Jason La Canfora says Daniels is better than Trubisky

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't know...Daniel got off to a rough start on Sunday, but he did settle in. I mean, he's a 32 year old undrafted journeyman QB. Keeping that in perspective, I don't think he played that bad. He had some good moments. He does seem calm and collected back there. I don't mind him compared to back up QBs of the past. I don't feel uncomfortable with him going out there.

I don't know why people want to compare him to Trubisky. They have two COMPLETELY different sets of expectations. Trubisky is a 2nd overall pick in a QB draft class that appears to have at least one HOF caliber guy already.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I don't know...Daniel got off to a rough start on Sunday, but he did settle in. I mean, he's a 32 year old undrafted journeyman QB. Keeping that in perspective, I don't think he played that bad. He had some good moments. He does seem calm and collected back there. I don't mind him compared to back up QBs of the past. I don't feel uncomfortable with him going out there.

I don't know why people want to compare him to Trubisky. They have two COMPLETELY different sets of expectations. Trubisky is a 2nd overall pick in a QB draft class that appears to have at least one HOF caliber guy already.

You can't have it both ways.

You can't claim he is better than Mitch, and then use his draft position to "validate" his extremely mediocre play.

You can say he is a decent backup for an undrafted QB, but that doesn't make him the best backup, or worthy of starting, or better than Mitch, or anything else.

If you are evaluating his game, he either played well or he didn't. He didn't. Four fumbles and two picks accounting for a 14 point swing in an OT game is not playing well. Enough of the "For a blind guy it wasn't a bad game', or "As one-legged QB's go, he's pretty good."

YOU make the argument that Chase is better than Mitch, and then say others are unfair to expect him to be. I don't EVER expect a backup QB to be better than the starter, because if they were, they'd be starting. I don't have unfair expectations for a backup. I was one of the few people here not expecting to win at NY because of the fact we were starting a backup QB. Backups are backups for a reason (or for a number of reasons).

The guy has started 4 games prior to yesterday, and many here act like he is our best QB, which is flat out silly.

But you are playing it both ways, and that's wrong.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
You can't have it both ways.

You can't claim he is better than Mitch, and then use his draft position to "validate" his extremely mediocre play.

You can say he is a decent backup for an undrafted QB, but that doesn't make him the best backup, or worthy of starting, or better than Mitch, or anything else.

If you are evaluating his game, he either played well or he didn't. He didn't. Four fumbles and two picks accounting for a 14 point swing in an OT game is not playing well. Enough of the "For a blind guy it wasn't a bad game', or "As one-legged QB's go, he's pretty good."

YOU make the argument that Chase is better than Mitch, and then say others are unfair to expect him to be. I don't EVER expect a backup QB to be better than the starter, because if they were, they'd be starting. I don't have unfair expectations for a backup. I was one of the few people here not expecting to win at NY because of the fact we were starting a backup QB. Backups are backups for a reason (or for a number of reasons).

The guy has started 4 games prior to yesterday, and many here act like he is our best QB, which is flat out silly.

But you are playing it both ways, and that's wrong.

The problem with this post is that I've NEVER claimed Daniel was better than Trubisky.

I'll take it a step further and say I think people are inventing this argument. I think there were people who thought we could win this game with Daniel, that's different than saying he's better than Trubisky.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

He was incredibly bad

-2 picks, 1 returned for a TD
-4 fumbles
-Ran into 2 sacks that ended drives
-Missed Cohen for 2 easy TDs
-Was bailed out by Allen Robinson catching every arm punt he threw

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Keep feeding the La Canfora beast, fellas.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
He was incredibly bad

-2 picks, 1 returned for a TD
-4 fumbles
-Ran into 2 sacks that ended drives
-Missed Cohen for 2 easy TDs
-Was bailed out by Allen Robinson catching every arm punt he threw

He was brutal. Anyone liking him to Nick Foles moving forward should be perma-banned.

JD Trendleton

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. LA Clippers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Florida Gators
I love Chase Daniel, great guy, great competitor. But Trubs did more in 1 game vs. the Bucs than Daniel's done in his entire career.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
I keep hearing that Trubisky's six-TD game against the Bucs didn't mean anything because it's the Bucs.

But literally no one else has been able to duplicate that against Tampa this year---not Drew Brees, not Cam Newton.

The Bucs beat the Saints, and now they've beaten the Panthers.

LiverpoolBearsFAn

Liked Posts:
One observation I made was someone needs to explain the benefits of throwing the ball away instead of being sacked to Chase Daniel. He literally seems to not know you can do it.

JD Trendleton

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. LA Clippers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Florida Gators
One observation I made was someone needs to explain the benefits of throwing the ball away instead of being sacked to Chase Daniel. He literally seems to not know you can do it.

The play where he fumbled picked it up and then went down was pretty comical too. Think he forgot the rules or something during that play.

JD Trendleton

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. LA Clippers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Florida Gators
I give Daniel major props for giving us a chance to win 2 football games on the road though. He could have mailed it in after those 2 picks and had a terrible game, but righted the ship enough to give Bears a shot. Lot of respect for that and his service. Hopefully we won't see him playing in a Bears uniform again though.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
https://247sports.com/nfl/chicago-bears/Article/Chase-Daniel-Mitch-Trubisky-comparison-122163740/

Jason La Confora is terrible but he really has bone to pick with Trubisky, bashes him every chance he gets.

A learning curve was going to be there no matter what for Trubisky given the system he played in a year ago. As a rookie, Trubisky made 12 starts for Chicago and ended the year with just seven touchdowns and seven interceptions. Throughout his rookie campaign, it was obvious the previous coaching staff was holding him back. During the team's Monday night game against the Seattle Seahawks in Week 2, CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora took to Twitter with an interesting take:

"Chase Daniel > Mitch Trubisky," he tweeted.

Great so we package Daniel up and see how many draft picks we can get for him

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
This makes sense now as to why he has picked us the last week or two to win..

I mean he picked the jets and Bill's to beat us..he is just trolling lol. Everything he says is the exact opposite of credible.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
What is it about Chicago fans loving the backup more than the starter?

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
He was brutal. Anyone liking him to Nick Foles moving forward should be perma-banned.

I wanted him to play as well as a back-up QB should: Manage the game, don't make mistakes, eat up clock and let your defense help you out.

Sadly, I think last week went to his head and he decided he was "the man" - and came in and laid a fucking stinker.

I really think Nagy/Pace was hoping buy a game and put him up against a really pitiful D to help him build a solid 2-game resume to set up a trade for a 4th or 5th round pick next year.

So, instead of setting us up for a potential draft pick and a good contract for him, we lost the game, and almost certainly took us out of any chance of a bye.

The Giants were waiving the white flag. Nagy told them to pick it up. Dumb fuck.

Now we have the Rams, the Packers (who will be playing motivated) the 49ers (we've lost 8 of last 10 in San Fran) and then the Vikings in the dome.

Fuck you Nagy. Fuck you Chase. Fuck anyone in this dumb-as-shit organization who does stupid shit when you have a team that is in contention.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well whatever you do, DON'T FUCKING CLICK HIS LINKS. Don't feed that fat fuck.

There should be a rule that all LaCuntfora thread starters need to just post the full text and NO link so we can laugh at him with no clicks.

pfcmsh

Liked Posts:
I'm never going to read an article by, for, about or even referring to this person.