It's OFFICIAL, We owe Mitch an apology . . .

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bears fans completely shit all over Trubisky. Dalton has only been farted on as of yet. Give it time. ?
Man I defended Trubisky for a very long time. There are a couple of things I saw which made me finally give up on him:

1. When he would inexplicably miss wide-open throws. I'm not talking about the throws he didn't see. I'm talking about the passes he sometimes threw to open receivers which were way off. And it wasn't always because he was under duress. Sometimes his accuracy was simply not up to a starting NFL QBs standards.
  2. I think it was the pre-season of 2020 when I remember reading in an interview that they were still scaling down the playbook. I'm sorry if you're still doing that in the third year of an offense, then something is wrong.
It was then that I realized that Mitch was going to make an awesome backup somewhere, just not for the Bears.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
This is not only coaching, or Defense forcing, but Dalton is known as a game manager. Other than the interception, I thought he played his style. Nothing surprising to me.

Nagy trying to get cute and going for it 4 times on 4th down. And while I like the aggressive nature, when he went for it on 4th and 15 from the 30, he really should have attempted the 47 yard field goal...

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:
It's less being too conservative than sequencing and at least keeping their safeties honest. You can send Mooney and Goodwin deep on the sides to occupy the safeties and hit AR under them for 15 to 20 yards behind the already deep backers. Run Kmet on some skinny posts in that same gap. Force them to change some things and take advantage. They forced us to the short edges and we just said OK.
I just don't agree with that. The gameplan the Rams forced us into was perfect for the Bears. short passes and runs all the way down the field, take up time, hopefully get a score and then had it over to the defense.

Unfortunately many things killed this plan.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
This board is schizophrenic, lol. Today Nagy is too conservative and last year Lazor was applauded for his conservative use of Mitch.
Sunday Nagy was conservative with his choice at QB. That’s now 3 QBs he’s been like that with.

Lazor was conservative to get the most he could out of Mitch. There’s a difference.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
MItch's brane is his worst enemy, both for reads and choking. He can run towards the edge and buggy whip a sidearm throw 20 yards accurately but choke a duck if he lines it up from the pocket... if he actually sees it. His accuracy actually got worse in the pros as they tried to clean him up. Should have just left him with his goofy golf swing but that still wasn't going to fix his brane.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
I just don't agree with that. The gameplan the Rams forced us into was perfect for the Bears. short passes and runs all the way down the field, take up time, hopefully get a score and then had it over to the defense.

If you as a coach are being forced to do something by an opponent, then you are not a good coach.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I agree, and the biggest thing I think was that the defense was, as Charles Barkley would say, "turrible."

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This is not only coaching, or Defense forcing, but Dalton is known as a game manager. Other than the interception, I thought he played his style. Nothing surprising to me.

Nagy trying to get cute and going for it 4 times on 4th down. And while I like the aggressive nature, when he went for it on 4th and 15 from the 30, he really should have attempted the 47 yard field goal...
Here's the thing. With the way we were playing, even if we made it, we burn more clock to kick a shorter field goal. Take the points and save the time. Stay in the game instead of ending it right there.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
The truth is that its difficult for any QB to succeed under Nagy. Trubisky was never going to be the guy, but he would have been better under somebody else. Foles was better under nearly every coach.

Let's just hope we get a real coach in here for Fields.

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Folks are not going to like it but there is truth in black and white.

The pass chart doesn't mean Mitch is a good quarterback, but points at something important.

What do Daniel, Trubisky, Foles, Dalton all have in common as bears QB?

Lazor didn't remake Nagy's playback. He can only work with what's there.

So is it Dalton's fault he looks like the others who been under center in Nagy's scheme?

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
This board is schizophrenic, lol. Today Nagy is too conservative and last year Lazor was applauded for his conservative use of Mitch.
Lazor was not conservative. He was controlled aggressive. He moved Trubisky around, which is not conservative. Trubisky had a much higher yard per throw average, not conservative. But did it with a smaller field....

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
That Nagy put him in at the around the 15 and then pull him at the 2 after that pass was ridiculous. I don't mind sitting him for a few but have been calling for him inside the 10 for weeks. He can stress a D and force gaps like few QBs in that position. It's more about talent than complex reads, line adjustments etc there. 1/2 field roll with a guy like Fields is a killer there.
Bingo

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
That Nagy put him in at the around the 15 and then pull him at the 2 after that pass was ridiculous. I don't mind sitting him for a few but have been calling for him inside the 10 for weeks. He can stress a D and force gaps like few QBs in that position. It's more about talent than complex reads, line adjustments etc there. 1/2 field roll with a guy like Fields is a killer there.
It's goes against everything football. He's a Special person. If there is any semblance of rhythm, he destroys it with his dumb fucking ideas.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It's goes against everything football. He's a Special person. If there is any semblance of rhythm, he destroys it with his dumb fucking ideas.
Or a time out because he can't decide on a play in time. And it's not just the time outs. Plays come in late way too often.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Folks are not going to like it but there is truth in black and white.

The pass chart doesn't mean Mitch is a good quarterback, but points at something important.

What do Daniel, Trubisky, Foles, Dalton all have in common as bears QB?

Lazor didn't remake Nagy's playback. He can only work with what's there.

So is it Dalton's fault he looks like the others who been under center in Nagy's scheme?
Not arguing against Nagy being part of the problem, but Dalton has been this type of QB for 3 years now.

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not arguing against Nagy being part of the problem, but Dalton has been this type of QB for 3 years now.
But he has never been a 5.4ypa type qb going back to college even.

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
Mitch is gone. Andy Dalton is the same disappointing production who can sometimes see the guy open on the 2nd/3rd read Mitch never could, for lesser the price than MT's 5th year option.

Let it go, fanboys.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Mitch is gone. Andy Dalton is the same disappointing production who can sometimes see the guy open on the 2nd/3rd read Mitch never could, for lesser the price than MT's 5th year option.

Let it go, fanboys.

OP is a troll, but his thread does make a point. Nagy's offense is a major issue because it hasn't worked with anyone out there.

When it does work he goes away from what works.