Jay cutler facts through week 5

Willis1524

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I don't know why this is so hard to understand. Cutler haters are getting to be on the same level as Cutler homers.

Edit: To make this a discussion, how about you give me a list of QB's that you would classify a "winner".

Last edited:

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
I don't know why this is so hard to understand. Cutler haters are getting to be on the same level as Cutler homers.

Edit: To make this a discussion, how about you give me a list of QB's that you would classify a "winner".

I think the list of current QBs is pretty short, since it's now a passing league. And QBs literally can't be tackled.

Rodgers
P Manning

Brady is an honorable mention, but Cassell did a reasonable job when Brady got injured

Sent from my toilet using Tapatalk - now Free

Willis1524

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think the list of current QBs is pretty short, since it's now a passing league. And QBs literally can't be tackled.

Rodgers
P Manning

Brady is an honorable mention, but Cassell did a reasonable job when Brady got injured

Sent from my toilet using Tapatalk - now Free

My point exactly. No Alex Smith? No Eli Manning who won two super bowls? Big Ben? Fuckin Mark Sanchez who took the Jets to back to back AFCC? This is a damn team sport. No QB can win anything on his own. If some of you can't see that, maybe you should go personally attack players on twitter and then say Whaa why get mad at me I have every right to go tell you to kill yourself.

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

It's not a discussion that I want any part of Willis. You're on the record saying Jay is between 10-12, I have him @ 13-15. So we're not that far apart, however YOU always want to compare him to the best, not me because there is no comparison.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
My point exactly. No Alex Smith? No Eli Manning who won two super bowls? Big Ben? Fuckin Mark Sanchez who took the Jets to back to back AFCC? This is a damn team sport. No QB can win anything on his own. If some of you can't see that, maybe you should go personally attack players on twitter and then say Whaa why get mad at me I have every right to go tell you to kill yourself.

IMO....the QB is the biggest contributor to your team winning or losing. He can even cover up for a shitty defense (see Manning or Rodgers).

We saw this 2 Sundays ago, when neither team punted yet the Packers beat the Bears quite convincingly per the scoreboard.

Willis1524

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's not a discussion that I want any part of Willis. You're on the record saying Jay is between 10-12, I have him @ 13-15. So we're not that far apart, however YOU always want to compare him to the best, not me because there is no comparison.

When do I compare him to the best? Not once because I am not a dumbass. He is not better than Luck, Russ Wilson, Brady, P Manning, Rodgers, Brees, or Rivers. He is not in the same class as them. You are reaching here man. I am not a Cutler homer that comes on here and says he is better than these guys. Earlier in the rate Cutler thread, I thought we were talking about so far in the season, and changed accordingly when I found out.

Willis1524

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
IMO....the QB is the biggest contributor to your team winning or losing. He can even cover up for a shitty defense (see Manning or Rodgers).

We saw this 2 Sundays ago, when neither team punted yet the Packers beat the Bears quite convincingly per the scoreboard.

I agree with that 100%. What happens in that game if Jordy Nelson or Randall Cobb can't get open? The Lions game happens. ELITE QB can do what you are saying they do. "Winners" is a stupid term to be used in a team sport. That was the only thing I was arguing yesterday, and today for that matter.

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
When do I compare him to the best? Not once because I am not a dumbass. He is not better than Luck, Russ Wilson, Brady, P Manning, Rodgers, Brees, or Rivers. He is not in the same class as them. You are reaching here man. I am not a Cutler homer that comes on here and says he is better than these guys. Earlier in the rate Cutler thread, I thought we were talking about so far in the season, and changed accordingly when I found out.

Am I wrong in saying that you like saying stuff like "well Brees threw 3 picks last week" or "Brady threw a pick 6 today".

If so, my appogies.

Willis1524

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Am I wrong in saying that you like saying stuff like "well Brees threw 3 picks last week" or "Brady threw a pick 6 today".

If so, my appogies.

Yes you are wrong. I do say that all QB's throw dumb passes, which is true. Closest thing that I can ever remember saying like that.

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes you are wrong. I do say that all QB's throw dumb passes, which is true. Closest thing that I can ever remember saying like that.

So because an elite guy throws a pick or has a bad game once in a while, Jay is allowed to do it twice as much? That's a good argument?

Willis1524

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So because an elite guy throws a pick or has a bad game once in a while, Jay is allowed to do it twice as much? That's a good argument?

Thats what I just said? What I said, in context, was don't act like Cutler is the only QB to ever throw an INT to a DT. He is also not the only QB to ever throw the ball into double coverage. He is also not the only QB to ever force feed his number 1 receiver. These are all things people on here act like he does soooo much more than every other QB(every other QB, not the ELITE ones like Rodgers). Fact is because we are Bears fans, people are more sensitive to his mistakes than other QB's around the league. That is a fact. There are really only four QB's in the NFL that are a clear tier above everyone else and that is Rodgers, Brees, Manning and Brady. When I personally discuss Cutler, I am not comparing him to those players, because that is asinine. If you compare Cutler to those players, you are a homer. I don't care what talent or coaching you put around Cutler, he will not be a HOF QB. Expecting him to be is just as asinine as comparing him to those HOF players.

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Thats what I just said? What I said, in context, was don't act like Cutler is the only QB to ever throw an INT to a DT. He is also not the only QB to ever throw the ball into double coverage. He is also not the only QB to ever force feed his number 1 receiver. These are all things people on here act like he does soooo much more than every other QB(every other QB, not the ELITE ones like Rodgers). Fact is because we are Bears fans, people are more sensitive to his mistakes than other QB's around the league. That is a fact. There are really only four QB's in the NFL that are a clear tier above everyone else and that is Rodgers, Brees, Manning and Brady. When I personally discuss Cutler, I am not comparing him to those players, because that is asinine. If you compare Cutler to those players, you are a homer. I don't care what talent or coaching you put around Cutler, he will not be a HOF QB. Expecting him to be is just as asinine as comparing him to those HOF players.

Sounds good, but I'm afraid I'll have to redirect to this post sooner rather than later.

I'm also pretty sure that Jay doesn't sniff any of these guys's jocks either ... Luck, Wilson, Rivers and Romo.

Willis1524

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sounds good, but I'm afraid I'll have to redirect to this post sooner rather than later.

I'm also pretty sure that Jay doesn't sniff any of these guys's jocks either ... Luck, Wilson, Rivers and Romo.

Romo I would disagree on, because IMO they are very similar. Luck and Wilson I think will be in the upper tier sooner rather than later, but I do agree they are better than Cutler with Rivers also. I think they are on the next tier below the four I listed, with Big Ben under those three. Then come the Romos Cutlers Staffords and Eli Mannings of the bunch.

Edit: On my lunch break I am going to attempt to look at other QB's TD/Drive total to see if they are similar as Cutlers, No time right now though because Farmers are not gonna fix their own things.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Tell Farmers to go suck a dick

Willis1524

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Packers (Rodgers because I left out Flynn)- Has had 41 Drives start from a punt or KO. They have scored 16 times (11 TD 5 FG) (39%). Had 7 drives start from TO, 5 resulting in TD. Not all that better than Cutler especially since the last two games for the Packers were blowouts.

(Hats off to airtime this crap took my whole lunch break. Unless there is a faster way to do this than play by play logs on ESPN)

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Only jay can e a loser but the games he won be considered team wins. Why dont you understand Willis?

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
After 5 games...Jay's record as starting QB is....

2-3

Take that fact machine

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Only jay can e a loser but the games he won be considered team wins. Why dont you understand Willis?

I'd like him to win a few more games then.

He has a losing record under Trestman