I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
So he can sulk and bitch about his belief that he is vastly under paid and not appreciated while continuing to lead the league in strike outs?
Why? What would be the point of bringing him back. He is what he is at this point. Some flash, some brain fart. But his stats just don’t deserve a contract of that sort.
Time to move on and give the next young lad a shot.

you mean aside from him still being one of the more popular cubs players in recent history? The amount of money the cubs would make off javy would justify paying him a reasonable amount

as far as on the field stuff, he is still a highlight reel defensive shortstop(yes he sometimes does fuck up the routine plays), has tremendous power, and a knack for driving in runs

considering guys like story, Correa, Seager are all going to get 25-30 mil per year for 6+ years each….signing javy to a 3/4 year deal at 15 mil per sounds pretty reasonable. He’s not as good as those guys, and thus would make less.

all comes down to if a team that misses out on one of those 3 guys gets desperate enough to offer javy big time $$. Right now, I kinda doubt it. He could actually end up being a steal if things work out nicely for the cubs. But there’s a lot of ifs and moving parts to where it’s not really worth thinking too much on at this point anyways

Bust

Liked Posts:
Javy who? No room.

2nd Nick Madrigal
3rd Pat Wisdom
SS Any of Carlos Correa, Corey Seager, Trevor Story

Wisdom has 25 homeruns in just 83 games played. If he is not a half year wonder and actually becomes a legit power hitter next season . . . 50 homeruns for a full season is a possibility. WOW!

Last edited:

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Wow. Pretty dumb. Javy obviously has no intention of being a met. Lindor is doing it too though and he's stuck there for a long time.

Although at the rate javy is going he'll be out of baseball in no time
5 extra base hits in last 7 games brilliant running infield catch.....yeah, he'll be out of baseball. :oops:

TL1961

Liked Posts:
you mean aside from him still being one of the more popular cubs players in recent history? The amount of money the cubs would make off javy would justify paying him a reasonable amount

as far as on the field stuff, he is still a highlight reel defensive shortstop(yes he sometimes does fuck up the routine plays), has tremendous power, and a knack for driving in runs

considering guys like story, Correa, Seager are all going to get 25-30 mil per year for 6+ years each….signing javy to a 3/4 year deal at 15 mil per sounds pretty reasonable. He’s not as good as those guys, and thus would make less.

all comes down to if a team that misses out on one of those 3 guys gets desperate enough to offer javy big time $$. Right now, I kinda doubt it. He could actually end up being a steal if things work out nicely for the cubs. But there’s a lot of ifs and moving parts to where it’s not really worth thinking too much on at this point anyways
He's better than Story. That guy is the embodiment of the Coors effect.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Javy who? No room.

2nd Nick Madrigal
3rd Pat Wisdom

Wisdom has 25 homeruns in just 83 games played. If he is not a half year wonder and actually becomes a legit power hitter next season . . . 50 homeruns for a full season is a possibility. WOW!
Signing Trevor story would be Milton Bradley bad.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
5 extra base hits in last 7 games brilliant running infield catch.....yeah, he'll be out of baseball. :oops:
I actually love javy and he was my favorite of the guys from 2012 or whenever he was drafted through 18 or 19. But I also recognize if he doesn't change his approach he's going to continue to get dominated and I wouldn't want to pay him any big money because he's shown no ability to do that

Snicker_Dickens

Liked Posts:
BUT...... For Trevor Story it will be harder to throw a ball into the outfield Bleachers with less than 2 outs from the SS position. Thus, it could be a tad better than Milton Bradley's contract.

Last edited:

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I actually love javy and he was my favorite of the guys from 2012 or whenever he was drafted through 18 or 19. But I also recognize if he doesn't change his approach he's going to continue to get dominated and I wouldn't want to pay him any big money because he's shown no ability to do that
That’s a far cry from “will be out of baseball soon”

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
Javy who? No room.

2nd Nick Madrigal
3rd Pat Wisdom

No love for Hoerner?

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Would think at 28 he is what he is.

He's like that super hot but crazy chick you date that you're hoping becomes marriage material.... only to stay bat shit crazy.
Yeah but those are the ones that will let you pound them out however you want it and whenever you want it and wherever you want it. But yes crazy indeed.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
No love for Hoerner?

I would rather have Hoerner at SS over Javy.

The sex stuff is weird over head.

Javy is either red hot of a strike out machine. The Cubs have that at a discount with Wisdom. Jed would be foolish to spend on more of what he has.

This team is really not that far away. What has been killing them is in pitching. Not hitting. They can score runs. They will become more apt at it by adding 2 contact hitters vs another cold shower.

I have been saying this but it is the staff that makes or breaks this team. Last two days it had been the stability of the pitching. Not the overpowering of a offense that has won those games.

I am expecting 120-130M. If 50M goes into the staff and the rest stays the same it is fine in a toss away year. The games will be close and the better fighter will stand at the end of games. Fans like the fighting underdog. It will sell tickets.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Does booing make Mets fans morons?

Trying desperately to figure out what constitutes stupidity?

Relax my friend regardless of anything you may hear to the contrary, you have arrived!

Gawd bless.