Jamie Newman waived

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
For all the talk of Newman potentially being a mid round pick, he was already waived by Philly.

I know nothing about him other than it doesn't appear he ever lived up to his hype. Most teams generally have a developmental qb though. Everyone seems to think he has arm talent, maybe he could go on the practice squad for a couple years and work with Flip and learn under fields and whoever the backup is. If they could develop him at all maybe you could flip him for a decent pick in a couple years.

Definitely extremely wishful thinking, but until they have another developmental option it is low risk

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
This is the guy that all the Georgia fans were saying used COVID as an excuse and backed out for the season when it looked like he wouldn't get the starting job?

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
This is the guy that all the Georgia fans were saying used COVID as an excuse and backed out for the season when it looked like he wouldn't get the starting job?
This was the rumor.

I wouldn't mind it if we brought him in and left him to learn and let him be the gimmicky Hill QB who runs some option plays. I don't think we have a rookie QB , other than Fields, on the roster. Newman would be a nice mould that would cost us nothing.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
There's gotta be more to this release cause there's no reason to drop him this early in OTA's.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Yes. This is the guy. He lost the gig to:

1. A Manlet redneck named "Stetson"
2. A freshman RB masquerading as a QB
3. A QB coming off of a gruesome ACL Tear

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
There's gotta be more to this release cause there's no reason to drop him this early in OTA's.
If he's not applying himself nor able to run plays for practice, he's useless.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
This was the rumor.

I wouldn't mind it if we brought him in and left him to learn and let him be the gimmicky Hill QB who runs some option plays. I don't think we have a rookie QB , other than Fields, on the roster. Newman would be a nice mould that would cost us nothing.
Let's keep the gimmicky toys away from Nagy please

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Yes. This is the guy. He lost the gig to:

1. A Manlet redneck named "Stetson"
2. A freshman RB masquerading as a QB
3. A QB coming off of a gruesome ACL Tear

Well it looks like the Georgia people were correct then.