Jalen Hurts

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Anyone here been watching him this season? I haven't watched any Eagles games this year but I know they're putting up 27 points a game.

His passing stats don't look terrible. 61% a game completion. 2300 yards. 13 TD's to 5 INT's.

The running stats are great. 618 yards. 5.4 YPC 8 TD's

Anyways, just trying to figure out if I need to add Hurts to the list of QB's Pace should have drafted. Haven't watched a down of his play this year so I honestly don't know. I do know he's the QB for a team putting up some points is all. @Pegger Any thoughts on him?

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
IDK if he's capable of being a long term answer anywhere but i like his skillset and raw ability. If i remember correctly, there was a decent amount of posters here who liked him. I threw out the idea of pairing him with Roman a year or so ago.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Eagles owner doesn’t fuck around. If something isn’t working he will eat those front office and hc contracts. If we had eagles ownership pace and naggy would have been unemployed after 2019. George allowed this current shit show to continue

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Anyone here been watching him this season? I haven't watched any Eagles games this year but I know they're putting up 27 points a game.

His passing stats don't look terrible. 61% a game completion. 2300 yards. 13 TD's to 5 INT's.

The running stats are great. 618 yards. 5.4 YPC 8 TD's

Anyways, just trying to figure out if I need to add Hurts to the list of QB's Pace should have drafted. Haven't watched a down of his play this year so I honestly don't know. I do know he's the QB for a team putting up some points is all. @Pegger Any thoughts on him?
Hurts season has been a bit of a roller coaster, but I don't think that's on him. In Nick Siraini they have a first time play caller who's went through his own learning curve. There have been some games where Hurts has looked bad, but after the tape breakdowns he wasn't put in a situation to succeed.

For the last few games they have started to run the ball. Honestly this is what I expected from the start of the season. They have a big, nasty OL and can just maul people. They took that line and ran so many bubble screens and RPOs that this looked like a college offense.

Anyway, now that there is a commitment to the run and Hurts has less decisions to make per game he's making better decisions and looking the part.

Honestly going into this season I thought he gets first shot at being the guy, but their draft capital (3 firsts) made it easy to move from him if he falters. Earlier in the season I started looking at college QBs and even thinking of a potential Watson trade. Now I'm leaning towards building around Hurts at least for the next 2.5 seasons (his rookie contract).

To your question, was he a Ryan Pace miss? At this point it's looking like that, but I'd also say Pace isn't drafting a QB in the 2nd. He either falls in love with someone and moves up (Mitch or to a lesser extent, Fields) or doesn't draft one. I can't see Pace see a QB and think 'let's just see if he's there in the 2nd'. It's almost when he likes a guy all the focus turns to 'how can I get him?'.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I just kind of wonder if this team would have been better off with Hurts instead of Kmet, and then the Bears having a first this year (instead of picking JF) and next year? Anyone prefer to be in that situation over where the Bears are now?

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
He started off rough but has put together some decent games, I am surprised I thought he was done.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Did you just make a thread to tell us ryan pace should have drafted a qb who is mediocre?

Awesome sauce.

If hurts was on this team it would be just as bad.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
I've onky watched a bit of Hurts in the pros, but plenty in college. His performance is unprecedented and I think more a testament of the coaching staff scheming for him.

No one can convince me Hurts is a better option than Fields coming out of college. Hurts is basically a poor man's version of Fields. The only difference is the Eagles have found a way to scheme an offense that caters to their QB and showcases his strengths.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Did you just make a thread to tell us ryan pace should have drafted a qb who is mediocre?

Awesome sauce.

If hurts was on this team it would be just as bad.
I made this thread to have a football conversation that wasn’t the 1000th thread about how bad Nagy sucks. Sorry that offends you.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I've onky watched a bit of Hurts in the pros, but plenty in college. His performance is unprecedented and I think more a testament of the coaching staff scheming for him.

No one can convince me Hurts is a better option than Fields coming out of college. Hurts is basically a poor man's version of Fields. The only difference is the Eagles have found a way to scheme an offense that caters to their QB and showcases his strengths.
I think they’re very different QBs. Fields has way more arm talent but Hurts is the better runner.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
They’re doing better now that they’re actually getting the RBs involved and just running the ball more in general. Not accurate enough to be a long term answer. They would have easily beaten the Bucs earlier if he didn’t miss so many throws

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
I just kind of wonder if this team would have been better off with Hurts instead of Kmet, and then the Bears having a first this year (instead of picking JF) and next year? Anyone prefer to be in that situation over where the Bears are now?
I wouldn’t. A middle of the pack QB doesn’t turn this franchise around from its upcoming death spiral.

I’d rather swing for the fences for a premier QB talent, which I would consider Fields as from a prospect standpoint, as opposed to someone like Hurts.

Last edited: