It starts and ends with Ryan Pace

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Ryan Pace's mailbox may be overflowing with thank you cards.

A thank you from the Philadelphia Eagles, for deciding Jordan Howard was a bad fit for the Bears.

Thank yous from the Kansas City Chiefs and Houston Texans for passing on Pat Mahomes and Deshaun Watson, respectfully.

Big thank yous from the Detroit Lions, Green Bay Packers, and Minnesota Vikings for a series of bonehead blunders that have placed the Bears squarely at the bottom of the division.

Did I miss anyone?
The Saints for getting him out of the building.

The Niners

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
A lot of fans judge GMs the same way the judge players (on field results) but with GMs, that's a really bad and dangerous way to do things. GMs obviously don't play; they select the guys who do and the coaches who coach them. The "thing" you want to judge your GM on is his thought process and his overall methodology to doing that, not just results. The problem I've had with Pace (and continue to have with him) is that he constantly doesn't understand the concept of value. That's what I look for in a GM; how good are they at valuing their assets and how good are they at valuing other team's assets whether it be draft picks or players?

I mean how many major signings has Pace made where that exact same player was available for peanuts, the Bears never made a serious offer, that guy goes to a new team and now all of the sudden the Bears are interested at a much higher price? Taylor Gabriel, Prince Amukuamura, Cody Parkey, Cordalle Patterson, and a few others over the years are all the personification of that. That's why I had such positive feelings about the HHCD signing because there was Pace trying to find value and trusting in his ability that if it works out and HHCD becomes too expensive, he'll get the comp pick and then replace him via FA or the draft next year.

Results are what matter. Right or wrong.

Process does not win games, making more right decisions does.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Pace shot his shot. He missed. He should be fired.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Weird how you have fought for Pace against Alpha Male for a long time even before last year's 12-4 season and now try to characterize him as a newly formed Pace hater.

Ummmmmmm really weird that you've followed me around so much that you know who i was fighting with even before last year started...Holy shit that's need help weird.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
The Bears have

-limited cap space
-limited draft picks
-no QB
-maybe an idiot at HC

Not sure why a GM would keep their job.

I know it and what that say about any of us that bought into all of that stuff you mentioned until now? We must really not know what the hell we're talking about either right? We all loved Nagy and Pace and the team Pace built just a couple of months ago and now most of us have done a complete 180 so that says a lot for what we know as well.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Pace shot his shot. He missed. He should be fired.

who does arcorsi foist on us this time lol. Our front office is football stupid. They don’t make decisions on their own cause they are inept

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
"Keep us relevant" lol.

After a painfully slow rebuild, one winning season when everything went right (easy schedule, lack of injuries, defensive turnover anomaly etc) and now immediately back to being garbage.

At least Angelo and Lovie's teams had sustained competitiveness and three playoff appearances (4 if Cutler and forte hadn't gone down in 2011) instead of one flash in the pan season before melting down into this kind of mess.

Lovie had some up and down seasons so not sure i'd call that sustained competitiveness. He had a couple 7-9 seasons, a 5-11 season, a 8-8 season and 9-7 season to go with a few really good seasons and back then you could win super bowls with just a great defense and not have to have a great offense, you're not doing that these days. So hard to compare the way the NFL was back then to how it is now. We went to the super bowl with Rex Grossman as our QB...LOL

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Just imagine when he keeps Davis on the team and forfeits a 4th rounder. When the Saints were in salary cap hell and whiffing on many draft picks, Pace was one of the key decision makers.

Can someone please confirm this? I've been hearing it from some on here but have yet to see it confirmed. Do we really get a 4th round comp pick if we cut Davis by week 10??????

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
So what? don't fall into the fallacy. A miss is a miss. GMs get paid big $$ not to miss and it doesn't matter if analysts outside fail in their analysis as well.

You just keep on showing your age and ignorance every time you post. You and your troll buddy (alt) just don't understand the game from the other side and only go off of stats which shows ignorance. Do you actually think our next GM won't make multiple mistakes? Please tell me you do to show your ignorance even more or you could just not give a straight answer which is what i'm expecting.

Can you name me some of who you think are the GM's that get paid the big bucks but haven't made mistakes so i can show you how every single one has made multiple mistakes please??? I'll hang up and wait.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Can someone please confirm this? I've been hearing it from some on here but have yet to see it confirmed. Do we really get a 4th round comp pick if we cut Davis by week 10??????

Got it. We need to cut M.Davis ASAP.

According to Nick Korte at Over the Cap, the Bears could gain their fourth-round compensatory pick back by cutting Mike Davis. As a team that is struggling this year and that is without many picks in the 2020 draft, Adam Pace needs to cut Mike Davis. I repeat, he needs to cut him.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I just have decent memory. Don't flatter yourself.

No it's weird man/boy, like really creepy and weird but i guess i should be flattered that you think and have been thinking about me for so long.....maybe....probably not though....but maybe.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I know it and what that say about any of us that bought into all of that stuff you mentioned until now? We must really not know what the hell we're talking about either right? We all loved Nagy and Pace and the team Pace built just a couple of months ago and now most of us have done a complete 180 so that says a lot for what we know as well.

Things change.

Holding on to your beliefs when new evidence is provided is idiotic.

Do you think that vaping is good for you? Because 6 months ago it was looked at as being safer than cigarettes and now peoples lungs have shut down.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I gave you the info to look this up yourself last week. What a shocker, you didn’t bother to read it. Les just made a thread on it.

edit: just saw you finally looked it up. Took you a week but good job

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You just keep on showing your age and ignorance every time you post. You and your troll buddy (alt) just don't understand the game from the other side and only go off of stats which shows ignorance. Do you actually think our next GM won't make multiple mistakes? Please tell me you do to show your ignorance even more or you could just not give a straight answer which is what i'm expecting.

Can you name me some of who you think are the GM's that get paid the big bucks but haven't made mistakes so i can show you how every single one has made multiple mistakes please??? I'll hang up and wait.

Some mistakes are bigger than others. All GMs make mistakes. Not all GMs get to make massive franchise crippling mistakes and keep their job.

It is not about being perfect. It is about avoiding the catastrophic misses.

giphy.gif

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I gave you the info to look this up yourself last week. What a shocker, you didn’t bother to read it. Les just made a thread on it.

Yeah i don't really read most of your posts. You're just too predictable on what you're gonna say and i know it's just negative and depressing shit and won't have much football knowledge behind it.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Some mistakes are bigger than others. All GMs make mistakes. Not all GMs get to make massive franchise crippling mistakes and keep their job.

It is not about being perfect. It is about avoiding the catastrophic misses.

giphy.gif

Is that what it's about? And is this just how you think teams are run or have you been an owner or front office person at any level in the NFL to know how teams are run? I guess Pace will be getting fired any minute now then so that sucks.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
More braindead talking points.

I keep saying this anytime this point is made. “As the sample size grows, perception changes.” Body of work is all that matters. You aren’t firing people when things are going well.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Is that what it's about? And is this just how you think teams are run or have you been an owner or front office person at any level in the NFL to know how teams are run? I guess Pace will be getting fired any minute now then so that sucks.

He will not be fired.

He will not be fired for financial reasons, not performance reasons.