Jay Cutler is still killing bears

Montucky

Liked Posts:
One serves a purpose, to eat. The other serves no purpose other than to kill a living animal. Seems pretty clearcut to me.

Just replace humans killing animal for 'sport' with aliens/non-human intelligence killing human for 'sport' and ask yourself how that idea makes you feel? It's the same thing, the human just has a different perspective because in scenario 1, they're the one recklessly killing animals for no reason and in scenario 2, it's an alien/non-human intelligence recklessly killing the human for no reason.
The problem with this is that there are almost no ecosystems on earth not dramatically affected by some human attempt at “progress”. In many ways these sport hunts are a lucrative and sometimes necessary way of trying to restore balance. Helicopter hunting javelinas and initiatives like Predator Free NZ (and by that they don’t mean turning HeHateMe around at the border lmao) are sport hunting that overall does a tremendous amount of good.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
The problem with this is that there are almost no ecosystems on earth not dramatically affected by some human attempt at “progress”. In many ways these sport hunts are a lucrative and sometimes necessary way of trying to restore balance. Helicopter hunting javelinas and initiatives like Predator Free NZ (and by that they don’t mean turning HeHateMe around at the border lmao) are sport hunting that overall does a tremendous amount of good.
@Chief Walking Stick

brundleflyguy

Liked Posts:
Nothing wrong with hunting. I personally only like eating what I kill, but hunting is the oldest sport in history. Guess the opposite take would be, damn you pussies wit the capachino and man buns wouldn't understand cause it's out of your safe space. To each his own. If you get out of the city it's a pretty regular sport.
It's only a sport if there's a level playing field. You go hunt a brown bear with a stick, and I might be impressed.

Plus if you're eating it, it's not a sport by definition. Then it's survival.

alswank87

Liked Posts:
What do you get out of staring at a stuffed dead animals carcass?
I don’t trophy hunt. I’m trying to get your opinion on why it’s right to treat cows and chickens like we do, but jay cutler killing a bear is the biggest injustice known to man. It seems like something you shouldn’t care about. And do we know he didn’t eat it? Some people like bear meat.

alswank87

Liked Posts:
One serves a purpose, to eat. The other serves no purpose other than to kill a living animal. Seems pretty clearcut to me.

Just replace humans killing animal for 'sport' with aliens/non-human intelligence killing human for 'sport' and ask yourself how that idea makes you feel? It's the same thing, the human just has a different perspective because in scenario 1, they're the one recklessly killing animals for no reason and in scenario 2, it's an alien/non-human intelligence recklessly killing the human for no reason.
Predator was a pretty sweet movie.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Pretty simple. One is killing for food the other is for recreation…killing for fun.

Now, I do understand that the majority of hunters are, on some level, are conservationists; they want their fish or game to be around for them to enjoy. Sort of a conundrum. Canned hunting is cruel and cowardly. And, in some areas animals (deer in particular) need “harvested” do to over breeding. But that is only needed because we chased out or killed the apex predators.