Jaquan Brisker still hasnt signed a contract

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
This is an agent issue, not a player issue. The agency is using him to prove that they can maximize rookie contracts in order to further their business down the line. "Look, we set a precedent by getting this guy a guaranteed 3 years in the league by saddling the team with 3rd year money. Did the guys drafted below him get that?"

I can't believe I wasted my time replying to this...

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
There's basically 0% chance that the Bears cut Brisker in the middle of his rookie contract, if its true they are squabling over 100K garaunteed (not extra, just garaunteed) then thats a special kind of stupid. So much so that I have trouble believing its true, that would be dumber than normal even for the mighty Bears FO.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
He's probably signed, but can't report till he eats all of the BoJacks Cinnamon Toast Squares

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Bears should cave simply because of what happened when a scout was at the podium.

Chris Prescott described him as “a Ph.D. — poor, hungry and desperate,” .

Brisker is none of those things.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They need to get this done ASAP. No distractions.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I have no idea why anyone in the second round would holdout because rookie contracts are all essentially slotted nowadays.

HOWEVER >>>> If I were a 2nd round rookie safety for Chicago that has been promoting turnovers like management has, I would holdout for at least an additional 50,000 or 100,000 per INT and / or fumble recovered
............This additional amount should apply to everyone -btw-

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
There's a guy like 2 picks after him with 3rd year completely guaranteed and the pick before him had none of the 3rd year guaranteed. I'm sure they are disagreeing on that.

Canth

Liked Posts:
I have no idea why anyone in the second round would holdout because rookie contracts are all essentially slotted nowadays.

HOWEVER >>>> If I were a 2nd round rookie safety for Chicago that has been promoting turnovers like management has, I would holdout for at least an additional 50,000 or 100,000 per INT and / or fumble recovered
............This additional amount should apply to everyone -btw-

Per the rookie contract rules, they basically cannot actually do that.

However, I do believe there is a mechanism in place by the NFL that rewards rookies and veteran minimum players bonus money if they clearly outperform their contract value at the end of the season.

jonimus

Liked Posts:
Trade him for Robert Quinn and a future first.

#PaceWouldHaveDoneThisYesterday #LetsGoPoles

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights

And only 4 years after squabbles with Roquan over similar guarantees. SOSB (Same ol shitty Bears). Thank you McCaskeys!

Last edited: