J.Johnson snubbed by PFF in CB rankings.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Trufant is ass.
He was ass when with Detroit cause they had a horrible defense around him and he has trouble staying healthy but he's an above average CB when healthy and actually has good players around him. That's kinda how it works unless you're one of the best at what you do.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Interestingly, they have Steven Nelson ranked as the 13th best CB. He is still a free agent.

Nelson was another surprise release by a team strapped for salary cap space. His addition, along with the signing of Joe Haden, helped stabilize a turbulent cornerback position in Pittsburgh over these last two seasons. Nelson ranks among the top 10 cornerbacks in the league in both completion rate allowed (53.9%) and passer rating allowed (75.1) among 68 players at the position to see at least 100 targets since 2019.
Yeah i just read something about him and how there's multiple teams (including the Bears) that are showing interest in him and he's just trying to figure out his best move.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He was ass when with Detroit cause they had a horrible defense around him and he has trouble staying healthy but he's an above average CB when healthy and actually has good players around him. That's kinda how it works unless you're one of the best at what you do.
Or.......he could be one of the reasons the defense was horrible?

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You cracked the case, it was Trufant for the horribleness of Detroit's defense.
And when he comes to the Bears, they will sprinkle some magic pixie dust on him and instantly he will become decent, as we all know, this is what happens to all aging vets when they sign with the Bears. After all, that is what happened to Quinn, right?

What part of "one of" and not "the" did you not understand?

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
And when he comes to the Bears, they will sprinkle some magic pixie dust on him and instantly he will become decent, as we all know, this is what happens to all aging vets when they sign with the Bears. After all, that is what happened to Quinn, right?

What part of "one of" and not "the" did you not understand?
To be fair the lions took several quality defenders from other teams over the last few years and turned them into non factors. Like trey flowers

But on trufant he is actually not good

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
To be fair the lions took several quality defenders from other teams over the last few years and turned them into non factors. Like trey flowers

But on trufant he is actually not good
Quin, Glennon, Foles, Dalton, they all stopped by to say hi.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Quin, Glennon, Foles, Dalton, they all stopped by to say hi.
I'm confused. Quinn is the only one that fits what I said about flowers. Or is this a new tagline you have like doink doink?

Last edited:

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:

Hey Erik, stop being a lazy ass and post the PFF Rankings.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Fuck it..

Here are the rankings.

For the full list

1. JAIRE ALEXANDER, GREEN BAY PACKERS

It hasn’t taken Alexander very long to establish himself as one of the league’s best coverage cornerbacks. We started to see signs of the Louisville product's playmaking ability in 2019, as his 16 forced incompletions ranked second at the position. However, he was overly aggressive at times and susceptible to giving up the big play. A Week 5 matchup with Amari Cooper and Dallas put that on display.

Alexander was still the same playmaker in 2020, but he was much more stingy in coverage, allowing just 353 receiving yards all season — including Green Bay’s two postseason games — despite logging nearly 600 coverage snaps. The result was a season where Alexander was worth 1.4 wins above a replacement-level player, almost a full half-win more than any other cornerback.

2. JALEN RAMSEY, LOS ANGELES RAMS

Ramsey has been one of the best cornerbacks in the league since Jacksonville drafted him fifth overall in the 2016 NFL Draft. He’s never recorded a PFF grade lower than 70.0 — impressive consistency for a cornerback often tasked with tough assignments — and is coming off the best PFF grade since his second year in the league. Opposing offenses simply weren’t able to attack him in coverage.

After being charged with eight receptions allowed in Week 1 against the Dallas Cowboys, Ramsey proceeded to allow just 24 receptions over the remainder of the regular season, giving up fewer than 25 receiving yards in 11 games. The ability to limit production like Ramsey did against top-flight talent is invaluable for the Los Angeles Rams defense.

3. MARLON HUMPHREY, BALTIMORE RAVENS

We considered putting Humphrey atop the list of the best slot cornerbacks in the NFL, given that he has spent the majority of his snaps lined up in the slot over the past two seasons filling the void left by an injured Tavon Young. Humphrey’s seamless inside-outside versatility is a big reason why he ranks so highly here.

The fifth-year cornerback out of Alabama has recorded at least 800 coverage snaps in the slot and out wide throughout his NFL career. He also ranks in at least the 87th percentile in coverage grades at both alignments. The most impressive part is that it all comes in a man-heavy Baltimore defense — few cornerbacks in the league possess that kind of ability.

4. XAVIEN HOWARD, MIAMI DOLPHINS

Howard is one of the best playmaking cornerbacks that the NFL has to offer. Since entering the league in 2016, 18.7% of his targets in coverage have resulted in a pass breakup or interception, leading all cornerbacks who have been targeted at least 150 times over those five years. Howard’s 2020 performance put that playmaking ability on full display, with double-digit pass breakups and interceptions to go along with an 89.6 coverage grade.

5. JAMES BRADBERRY, NEW YORK GIANTS

Bradberry put up solid performances against a difficult slate of NFC South cornerbacks across the first four seasons of his career with the Carolina Panthers, but he took a clear step forward in his first year with the Giants last season. Bradberry was the fourth-most valuable cornerback in the league in 2020 per PFF WAR, with career-best coverage numbers across the board.

The former Samford Bulldog put up one of the better performances of any cornerback in the league against Allen Robinson II, allowing just one reception on six targets with three pass breakups and an interception in that Week 2 matchup.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Even if we were talking about turning quality players in general into bad players, none of those qbs he listed are applicable. He's not the brightest
Wasted money on Free agents. It's not hard to figure out what I was implying, but the next time I will get my crayons and draw you a picture so your wee brain can understand. But if it makes you feel better, you can add ha ha sux dics and Bust my scrotum to the list. And Trey Flowers has been miles better than Quinn.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Wasted money on Free agents. It's not hard to figure out what I was implying, but the next time I will get my crayons and draw you a picture so your wee brain can understand. But if it makes you feel better, you can add ha ha sux dics and Bust my scrotum to the list. And Trey Flowers has been miles better than Quinn.
Ummmmmmm.....you have crayons? Sounds about right. :success:

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:

1623677923391-jpeg.12214

Looks like a guy thats been in Protective Custody