boom" typed ready to hit send when they had the trade announcement!!!

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I don't want to hear about bootleg jerseys, I copped a real one so it gets added to the # of jersey sales for the God JF.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I don't want to hear about bootleg jerseys, I copped a real one so it gets added to the # of jersey sales for the God JF.
last jersey I've brought was Derrick Rose, Fields is a no brane-er.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Damn i think thats the last one i got too now that i think of it.
i have Jordan, Rose, Payton, Hester, Pippen, Marshall, Rodman, Kane(signed), Crede, Grossman, Noah & Butler is what i have now. I feel like one has been missing badly.