Javy

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Wow. Pretty dumb. Javy obviously has no intention of being a met. Lindor is doing it too though and he's stuck there for a long time.

Although at the rate javy is going he'll be out of baseball in no time

Bust

Liked Posts:
IT'S OFFICIAL, CUBS WIN JAVY BAEZ TRADE . . . Jed won out on both the Kimbrel and Baez trade and oh look at Kris Bryant, he took himself out of the game cause he's hurt.

Since the trade deadline, the Mets dropped from first place in the National League East to third, out of the playoff picture, highlighted by a 9-20 record.

Since his trade to the New York at the trade deadline, the infielder is hitting .207/.258/.414 with three homers and five RBIs in 16 games.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Wow. Pretty dumb. Javy obviously has no intention of being a met. Lindor is doing it too though and he's stuck there for a long time.

Although at the rate javy is going he'll be out of baseball in no time
I know where he's coming from....fans expect a lot. To step out on the field and play MLB these players get paid....a lot. To me, that's part of being a major league player. You better have thick skin....if it weren't for those fans, all that money these guys get would be monoply money.

Skittles2100

Liked Posts:
New York fans are agressive and entitled pricks when it comes to sports. Good on Javy to flip the bird back at them. He is used to a fucking cool fanbase that Chicago has to offer. He now realizes how good he had it here. We criticize and we will let you know we are upset. Yet, we don't hold our heads above them like we are the Grandthams of Downton Abbey peering downwards on our servant staff. I can see Javy coming back for a few more years on a friendly deal after a humbling experience there. Idk why any of you would bicker about that. He had an ops+ of 107 and a WAR of 2.9 before he left. If he continued that pace here, he would have a WAR of around 4-4.5 by seasons end. If we get him for a 2 year 45m deal with team options for a 3rd and 4th year, we could walk out of 2021 like thiefs in the night.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

While certainly foolish, I also think it’s kinda honorable what Báez did here. I don’t think he gives a shit aboot the actual booing. I think he sees first hand how the booing has adversely affected his buddy Lindor over this season and is taking a bullet for him. Lindor has been getting booed all season.

Jon Heyman tweeting that Javy back to the Cubs this winter is quite possible. Ugh. No thanks.
I’d gladly take him back at a discounted rate.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
I looked up Javy's age and was surprised to find out he is 28. How much more grown up do we expect him to get if he returns to the Cubs?

In case this sounds condescending, by "grown up" I am talking primarily about plate discipline and not so much about arguing with fans, which is just dumb. I do like the youthful exuberance he brings to his game.

Last edited:

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Would think at 28 he is what he is.

He's like that super hot but crazy chick you date that you're hoping becomes marriage material.... only to stay bat shit crazy.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Well the Mets make a major deal and trade a prospect for what? A nose dive?

I get it. Team underperforming and you cheer? What dumb logic

Javy should have just zipped it and let his bat shut them up. All he is doing is tossing a log in the fire.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Mets fans are morons, everybody knows it. The best way to handle it is to ignore them, but that's not how Javy does things.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
The Mets stink.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Mets fans are morons, everybody knows it. The best way to handle it is to ignore them, but that's not how Javy does things.
Does booing make Mets fans morons? If so then that means Chicago Sports fans are morons too

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
4 years 60 mil is what I’d offer javy to come back

PickSix

Liked Posts:
So he can sulk and bitch about his belief that he is vastly under paid and not appreciated while continuing to lead the league in strike outs?
Why? What would be the point of bringing him back. He is what he is at this point. Some flash, some brain fart. But his stats just don’t deserve a contract of that sort.
Time to move on and give the next young lad a shot.