Jamie Newman waived

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Fun Fact: never thinking for a fucking second that Pace would get Fields, I advocated for Newman in the later rounds.

I’ll take that L(ions) now.

Everyone is guilty of this, especially at the QB position. Some other board favorites:

Davis Webb
Connor Cook
Zach Mettenberger
Aaron Murray
And others

greg23

Liked Posts:
I advocated for taking him in the 7th and as an udfa.....and still do.

Free roll of the dice.....if nothing else, he's camp fodder which we'll need a 4th qb (or 3rd if foles is dumped) to take snaps and play the last preseason game anyway.....from there if he's worthless; goodbye....if he has something; he practice squad candidate with the hopes of developing into a cheap backup to fields in 2022/23

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Everyone is guilty of this, especially at the QB position. Some other board favorites:

Davis Webb
Connor Cook
Zach Mettenberger
Aaron Murray
And others
Sure, but I find if you own up to your bad takes they end up stinging less.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Said it before the draft and I’ll say it again-I don’t want him anywhere near the Bears. I live in ATL and am a huge UGA fan. He absolutely quit on his team. He came in, couldn’t beat out anyone in camp, and then dropped out months after COVID started when he didn’t land the starting gig.

I can deal with mistakes, poor play that needs to be corrected and developed…all of that.

But I can’t respect people who quit and leave when it doesn’t go their way. Let the Packers have him.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
You should call into 670 the Score and tell them that

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Called that shit.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Said it before the draft and I’ll say it again-I don’t want him anywhere near the Bears. I live in ATL and am a huge UGA fan. He absolutely quit on his team. He came in, couldn’t beat out anyone in camp, and then dropped out months after COVID started when he didn’t land the starting gig.

I can deal with mistakes, poor play that needs to be corrected and developed…all of that.

But I can’t respect people who quit and leave when it doesn’t go their way. Let the Packers have him.
Why do the Falcons wear Red, Black & White?

To make it easier on the Bulldogs fans to know who to root for.

@PrideisBears

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:

How do you feel about Justin Fields?

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Fields came from a small pond in Kennesaw to a big lake in Athens. He thought the starting gig was his; problem was UGA's roster was 100% behind Fromm who led them within a couple of plays of winning it all. If it wasn't for Mel Tucker calling an awful game plan in the 2nd half, UGA wins it all. Fields was quickly ostracized from the locker room mainly because he struggled heavily in camp and honestly didn't grasp the playbook, instead he was trying to rely on his natural ability. Problem is, at the elite levels; you still need to study and commit to the program instead of winging it. He was not well received by the locker room from upperclassmen on both sides of the ball to even underclassmen. Luckily, it seems like he learned from his mistakes when he transferred. Nothing is handed to you no matter how much ability you have.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Was banging the table for him before the draft. Getting him at 11 was an absolute steal. I think he will be a special QB. He was younger when he transferred to OSU from UGA. It seems like he has matured, as most do.
I never understood why he slid in the draft. Wasn’t much more he could do in college to demonstrate that he has elite potential.

Payton34Sayers40

Liked Posts:
Fields came from a small pond in Kennesaw to a big lake in Athens. He thought the starting gig was his; problem was UGA's roster was 100% behind Fromm who led them within a couple of plays of winning it all. If it wasn't for Mel Tucker calling an awful game plan in the 2nd half, UGA wins it all. Fields was quickly ostracized from the locker room mainly because he struggled heavily in camp and honestly didn't grasp the playbook, instead he was trying to rely on his natural ability. Problem is, at the elite levels; you still need to study and commit to the program instead of winging it. He was not well received by the locker room from upperclassmen on both sides of the ball to even underclassmen. Luckily, it seems like he learned from his mistakes when he transferred. Nothing is handed to you no matter how much ability you have.

I understand you feel that way but I have heard that is a load of crap. From what I understand Fields was “all in” on Georgia until the widely reported racist incident happened to him right there at UGA. To his credit, he never really talked about it, did not bad mouth UGA, but simply decided it best to move on.

So what did UGA do? Try to smear the kid. UGA has a long, long history of doing that when jilted. When someone leaves UGA, it is always, the kid was entitled, the kid did not want to compete, the kid did not know the playbook, etc., etc, etc. Every frickin time.

So one guy was called the “n word” over and over while others looked on and did nothing to stop it — that one guy (Fields) quietly moved on and TOOK THE HIGH ROAD..... while the other guy (UGA) firmly entrenched itself in a smear campaign and TOOK THE LOW ROAD.

Typical UGA

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
I understand you feel that way but I have heard that is a load of crap. From what I understand Fields was “all in” on Georgia until the widely reported racist incident happened to him right there at UGA. To his credit, he never really talked about it, did not bad mouth UGA, but simply decided it best to move on.

So what did UGA do? Try to smear the kid. UGA has a long, long history of doing that when jilted. When someone leaves UGA, it is always, the kid was entitled, the kid did not want to compete, the kid did not know the playbook, etc., etc, etc. Every frickin time.

So one guy was called the “n word” over and over while others looked on and did nothing to stop it — that one guy (Fields) quietly moved on and TOOK THE HIGH ROAD..... while the other guy (UGA) firmly entrenched itself in a smear campaign and TOOK THE LOW ROAD.

Typical UGA
How did UGA smear him? All comments have been amicable and classy from both sides, if I remember correctly.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Typical UGA

The racist incident happened a long time after he lost the starting gig; months after the camp issues. Everything else was reported on UGA message boards and within booster clubs long before. Go look it up if you want to. To his credit, he learned from his mistakes when he arrived at Ohio St

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
How did UGA smear him? All comments have been amicable and classy from both sides, if I remember correctly.

They didn't. He's just making shut up to fit his narrative. It was such a terrible smear campaign that Justin's sister decided to stay enrolled at UGA! Actually surprised Payton didn't make this about Covid.

Last edited:

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Was banging the table for him before the draft. Getting him at 11 was an absolute steal. I think he will be a special QB. He was younger when he transferred to OSU from UGA. It seems like he has matured, as most do.
I never understood why he slid in the draft. Wasn’t much more he could do in college to demonstrate that he has elite potential.

Kirby, as they say here, done did fucked up in that scenario. From what I heard he promised him the starting job when he signed his LOI but then put him in a camp battle with an unathletic & weak armed (but smart) Jake Fromm. Fromm had a ridiculously low ceiling as a QB. Not sure if that is true though

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

Davis Webb
Connor Cook
Zach Mettenberger
Aaron Murray
And others

I wanted Deshone Kizer.......

To be fair, I thought we could get him later on in the draft and let him sit for a while and develop.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
They didn't. He's just making shut up to fit his narrative. It was such a terrible smear campaign that Justin's sister decided to stay enrolled at UGA! Actually surprised Payton didn't make this about Covid.
May have helped him become the player that he is now and a Bear, both in using the big brain and allowing him to fall to us. The transfer and nonsense surrounding it may have been the straw than had him fall.

Side note. Mitch just took Fromm's job, LOL.

Last edited:

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
May have helped him become the player that he is now a Bear, both in using the big brain and allowing him to fall to us. The transfer and nonsense surrounding it may have been the straw than had him fall.

Side note. Mitch just took Fromm's job, LOL.

It definitely helped him mature into the leader he is today. It was a very difficult situation to walk into. That much is true