It was stupid to release Leno then…

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
Leno was never anything better than average at best imo so why the knee jerk oh shit lenos gone now
At some point you have ta move on they did it at a time when it wasn't too expensive and they had a guy they liked and were targeting in the draft is my take on the whole situation does it leave a possible question mark I say sure but you don't make any gains or rise above mediocrity by playing it super safe
Time will tell is this move pays off or not
I for one am optimistic and am glad they are making moves too address the online which has been needing this for quite some time

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Are people just realizing how fucked up Pace made the cap last year?

Chernoybl level cap management in 2020.

I still don’t need Leno on the team. If Jenkins is too hurt to play then let Borom be the LT and develop. Leno reps are wasted their is not development and he is mediocre.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You know what you have. Yeah he’s bad, they could have waited until camp sorted out. Why they didn’t is baffling
They needed to sign their draft picks.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
he should have cut Graham and Hicks to keep Fuller a Bear
Do you ever even realize that you have the intellectual integrity of a potato?

Hicks is over 30, Danny T is washed, Fuller is almost 30, Quinn is over 30, Mack is almost 30 i believe, and even eddie jackson is getting up there in age.

I think offensive minded head coach is a better strategy because 1) offense is simply more important today

Exactly. Who are we planning on giving that money to? Hicks, Mack, Trevathan, Fuller, and others may not see another contract with the bears due to age. The only guy we need to pay is Robinson but they can find away to work around one contract.

Fuller would be tough to see go becahse I really like him but he’s almost 30 and in this day and age WR is just as important if not more than CB.

you’re right that the numbers don’t work, i hadn’t taken a close look at them, but if we could get something in a trade for hicks and fuller just do it. this defense needs to be re tooled sooner than later anyways and if it helps us hold onto robinson it’s the best of both worlds.