James Daniels shotgun snaps

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
I did a search and I could not find any comments on how JD is doing with his shotgun snaps. If it was an issue, I'm sure we would have about 20 pages on it, so I have to assume that he is doing well.

If he is delivering a spiral snap that is on target, I can only imagine that Mitch would be a lot happier with that.

Anyone been to camp to see if it looks better than the slow pitch softballs that Whitehair had to resort to?

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
I heard Daniels' shotgun snaps have been getting to Trubisky's hands without a problem, but the shotgun snap consultant said his computer metric shows Daniels' snap has only a .76 VELO spin, so the Bears will cut him and hold a shotgun snap tryout on Saturday, bringing in 8 new UDFA centers.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Daniels is a natural center. I would be shocked if he had snapping issues like Whitehair.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
I can imagine an accurate snap that has velocity would help a ton on being able to keep your eyes down field... This move could prove to be helpful in Trubisky's progress.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
I can imagine an accurate snap that has velocity would help a ton on being able to keep your eyes down field... This move could prove to be helpful in Trubisky's progress.

Honestly when I was at bdubs with @HeHateMe on Monday (National Chicken Wing Day ICYMI)... we were talking about longsnapping in general which id obviously different than snapping to a QB in the shotgun...

... I digress. Anyways, HHM told me that he propped up his clownhole board and actually tried to snap a football through the hole and went 1/10.

It's really not as easy as it looks and is a very underrated NFL skill.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Nothing to see here until we get to the pre-season where he may get extended play to get him action at center and see how he is coming along.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Honestly when I was at bdubs with @HeHateMe on Monday (National Chicken Wing Day ICYMI)... we were talking about longsnapping in general which id obviously different than snapping to a QB in the shotgun...

... I digress. Anyways, HHM told me that he propped up his clownhole board and actually tried to snap a football through the hole and went 1/10.

It's really not as easy as it looks and is a very underrated NFL skill.

This is true. Mitch would probably punch me in the dick if I was shotgun snapping to him with how inaccurate I was that day- I wasn't even as good as Whitehair. However, some of those adjustments you showed me have paid off. I was able to do about 60% yesterday. Also, the clownhole target is much tighter window than what you'd get with a QB standing back there, so I'd say I'd probably be relatively efficient if I didn't have to immediately get my body up to block someone...

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Nothing to see here until we get to the pre-season where he may get extended play to get him action at center and see how he is coming along.
You're just a salty Sally about Daniels looking decent and likely getting the start this season after you CHITTED all over him being ready for center over the last year. Why can't you just be happy it looks like it's going to work out fine, if not even for the better? We're all Bears fans here.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Where can I get a clownhole board? And no lame jokes at the expense of CCS.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Let me get this straight. Not so much as a tweet stating he looked good snapping or blocking and you're willing to make the leap that he's ready to be the starting center? Par for the troll course I suppose.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Let me get this straight. Not so much as a tweet stating he looked good snapping or blocking and you're willing to make the leap that he's ready to be the starting center? Par for the troll course I suppose.
The rule of thumb for basically ANY OL is that "no news is great news"

You've been watching football for how many years now and don't know this?

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

If he had snapping issues, you don't think any of the beat reporters would have said anything?

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The rule of thumb for basically ANY OL is that "no news is great news"

You've been watching football for how many years now and don't know this?

They aren't going through much contact at all in any form of training camp practice. Why do you think linemen look rusty in the pre-season? Its their first live bullets in months.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
If he had snapping issues, you don't think any of the beat reporters would have said anything?

there's this:

https://theathletic.com/1104504/201...ch-and-mitch-trubiskys-big-throw-in-the-rain/
BOURBONNAIS — We’re four days into Bears training camp with two padded practices in the books and no one is talking about the offensive line.

That’s a good thing, especially considering there’s a new center.

I feel like people really don’t talk about the offensive line unless they’re doing bad,” James Daniels said.

The entire starting five is back up front, and sometimes it’s worth reminding yourself that Daniels is now the center and Cody Whitehair is the left guard. The 2019 Bears offense will have a 21-year-old center on opening night against the Packers, but no one seems concerned.

“James’ most natural position is center,” GM Ryan Pace said Monday on the “Mully and Haugh” show on 670 The Score. “You can just feel it. You can see it. The way he bends. He’s really calm, so when it comes to making the line calls and making the adjustments, it’s natural for him. That has gone really...

@xer0h0ur HOW DO YOU LIKE THEM APPLES ^^^^

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Yeah I would expect to read tweets on bad snaps but lets not act as if training camp is any gauge whatsoever on actual blocking for linemen. We also still have no idea who is making the protection calls. Is it Daniels or still Whitehair from his guard position?

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yeah I would expect to read tweets on bad snaps but lets not act as if training camp is any gauge whatsoever on actual blocking for linemen.

Blocking I agree. But why are you negative on Daniels?

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Yeah I would expect to read tweets on bad snaps but lets not act as if training camp is any gauge whatsoever on actual blocking for linemen. We also still have no idea who is making the protection calls. Is it Daniels or still Whitehair from his guard position?
You're trying to refute something not even being discussed. The thread is literally about his shotgun snaps not his blocking. You're literally moving goalposts made of straw with this line.....

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Sounding like a good transition so far. Remember the part where I said now Whitehair has to be servicable at guard or else its a net loss to have them switch positions? That has yet to be determined. Along with what Daniels or Whitehair look like under actual game action.

You can be as negative as you want but by every single account I have read/heard, looks like "so far, so good" for the both of them. I'm going to remain optimistic and positive that the move will pay huge dividends this season and the people making the decision to switch these boys know more than either of us.