Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
So you cut Graham instead of Leno. All you have is a second year guy in Kmet and a cavalcade of suck behind him, which would unquestionably draw the ire of the meatballs who think Pace ROYALLY fucked up by not addressing the TE position while having ROYALLY fucked up by not getting rid of a terrible Charles Leno when we signed Ifedi for $5 mil and invested a second round pick in Teven Jenkins who can man the starting positions.

There's no pleasing Bears fans.

LOL, who cares who the backup TE is? Cutting Graham would've been the correct move.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Leno was always a poor fit for a Nagy dual threat offense...

It was past time to move on from him and find replacement 2 seasons ago.

I would have preferred 5 seasons ago personally.

No sense crying about this, I'd rather surf with the couch meat and UDFAs than continue to have a fatal flaw. Turn the page.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
and it is still stupid now. Pace shot himself in the foot, yet again.

to think he lost kyle fuller because of his poor cap management in the same offseason… that’s pretty bad.
You really don't understand how bad Leno was? He was awful.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
We got the same subpar play from Leno the last 2 years. He was healthy and available, but clearly not worth his contract. The staff was set to move on and by cutting him we saved 9 mil against the cap.

With the amount of young talent we have at interior OL, we we might as well start the process to see if any of them can swing to outside.

Plus, I'd rather us be positioned for once camp cuts start to happen. I'd be looking for a decent receiver or TE. Maybe even a veteran CB.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The sky is falling, the sky is falling.........

TL1961

Liked Posts:
For years Bears fans have bitched (appropriately) about the play of Leno and Massie.

Pace replaces them, and the fans who can't ever be happy about anything or ever admit when a move is right, are whining "I miss Charles Leno!"

Unreal. Yet, not surprising.

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
A pile of horseshit at LT would be more effective than Charles Leno, and at least one would have a reason to end up on the ground every play.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Ifedi's numbers were affected by uncertainty at the center position. He played better than that number.
What about all those years playing tackle in Seattle and grading poorly?

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Why, so then we can just hear you all bitch about how awful Leno is for another season?

Who the fuck cares what the fans bitch about?

mecha

Liked Posts:
it's been so long since I've watched Bears football I don't remember how frequent the offensive line got called for holds in contemporary times. it is substantially better than Pace year 1 I guess, 2015 in particular it blew my mind how bad the line was. it's statistically proven that Cutler had probably a hundred 3rd and longs (and somehow overcame a number of them) due to penalties and Adam Gase's dog and pony show gimmick plays not working for losses.

speaking of statistics though, I thought Leno was supposedly a lot better in pure numbers than what our eyes showed us... however that works. regardless, good bye.

Pace is seemingly a 1 step forward 2 steps back type of GM. this isn't going to be the year, but if the team performs better overall on both sides of the ball then I'll just accept that as a win. the Chicago Bears are never winning the Super Bowl again, so just let that go.

Bronek

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Georgia Bulldogs
" the Chicago Bears are never winning the Super Bowl again, so just let that go."

Your crystal ball is broken, Replace it..

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
What a bad hill to die on.

Got your tits in a tussle over a guy who was the 5th most penalized OT in 2019 and 2020?

Over a guy who you needed Mitch to roll away from so pressures wouldn't count from the bad hands/feet weren't the turnstile your eyes saw/chose not to?

Over a guy who the market thought didn't deserve more than Germaine Ifedi is making/makes less than 1/2 of what the bears were paying him?

You're allowed to use your brain to distinguish how Ryan Pace has absolutely neglected the OT position after paying Leno after he had a great 2015/16 and Massie when he was signed versus lots of pressure on a 2nd round pick that future draft assets were forfeited for, leaving the margin for error thin.

But wishing the same garbage player who you're comfortable with being back just because of some back tightness in a rookie? This thread idea was stupid when you were typing it and it still is now.

pinkfloydster

Liked Posts:
What about all those years playing tackle in Seattle and grading poorly?

Offensive linemen are unique in that as a day 1 starter, they have to be able to do everything an NFL O-linemen is expected to do. You can't decide Germain isn't good at pass blocking yet, so we won't pass the ball. This is in contrast to other position groups like WR. You won't ask Darnell Mooney to grab 50/50 balls, because he's at a disadvantage.

So, linemen are the one position group that their PFF scores can gradually rise each year. At least, that's how PFF describes what is happening. I think you are seeing this with Mustipher. He's gone from practice squad to starter.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
What a bad hill to die on.

Got your tits in a tussle over a guy who was the 5th most penalized OT in 2019 and 2020?

Over a guy who you needed Mitch to roll away from so pressures wouldn't count from the bad hands/feet weren't the turnstile your eyes saw/chose not to?

Over a guy who the market thought didn't deserve more than Germaine Ifedi is making/makes less than 1/2 of what the bears were paying him?

You're allowed to use your brain to distinguish how Ryan Pace has absolutely neglected the OT position after paying Leno after he had a great 2015/16 and Massie when he was signed versus lots of pressure on a 2nd round pick that future draft assets were forfeited for, leaving the margin for error thin.

But wishing the same garbage player who you're comfortable with being back just because of some back tightness in a rookie? This thread idea was stupid when you were typing it and it still is now.
It will never be as stupid as his the bears helped gb get Rodgers back by trading Miller to Houston thread though